Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

Timpson did have one ejected. Joaquin had one ejected as well. If folks want to keep talking about the fight, maybe they should look at what brought it on to begin with. I’m not advocating for what happened, but you can’t say Joaquin was innocent in this. I will not call anyone out, but you can’t run another player into the bleachers and have a blatant late hit on a QB and not expect tensions to run high. As far as I I’m concerned, this could have been dealt with by both teams coaches well before it happened and didn’t. 

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson did have one ejected. Joaquin had one ejected as well. If folks want to keep talking about the fight, maybe they should look at what brought it on to begin with. I’m not advocating for what happened, but you can’t say Joaquin was innocent in this. I will not call anyone out, but you can’t run another player into the bleachers and have a blatant late hit on a QB and not expect tensions to run high. As far as I I’m concerned, this could have been dealt with by both teams coaches well before it happened and didn’t. 

I was just asking what the Joaquin guy did to get ejected. 

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

I've seen probably 50 people get ran into the bleachers at Joaquin over the years. I haven't been on the field at ground level in probably 5-6 years but when I was in school it was about 8-10 feet from the sideline to the wall. It happens.

That made it sound like I was saying "suck it up" that wasn't what I was saying and I want to clarify that. I don't think anyone did anything between the whistles that should have resulted in an ejection. There should have been 2 ejections in the skirmish but again it was after the whistle. Also HUGE props to Terry Bussey for getting as far away as possible from that chaos during that.

3 minutes ago, Lambo said:

That made it sound like I was saying "suck it up" that wasn't what I was saying and I want to clarify that. I don't think anyone did anything between the whistles that should have resulted in an ejection. There should have been 2 ejections in the skirmish but again it was after the whistle. Also HUGE props to Terry Bussey for getting as far away as possible from that chaos during that.

Smart move...he prolly looked around an said to himself... ima dip...

2 hours ago, Lambo said:

I've seen probably 50 people get ran into the bleachers at Joaquin over the years. I haven't been on the field at ground level in probably 5-6 years but when I was in school it was about 8-10 feet from the sideline to the wall. It happens.

It’s gonna happen because of the close proximity.  Makes it look a lot worse. 

There’s not nearly enough room on the sidelines at Joaquin, especially the home side.

Then you also have 25 JHS cheerleaders down there.

Joaquin should’ve built a new football field at the softball field and made the current field their practice field.

Heck, that can still be done even with having brand new turf, who cares?

Having new turf shouldn’t keep the school district from fixing the issues with the current football stadium.

Parking is terrible.  
Visitor side seating is embarrassingly too small.  
Stadium is right on the highway, which is actually a very real safety concern, especially for the visiting fans.   
Not nearly enough room on the sidelines from the field to the wall, that’s a safety concern for the players and everyone on the sidelines during the game   
The fans intermingle around the concession stand.  There needs to at least be a tall chain link fence separating the fanbases. 

There is plenty of room at the ballpark to build an admirable, efficient and safe football complex for home and visitors to enjoy.

Do a bond election and get it done.

THE TINY INCREASE IN TAXES PER HOUSEHOLD WILL NOT HURT ANYONE, and everyone would get to enjoy a much better experience on Friday nights. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

There’s not nearly enough room on the sidelines at Joaquin, especially the home side.

Then you also have 25 JHS cheerleaders down there.

Joaquin should’ve built a new football field at the softball field and made the current field their practice field.

Heck, that can still be done even with having brand new turf, who cares?

Having new turf shouldn’t keep the school district from fixing the issues with the current football stadium.

Parking is terrible.  
Visitor side seating is embarrassingly too small.  
Stadium is right on the highway, which is actually a very real safety concern, especially for the visiting fans.   
Not nearly enough room on the sidelines from the field to the wall, that’s a safety concern for the players and everyone on the sidelines during the game   
The fans intermingle around the concession stand.  There needs to at least be a tall chain link fence separating the fanbases. 

There is plenty of room at the ballpark to build an admirable, efficient and safe football complex for home and visitors to enjoy.

Do a bond election and get it done.

THE TINY INCREASE IN TAXES PER HOUSEHOLD WILL NOT HURT ANYONE, and everyone would get to enjoy a much better experience on Friday nights. 

Insert eating popcorn anxiously awaiting replies gif here….

Edited by DB2point0
  • LOL! 1

I guess I'm actually the only one who enjoys the mosh pit style atmosphere there?👀. The ambiance is that of a back room prize fight where thay sell liquor during the prohibition days of the 20's..I've always said if the fan's can't catch a mouthpiece or a cleete every once in awhile,they are too far from the game 👈

This is coming from an outsider, but whose attended enough Ram games to fully understand the physical constraints of the current football stadium and lack of amenities it offers.

Having been to MANY very fine football venues over 20+ years, it’s easy to see what needs fixing and you can’t fix it at the current location.