Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

There’s not nearly enough room on the sidelines at Joaquin, especially the home side.

Then you also have 25 JHS cheerleaders down there.

Joaquin should’ve built a new football field at the softball field and made the current field their practice field.

Heck, that can still be done even with having brand new turf, who cares?

Having new turf shouldn’t keep the school district from fixing the issues with the current football stadium.

Parking is terrible.  
Visitor side seating is embarrassingly too small.  
Stadium is right on the highway, which is actually a very real safety concern, especially for the visiting fans.   
Not nearly enough room on the sidelines from the field to the wall, that’s a safety concern for the players and everyone on the sidelines during the game   
The fans intermingle around the concession stand.  There needs to at least be a tall chain link fence separating the fanbases. 

There is plenty of room at the ballpark to build an admirable, efficient and safe football complex for home and visitors to enjoy.

Do a bond election and get it done.

THE TINY INCREASE IN TAXES PER HOUSEHOLD WILL NOT HURT ANYONE, and everyone would get to enjoy a much better experience on Friday nights. 

Worst ideas/post ever.  Leave it just like it is.  It's what makes small town Tx HS football special.

Parking:  I've never failed to find a place to park at any HS game in the entire state of Texas.  Pretty easy to figure this out with a single digit IQ.  Just do it.

Visitor Seating:  Small schools can't spend millions to have all the extra seating that's only needed a few times a year.  Live with what is there or don't go.

Stadium Location:  Everything in life is a risk.  For those that don't feel safe, stay home.  I've never felt unsafe in Joaquin visitor stands.

Sideline space:  It's perfect at Joaquin.  Some of the best games I've ever been to are the ones with the stands as close to the field as possible.  Fans right on top of the action is the best.  Moving them back would take away from the game.

Fans intermingling:  God forbid, we can't have this.  Come on man, really?

Raise taxes:  Guess you voted for Brandon.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Worst ideas/post ever.  Leave it just like it is.  It's what makes small town Tx HS football special.

Parking:  I've never failed to find a place to park at any HS game in the entire state of Texas.  Pretty easy to figure this out with a single digit IQ.  Just do it.

Visitor Seating:  Small schools can't spend millions to have all the extra seating that's only needed a few times a year.  Live with what is there or don't go.

Stadium Location:  Everything in life is a risk.  For those that don't feel safe, stay home.  I've never felt unsafe in Joaquin visitor stands.

Sideline space:  It's perfect at Joaquin.  Some of the best games I've ever been to are the ones with the stands as close to the field as possible.  Fans right on top of the action is the best.  Moving them back would take away from the game.

No, I did not vote for Brandon, I am just more than willing to pay an extra little bit in taxes every year for our school district to have nice things. 

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No, I did not vote for Brandon, I am just more than willing to pay an extra little bit in taxes every year for our school district to have nice things. 

I understand.  But you're wanting everyone to participate in paying "an extra little bit."  You can write a check to the district anytime.  I have it on good authority that they'll accept any donation and that's wonderful for those that would like to do so.  But, there are others that the "extra little bit in taxes every year" really makes a difference at home.  And the "every little bit in taxes every year" just continues to grow.

Edited by Everide2016

29 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I understand.  But you're wanting everyone to participate in paying "an extra little bit."  You can write a check to the district anytime.  I have it on good authority that they'll accept any donation and that's wonderful for those that would like to do so.  But, there are others that the "extra little bit in taxes every year" really makes a difference at home.  And the "every little bit in taxes every year" just continues to grow.

That I bolded in your post is sadly 100% accurate!

1 hour ago, Doomer said:

Yep.yep.yep. If they wanted to enforce something like that the  County/State  Roadcrew night might be searching for a new beverage vendor eh? Or some materials might get reallocated to McFadden boat ramp.

Now that’s one re-allocation I could get behind 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

I would agree with quite a bit of what you said, but these AA schools are spending mucho dollars on artificial surfaces that are only being used a few times a year also. 

As someone who’s played on the new field in Ramland I will say the sidelines are definitely too small but it does create an exciting atmosphere. Absolutely loved playing there but it was always dangerous. My last time there #3 from Joaquin was slammed into the wall pretty hard but thankfully was fine. Also hated the parking on the side of the road. I say love the atmosphere hate the pain 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WolfNation said:

As someone who’s played on the new field in Ramland I will say the sidelines are definitely too small but it does create an exciting atmosphere. Absolutely loved playing there but it was always dangerous. My last time there #3 from Joaquin was slammed into the wall pretty hard but thankfully was fine. Also hated the parking on the side of the road. I say love the atmosphere hate the pain 😂

This is all and exactly what I was saying.

The atmosphere IS great, no doubt.  The set up just isn’t ideal, did not mean any disrespect to any Ram fans.

• Like 1

I like our stadium the way it is. I played with a lot of guys on that field that aren't here anymore so unless they're willing to dig up the entire stadium about 30 feet into the ground and move it I'm not going for it. What I'm about to say is rude and I'm ok with being the bad guy. I don't want the visitors comfortable. I want their visit to Ram Stadium to be as absolutely miserable as it can possibly be. I want them having to deal with hearing the traffic behind them I want them cramped. Why? Because if they hate the stadium they may decide to stay home next time they play there and in turn the visiting football team may not have the best atmosphere. If it was up to me I'd knock down the visitor bleachers we have now and put up some rickety wooden ones about half the size as the current ones.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I like our stadium the way it is. I played with a lot of guys on that field that aren't here anymore so unless they're willing to dig up the entire stadium about 30 feet into the ground and move it I'm not going for it. What I'm about to say is rude and I'm ok with being the bad guy. I don't want the visitors comfortable. I want their visit to Ram Stadium to be as absolutely miserable as it can possibly be. I want them having to deal with hearing the traffic behind them I want them cramped. Why? Because if they hate the stadium they may decide to stay home next time they play there and in turn the visiting football team may not have the best atmosphere. If it was up to me I'd knock down the visitor bleachers we have now and put up some rickety wooden ones about half the size as the current ones.

That’s the way it should be. IMO

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

I didn’t have any problems with the visitors bleachers. I sat on the home side.👍

9 minutes ago, welluknow said:

you are right a kid from Sa swung at a SVILLE coach

I'm gonna be honest. I like most people from Shelbyville but I have a feeling you're one of the "We Will Win" disciples so in my head you're already a waste so there's no reason for me to even talk with you.

3 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I'm gonna be honest. I like most people from Shelbyville but I have a feeling you're one of the "We Will Win" disciples so in my head you're already a waste so there's no reason for me to even talk with you.

Way older than those guys