Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I guess I'm actually the only one who enjoys the mosh pit style atmosphere there?👀. The ambiance is that of a back room prize fight where thay sell liquor during the prohibition days of the 20's..I've always said if the fan's can't catch a mouthpiece or a cleete every once in awhile,they are too far from the game 👈

I hear that, but the stands being that close to the field can definitely cause injuries to people not just players.

I still say if a concussion isn't an option for front row fans,well...you might as well just go to the opera instead..some of these new fangle stadiums a person needs binoculars to read the numbers on jersey anymore..but each to his own I guess....I was at one hear awhile back and they was so far away,I had to watch them replay on the jumbotron to see who did what 👀

12 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I still say if a concussion isn't an option for front row fans,well...you might as well just go to the opera instead..some of these new fangle stadiums a person needs binoculars to read the numbers on jersey anymore..but each to his own I guess....I was at one hear awhile back and they was so far away,I had to watch them replay on the jumbotron to see who did what 👀

I am definitely not advocating for the field to be 25 yards from the front row of the stands, but just give a little space for activities. 

#StepBrothers

55 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This is coming from an outsider, but whose attended enough Ram games to fully understand the physical constraints of the current football stadium and lack of amenities it offers.

Having been to MANY very fine football venues over 20+ years, it’s easy to see what needs fixing and you can’t fix it at the current location.

Have you ever been to Tennyhaw? ... 😂

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear that, but the stands being that close to the field can definitely cause injuries to people not just players.

Everything, including the parking being that close to the main traffic throughfare is the biggest safety issue ... I don't know if anyone has ever been run over or if there have ever been any wrecks during football games, but the potential is certainly there .... it's a nice field and home side stadium, but if they were going to spend that kind of money renovating it they probably should have moved it somewhere farther off the highway for safety reasons ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Everything, including the parking being that close to the main traffic throughfare is the biggest safety issue ... I don't know if anyone has ever been run over or if there have ever been any wrecks during football games, but the potential is certainly there .... it's a nice field and home side stadium, but if they were going to spend that kind of money renovating it they probably should have moved it somewhere farther off the highway for safety reasons ....

They will break ground on a new concession stand and stadium entrance building shortly. That was supposed to happen this past offseason but supply chain issues set the project back to the point that it couldn’t be guaranteed to be complete before the season started. There is also discussion about paving part of the old practice field to expand parking, which will alleviate some of the traffic concerns. In addition, we’ve made a deal with the owner of the quick lube/ car wash across highway 84. In exchange for season tickets and two gallons of Doomer’s finest, he will allow us to move the visitors bleachers to his property, which will expand the sideline area greatly. Hopefully this will satisfy the Bulldog fans who are complaining. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

They will break ground on a new concession stand and stadium entrance building shortly. That was supposed to happen this past offseason but supply chain issues set the project back to the point that it couldn’t be guaranteed to be complete before the season started. There is also discussion about paving part of the old practice field to expand parking, which will alleviate some of the traffic concerns. In addition, we’ve made a deal with the owner of the quick lube/ car wash across highway 84. In exchange for season tickets and two gallons of Doomer’s finest, he will allow us to move the visitors bleachers to his property, which will expand the sideline area greatly. Hopefully this will satisfy the Bulldog fans who are complaining. 

Them water haulers gonna be pizzed when they have to wait for the cheerleaders to finish they routine for the fans and get out the street before they can go on down 84 🤷‍♂️..js 

• LOL! 1

32 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was just saying the space is there to be utilized at the ballpark.

Not complaining, and I like the current stadium just wish y’all could/would build out there, it’s just logical. 

Not trying to be a punk. 

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If the highway department ever decides to put in a median or turning lane the visitors will be sitting with the Joaquin fans.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I say don’t waste the money doing that, and move everything to highway 7 where you’ll have room for everything

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I was just saying the space is there to be utilized at the ballpark.

Not complaining, and I like the current stadium just wish y’all could/would build out there, it’s just logical. 

Not trying to be a punk. 

It might be logical but it’s not financially feasible. The funds are not there. The funds are there to do what is being done. I’ve been to basically every AA stadium in East Texas over the past 15 years. The top 3, currently, in no particular order, are Timpson, Joaquin and Beckville. Sidelines at Timpson are about 6 wider and their visitors stands are much bigger. Beckville visitors stands are slightly bigger. Parking is as big an issue at both of them. No AA stadium has adequate parking for a top 10 matchup because no one builds parking for football games. It’s built for Monday-Friday school. I haven’t been to a Carthage- Henderson or Carthage- Gilmer game, but I bet there is a shortage of parking spaces for those games as well, regardless of where they are played. But I would bet my paycheck that Scott Surratt would love to have a home crowd at Bulldog Stadium sitting 12 feet from the field and getting as loud and rowdy as the RAMNATION was Friday night. It had a significant impact on the game. That atmosphere was awesome. The last two Joaquin head coaches have been adamant that Ram Stadium provides a home field advantage that they aren’t willing to give up. And I can promise you that not a single one of the people there give a rat’s rear end what someone from Carthage, Garrison or Timpson or anywhere else thinks about it. We’ve been playing football at that same location since 1923, when some guy donated his cornfield for the school to play football on. No one has ever gotten run over on the highway and no one has ever been injured from running into the bleachers. It is what it is. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

No they won’t. Doomer and I have a plan for that. 

Yep.yep.yep. If they wanted to enforce something like that the  County/State  Roadcrew night might be searching for a new beverage vendor eh? Or some materials might get reallocated to McFadden boat ramp.

Edited by Doomer

Just now, yourteamstinks said:

I don’t think Joaquin would meet Centerville, unless they beat Timpson .   & Joaquin has to win a lot of games between now and then . One game at a time 

Joaquin would face the 2nd seed from district 12 in round 3..  either CC or centerville  ,  but Joaquin would play beckcville again Before that ,  the winner from 12 will most likely meet up with timpson in the 3rd ..  that is if everyone wins and makes it to that point

1 minute ago, yourteamstinks said:

I don’t think Joaquin would meet Centerville, unless they beat Timpson .   & Joaquin has to win a lot of games between now and then . One game at a time 

That would really depend on who wins out of Centerville and Corrigan-Camden for the district 12 title in week 11. The district 12 winner goes to the bottom of the bracket and if they win rounds 1 and 2, will get the district 11 winner (Timpson) in round 3. The district 12 runner-up goes to the top of the bracket with us and will need to win rounds 1 and 2 as well to meet us (provided we win rounds 1 and 2) in round 3. For any of this to matter, we need to take care of business down in the big thicket Friday night. We will not discuss the accommodations at Ram Stadium in this thread anymore. The Timpson game is over as well. Focus needs to be on our next opponent. Anyone wishing to express opinion or give advice concerning any facilities at JISD needs to show up and speak at the next meeting of the Board of Trustees. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Joaquin would face the 2nd seed from district 12 in round 3..  either CC or centerville  ,  but Joaquin would play beckcville again Before that ,  the winner from 12 will most likely meet up with timpson in the 3rd ..  that is if everyone wins and makes it to that point

It's gonna be a heck of a ride this year. Tru-up