Liger01

Leopards vs Hawks  

43 members have voted

1. 1. LE vs PG

• LE
    • PG

This poll is closed to new votes

47 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Larry is good.  Has a lot of experience and it shows.  But they need to recruit a younger person with better vision to spot for them.  The numbers keep getting smaller and smaller.  LOL!  My pick on best announcers are the guys from Winnsboro.  David, Darren & Duncan are excellent.

Larry definitely needs a spotter.  He is struggling these days to see the numbers, especially as stadiums get bigger and the press box is further away.  But the dude does the play by play and keeps his own stat book.  He is great and a wonderfully nice guy.  Mark's a pretty good guy too!  Larry does baseball games for Carthage too.  Keeps his own stats there too!  Including a pitch count!

I think this will be one of the best games in East Texas this week.  I feel like LE has a good chance, but I can't bet against PG.

8 hours ago, SportsFan1984 said:

Not as hard to listen to then Gilmer's announcers for their live streams I bet. All you hear is how fast Will Henderson is and the other usual 3 to 4 players LOL

Two things:

1. If I can’t make it to the game, I’ll watch the live stream, just with no sound! I can’t listen to them talk the whole game.

2. Will Henderson IS fast

10 hours ago, SportsFan1984 said:

Not as hard to listen to then Gilmer's announcers for their live streams I bet. All you hear is how fast Will Henderson is and the other usual 3 to 4 players LOL

I agree with that. But I was referring to the public address announcer giving the play by play over the speakers lol

19 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Two things:

1. If I can’t make it to the game, I’ll watch the live stream, just with no sound! I can’t listen to them talk the whole game.

2. Will Henderson IS fast

Oh definitely Will Henderson is fast, Rohan has some of the best hands and is hard to tackle, Cadon is better then his brother was at this age and Ashton is a beast running the ball. I may have to try the no sound LOL

5 hours ago, SportsFan1984 said:

Oh definitely Will Henderson is fast, Rohan has some of the best hands and is hard to tackle, Cadon is better then his brother was at this age and Ashton is a beast running the ball. I may have to try the no sound LOL

dont forget that have to say the College they are going to after ever play...

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Name the 5 

Just curious, where did 0 play last year? I don’t care but don’t act like every kid is home grown K-12. Parents move kids in to winning programs. As long as the rules are followed, I see no problem.

1 hour ago, swaha said:

Just curious, where did 0 play last year? I don’t care but don’t act like every kid is home grown K-12. Parents move kids in to winning programs. As long as the rules are followed, I see no problem.

I never said they was but u said 5 and 0’played at harmony last yr. Name me 1 team in texas that all their players has been there from K-12 

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I never said they was but u said 5 and 0’played at harmony last yr. Name me 1 team in texas that all their players has been there from K-12 

Four or five years ago, Harmony's two best players on offense allegedly lived in the Gilmer ISD. I'm pretty sure they were there the year Gilmer suffered its only losing season of the new millennium. Still went three rounds deep, but finished 6-7.

This trend reversed once the great Coach Metzel took over.

5 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Most teams do not have players that have been together K-12. 0 had to be approved by the district committee this year. People like to take shots at PG because they have some kids that don’t live in district; however, the rules have been followed. 

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

I pay money every year for my son to go to gilmer.  He's went there since kindergarten but our home isn't in gilmer school district.   Will he be a gilmer home grown?

Nobody cares…. Especially PG or LE fans which this topic is supposed to be about. That’s why Texarkana folks don’t get on here. Certain fan bases are almost comical. 

45 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Nobody cares…. Especially PG or LE fans which this topic is supposed to be about. That’s why Texarkana folks don’t get on here. Certain fan bases are almost comical. 

You may be right,  but I was thinking nobody was on here from pg anymore because yall haven't been making any runs at state.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by StangtilDeath
  • LOL! 2

3 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I think they aren't on here much anymore because they see the pendulum swinging into the L section like the old days.

PG is far from the old days. They will continue to win and make the play-offs. As far as why PG posters are not on here as much, I think it has to do with a lot of the hardcore Dads no longer have kids in the system. These Dads were older and a different generation. They also coached their kids through the PGYA system. Also, my original comment was in reference to a poster stating that all Gilmer kids are homegrown, which is not true. I don't care where kids go to school as long as the rules are being followed. If needed, the district committee will determine if transfers are approved.

44 minutes ago, swaha said:

PG is far from the old days. They will continue to win and make the play-offs. As far as why PG posters are not on here as much, I think it has to do with a lot of the hardcore Dads no longer have kids in the system. These Dads were older and a different generation. They also coached their kids through the PGYA system. Also, my original comment was in reference to a poster stating that all Gilmer kids are homegrown, which is not true. I don't care where kids go to school as long as the rules are being followed. If needed, the district committee will determine if transfers are approved.

😂You caught it before I changed it