Honey Grove (6-1, 3,0) @ Cooper (7-0,3-0)

supermaroon

Honey Grove @ Cooper  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Honey Grove travels to Cooper this Friday to try and dethrone the Bulldogs. The district championship will be decided in this game. I am super excited that this rivalry means something once again. For the longest time HG was our biggest rival then once they were no longer in our district it just stopped. Now since becoming district mates again Cooper has owned the warriors. Fletcher is hoping to bring some magic and defeat the bulldogs. Cooper holds the all time series lead 49-39-5

My prediction is Cooper 42 Honey Grove 21.

Honey Grove WHO?

• Like 2

Agree on the renewed rivalry, and excited about this matchup and over the next few years.  Cooper was always our biggest rivalry across all sports. 
Bulldogs looking sharp this year, but not going to be the blowout expected early on in the season. Hope both teams stay and remain healthy.  Hoping these two teams can do some damage post season.  

HG 28 Cooper 35 

Hoping for the upset though! 

2 hours ago, HGWarriorFan said:

Agree on the renewed rivalry, and excited about this matchup and over the next few years.  Cooper was always our biggest rivalry across all sports. 
Bulldogs looking sharp this year, but not going to be the blowout expected early on in the season. Hope both teams stay and remain healthy.  Hoping these two teams can do some damage post season.  

HG 28 Cooper 35 

It really was the biggest rival for us as well so many battles in all sports. Think it will be good early but bulldogs pull away late but should be good hopefully for years to come.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I don't know...it's no disrespect to either,just don't know what hg brings to the table,the unknown and unforeseen can be tricky..wish both luck,fair winds and following seas...GATA ✌️

I understand it's a great rivalry for years honestly the best one at its time in North East Texas. We hate each other not a friendly rivalry. Cooper is pretty dang athletic look forward to seeing how good we really are in the playoffs matching up with beast Texas region.

2 hours ago, supermaroon said:

It really was the biggest rival for us as well so many battles in all sports. Think it will be good early but bulldogs pull away late but should be good hopefully for years to come.

Hard to believe that this rivalry is approaching the century mark, I think it’s the 94th meeting between the two this year.  I haven’t seen many that come close to that over the years in NE TX other than Sherman/Denison.  

Looking forward to the matchup on Friday! 

18 hours ago, HGWarriorFan said:

HG 28 Cooper 35 

I agree that this will be a better game than maybe originally expected earlier in the season. Fletch has really come in & got the offense opened up over at hg. Not a big fan of the guy but he’s a pretty good coach. Cooper has really struggled with PAT’s this year. It hasn't cost the Dawgs yet this year, but definitely something that could if this is a tight game late in the 4th qtr & once they get into the playoffs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VerumDixit said:

I don't know much about these teams.

Does Honey Grove really have a shot in this?

I don't think so but maybe. HG is really good at running the ball and stopping the run. They haven't really been tested since the first game of the season. Only game within two scores was AG. HG is somewhere from the best to the 4th best team on Copper's regular season schedule. I would say as good as or better than Collinsville, but not Grand Saline and Hooks. Their Freshman athlete is pretty good.

2 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Gosh this thread is dead lol. There must be not any hg fans on smoaky? I thought there use to be a few on here. Figured some of the hg fans that have been saying hg was gonna beat Cooper on the dctf app would be over here not since they took the chats down lol.

Come on over to the CC and west Hardin thread and talk some football with us… lol 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WarriorRanger said:

Cooper is the same team from last year. HG kept it pretty close last year. Yes it was by 2 scores. But awfully close for a 2-8 team. Now HG is way better this year. Y’all might hold on to your seat because it’s about to get rowdy

If im correct this is more than likely gonna be for the district title right?

• Like 1