Chapel Hill (5-2)(3-0) vs Henderson (1-6)(1-2)

Chill5000

Chapel Hill @ Henderson   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

For some reason, Henderson more times than not. Always finds a way to beat Chapel Hill even when Chapel Hill is definitely the better team. I'm picking Chapel Hill but wouldn't be surprised if Henderson finds a way to win.

Edited by VonG

Henderson looks great coming off the bus, but what a mess watching them play. It seems like at any time everything will click for them. They still have a shot at the last playoff spot and upsetting CH would build their confidence. I just don't see it happening.

Henderson has the size, speed and talent. I don't understand why they can't put it together. I always look forward to this game because these two schools rep well under the lights. The Hill will put this on away early just as they did against Lindale. 

Chapel Hill by 4 TD's 

Edited by TopDog96

Interesting choice for a Homecoming game.  Henderson should have the horses to make it a game, but they continually seem to be their own worst enemy.  Can't see them winning this game.  Chapel Hill is gonna score their points.

Chapel Hill by two TD's.

Edited by JBizzle
I'm an idiot.

I think Henderson will pull out all the stops for this game. They really have nothing to lose at this point. If CH looks past Hendo they could certainly be beat on Friday. I'm hoping that's not the case. I think the game will be closer than expected with CH getting the win.

Henderson has some dudes. Say what you will about their QB, but he's pretty good. They have good receivers, a good RB.... #44 on the DL I thought was very good. Talent-wise, they should be fighting for a #2 or #3 seed in this district. In reality, they're probably looking 5th or 6th in this district.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CHDog77 said:

I think Henderson will pull out all the stops for this game. They really have nothing to lose at this point. If CH looks past Hendo they could certainly be beat on Friday. I'm hoping that's not the case. I think the game will be closer than expected with CH getting the win.

After having seen both now, have to disagree. The only thing that keeps CHill from winning is injuries to 5 or 6 starters on offense. Unless Hendo has turned it around 180 degrees, they are a team train wreck. Yelling at each other. Mad at each other. So many dumb penalties. They will have to play a perfect game and Chill have an absolute melt down and lose Brisbon, Stewart, mcgregor and berry to lose. It’s not happening.  But I agree with you in the talent. It’s there. It’s almost frustrating to watch. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 4:38 PM, Mojo1000 said:

Throwing a bone for Henderson and get an upset on homecoming ( Why when you had Athens). However, I ain’t betting on it. Chapel Hill on paper is the better team. 

Betting coach would rather deal with homecoming on a week you probably are already going to lose instead of a game in Athens that you absolutely have to win to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Betting coach would rather deal with homecoming on a week you probably are already going to lose instead of a game in Athens that you absolutely have to win to make the playoffs.

Never thought of it that way. Makes sense.

I see the Hill scoring often and the defense stopping Henderson when it counts the most. If the Hill put a little more emphasis on the defense, it could be light out for Henderson on Homecoming. This is a young defense overall, just need more experience and much more aggressiveness from the returning players, 14,52,12,0 .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheChill said:

I see the Hill scoring often and the defense stopping Henderson when it counts the most. If the Hill put a little more emphasis on the defense, it could be light out for Henderson on Homecoming. This is a young defense overall, just need more experience and much more aggressiveness from the returning players, 14,52,12,0 .

12- brooks played in freshman team last season. He is an absolute tackling machine! He has gotten better and better each game. Dude will be one of the best in Texas the next Few years as a sophomore he is 2nd on the team with With tackles and hardly played the first game. Super proud of him! He’s a great kid with an even better attitude.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

12- brooks played in freshman team last season. He is an absolute tackling machine! He has gotten better and better each game. Dude will be one of the best in Texas the next Few years as a sophomore he is 2nd on the team with With tackles and hardly played the first game. Super proud of him! He’s a great kid with an even better attitude.

That kid makes at least 1 "wow" play every week. Great instincts and so explosive. The sophomore SS #24 is super impressive as well. Bright future for the Dogs. 

3 hours ago, TheChill said:

Is #52 Huddleston? 

1 minute ago, Aggie98 said:

In the two games against us and the one I watched online vs LBJ.... that guy is a really, really good football player... on both sides of the ball. 

Very athletic for a lineman with a big wing span. Plays basketball too. I'm convinced he's a big reason we were able to come back against you guys last year in the playoffs. He had a couple big sacks and caused a fumble if I remember correctly. What a game....looking forward to this year as well. 

• Like 1

Hopefully CH stays focused this week, comes into this game ready to play, and earns the win this week.   No time to coast now.  Better be ready for Henderson, because no matter their record, they always play CH tough.  

#wefasttoo

Edited by Stankylegg
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Hopefully CH stays focused this week, comes into this game ready to play, and earns the win this week.   It time to coast now.  Better be ready for Henderson, because no matter their record, they always play CH tough.  

#wefasttoo

Is that a saying for the team, or your saying? I never saw it at the game Anywhere.