Lone Oak

giant

Lone Oak was solid for a few years.  This happens in places that aren't used to success.  As soon as they start to decline athletically it's automatically the coaching staff's fault and nothing to do with the gene pool.

Can scheme play something into it?  Yeah.  Can a lack of leadership play something into it?  Definitely.  But when word's out that the SB has a few rogues involved it can make finding someone with the correct scheme and leadership for that place.

• Thanks 1

Lo ain't bad,they just aren't good..they got a few athletes and can move the ball but make tons of mental errors..they could be better but gonna take a lot of work to bring them around...I would hire a young coach that has something to prove and let him spend a couple years building a program 🤷‍♂️..

• Like 2

Just now, upullinmychain said:

Lo ain't bad,they just aren't good..they got a few athletes and can move the ball but make tons of mental errors..they could be better but gonna take a lot of work to bring them around...I would hire a young coach that has something to prove and let him spend a couple years building a program 🤷‍♂️..

you get lone oak to win a few games and make the playoffs...you could name your job. Including Bama and the Cowboys..lol

• LOL! 1

Just now, Slickarick said:

you get lone oak to win a few games and make the playoffs...you could name your job. Including Bama and the Cowboys..lol

No sir,I've seen it play out a few time thru the years,young coach that's enthusiastic and full of energy can get kids to buy in and put out the effort.,start working with 7th grade hard and teach them your system,then work them harder in 8th grade,he'll have to work the old regime thru till his boys get old enough and big enough to play varsity..watched Rocky baker and crew do that exact thing because my oldest boy was in 7th when truely started his program....it works but school has to let him have time to work....about 4 years or so to prove it.✌️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

No sir,I've seen it play out a few time thru the years,young coach that's enthusiastic and full of energy can get kids to buy in and put out the effort.,start working with 7th grade hard and teach them your system,then work them harder in 8th grade,he'll have to work the old regime thru till his boys get old enough and big enough to play varsity..watched Rocky baker and crew do that exact thing because my oldest boy was in 7th when truely started his program....it works but school has to let him have time to work....about 4 years or so to prove it.✌️

Absolutely correct...I also have seen it and had a son involved with the process but the last sentence is the most important part of the process...