#1 Franklin 7-0(3-0) @ #10 Lorena 6-2(3-1) 3ad1 district 11

lionpride08

Franklin @ Lorena  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

lionpride08 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

Franklin will travel to Lorena in a battle of Defending state champions and standings in district. Franklin is coming off a 49-14 win over Troy at home. Lorena is coming off a 63-20 win over Rockdale. This will be the 7th straight meeting between the two schools. First time as district rivals. Both have won 3 each Franklin in 16' 17' and 21' Lorena in 18' 19' 20'. 3 times the game has been decided by a td or less twice by 1 point.

Edited by lionpride08

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

If Lorena doesn't hurt themselves on turnovers, I think they can win this game.

Lorena by 4

Tiger, I thinking the same thing.Coach Biles knows their offense inside and out but can his D stop or slow them down ? I think so but could be wrong. 

Edited by player73

Guest Tiger03lb
56 minutes ago, player73 said:

Tiger, I thinking the same thing.Coach Biles knows their offense inside and out but can his D stop or slow them down ? I think so but could be wrong. 

I think they can get enough stops to put them ahead of Franklin. 

Turnsovers killed Lorena in the first half and a costly offsides penalty hurt when they had a pick 6 late in the game which would've gave them the lead. 

• lionpride08 changed the title to #1 Franklin 7-0(3-0) @ #10 Lorena 6-2(3-1) 3ad1 district 11
Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

big big game

I am going with Franklin just because I want to see them vs cameron for the district title

I could honestly see Franklin getting beat by both Lorena and Yoe. 

Guest Tiger03lb
23 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yes sir,but they are just good enough with timely breaks to be in Jerry's house this year too..js.

Never said they wouldn't get there. They may very well get to Jerry's world. Long hard road ahead of them. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Oh 100% agree they can lose both and lose both big 

I just want to see the DC title game next week lol

Could end up in a 3 way tie. Lol

10 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

This game is more telling to me then Yoe next week. #1 team but still the underdog the next two weeks. I think we are about to open some eyes all over again.

Franklin Lions are #1 in 3A D1 for a reason.  I don't know who told you that Lions are UNDERDOGS for both weeks (YOE & Lorena), but I may ask for a refund for that information. I know Franklin has multiple injuries, but I don't want that to be an excuse. Franklin can put the hurt on people by draining that clock and not allowing the opposing O to get on the field. I just hope Lorena clock runners don't "screw" you over like they tried with YOE.  

I hate that I won't be able to go to the game, but you can bet that I will be watching online.  No predictions at this point, just excited for Friday! 

16 hours ago, Dotot said:

Franklin Lions are #1 in 3A D1 for a reason.  I don't know who told you that Lions are UNDERDOGS for both weeks (YOE & Lorena), but I may ask for a refund for that information. I know Franklin has multiple injuries, but I don't want that to be an excuse. Franklin can put the hurt on people by draining that clock and not allowing the opposing O to get on the field. I just hope Lorena clock runners don't "screw" you over like they tried with YOE.  

I hate that I won't be able to go to the game, but you can bet that I will be watching online.  No predictions at this point, just excited for Friday! 

I'm pulling for Franklin but I heard that one of the Yoe coaches said that no one wants to play Lorena these days. 

Franklin fans,  keep a close eye on the clock! It does funny things there in McLennan County.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:02 PM, Tiger03lb said:

I could honestly see Franklin getting beat by both Lorena and Yoe. 

I wouldn’t be surprised by that at all. I think Lorena has a better defense than Yoe right now so I could see Lorena slowing Franklin down enough to get the win. Of course Porter will have to have a big game to get it done. I see Franklin and Yoe being a high scoring pickem shootout. 

Guest Tiger03lb
28 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

I wouldn’t be surprised by that at all. I think Lorena has a better defense than Yoe right now so I could see Lorena slowing Franklin down enough to get the win. Of course Porter will have to have a big game to get it done. I see Franklin and Yoe being a high scoring pickem shootout. 

I see any good team against Yoe being a high scoring game 

On 10/19/2022 at 9:58 PM, Dotot said:

Dave Campbell has Lorena by 3... one poll has Franklin #10 and Lorena #8