Tenaha 3-4(1-1) @ Cushing 5-2(1-1)

Kat77

Tenaha @ Cushing   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

If Mt's lead RB is out this game is probably over quick,if he's healthy, it's gonna go to the final round 👀

If I’m right ME wins out and tenaha loses out. Tenaha would miss the playoffs. I bet that’s been forever since that was even a possibility 

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

If Mt's lead RB is out this game is probably over quick,if he's healthy, it's gonna go to the final round 👀

He injured his shoulder according to his moms post on smoaky last night. But #11 is a hard runner too. Not as good as Ash but he still got some good yards last night against us. 

Pass success does not dictate present day success.Ward is a great guy. Are the kids learning their 3 rd new system in 4 years. Don’t know how long the previous coach was there nor what his system was. Many factors involved. May be a totally different team next year in Ward’ s second year or does the system fit the player’s abilities?

5 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

If I’m right ME wins out and tenaha loses out. Tenaha would miss the playoffs. I bet that’s been forever since that was even a possibility 

2019. Of course they were in Division 1 that year in a brutal district. The year before, they finished third in the same district and advanced to regional finals. 

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Pass success does not dictate present day success.Ward is a great guy. Are the kids learning their 3 rd new system in 4 years. Don’t know how long the previous coach was there nor what his system was. Many factors involved. May be a totally different team next year in Ward’ s second year or does the system fit the player’s abilities?

Jeremy Jenkins was there for two years and left to go to Harmony. Prior to that, Derek Tamplin was HC for 2019 and is still on staff. Greg Jenkins was HC for 2018 after taking over when Craig Horn left. Horn was there from 2015-17. Went to state finals in 2017. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Jeremy Jenkins was there for two years and left to go to Harmony. Prior to that, Derek Tamplin was HC for 2019 and is still on staff. Greg Jenkins was HC for 2018 after taking over when Craig Horn left. Horn was there from 2015-17. Went to state finals in 2017. 

Robert not Derek

17 hours ago, ClydesBoys96 said:

Just what has happened to Tenaha?  Nothing against Cushing but I was listening to the second half of this game and Cushing was having their way.  I mean even the Tenaha announcers were saying Tenaha was getting gashed 6 yards a pop and controlling the los.   

Is ward really the answer they were looking for?

People keep saying Tenaha is young but that roster is mostly juniors.  And they've been starting for a while.   3 senior lineman that have multiple years experience and a junior lineman with multiple years experience.   Just, what's happened?  

I don't know this to be a 100% fact but from my understanding there was a lot of political hullabaloo involving superintendent changes and a few coaches not getting renewed and it caused alot of kids to either move out to Center or Timpson while others stayed and chose not to participate in sports. Once again I don't know this to be a fact. I will say I was told this by an ex Tenaha player who is pretty involved with most of the kids.

3 hours ago, Lambo said:

I don't know this to be a 100% fact but from my understanding there was a lot of political hullabaloo involving superintendent changes and a few coaches not getting renewed and it caused alot of kids to either move out to Center or Timpson while others stayed and chose not to participate in sports. Once again I don't know this to be a fact. I will say I was told this by an ex Tenaha player who is pretty involved with most of the kids.

Was told same,but not being from the area,I had no basis to make an informed decision as for facts..But I would bet they are better next year and will probably be a handful 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I figure that's a good theory cause Tenaha is loaded with athletes. Wouldn't surprise me if Lambos post is correct. They are either walking the halls or moved on. Chain, you're right. If they get the participation they will be a handful.

Yep,just take a while to get the kids to buy in and then it's on like donkey Kong again down there...nothing ever chanhes permanent over there.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:12 AM, Lion1996 said:

What is the playoff scenario looking like?  I know you have to take out the matchups with Alto.  Carlisle will be #1.  Cushing has already beaten Overton and Tenaha and still have Mt.  Im guessing they've already clenched, unless we get some wild chaos scenario?? What are the other matchups left?  Believe Overton has already beaten Mt.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

What is the playoff scenario looking like?  I know you have to take out the matchups with Alto.  Carlisle will be #1.  Cushing has already beaten Overton and Tenaha and still have Mt.  Im guessing they've already clenched, unless we get some wild chaos scenario?? What are the other matchups left?  Believe Overton has already beaten Mt.

If Overton beats tenaha....jeez what a goat rope this dist will be