Game of the Week: Stephenville @ China Spring

geauxags

Battle of 2021 4A State Champs. Who ya got?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of 2021 4A State Champs. Who ya got?

• China Spring
    • Stephenville

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

CS had the best man-to-man CB that I have seen in awhile last year, and he was a junior

I will take CS by about 14 points........let's say 49 - 35

He look good against the Dawgs last year but the Dawgs are 10 times better this year. Not sure he would have that kind of success this year. 
Cuff made terrible throws in that game in double coverage. 

28 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

He look good against the Dawgs last year but the Dawgs are 10 times better this year. Not sure he would have that kind of success this year. 

I agree .  I honestly believe Carthage is closest team we will see since 83 Tigers. We are witnessing  History in the making. Surratt and Preston are the best duo in high school football.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

10 times better?  They don't have to be 10 times better.  Dawgs are always getting lucky with these teams that beat them (China Spring; Liberty Hill; La Vega; El Campo; Argyle) being in growing communities and having to move up to another classification.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

10 times better?  They don't have to be 10 times better.  Dawgs are always getting lucky with these teams that beat them (China Spring; Liberty Hill; La Vega; El Campo; Argyle) being in growing communities and having to move up to another classification.  

You seem like a really good historian…..of Carthage’s 8 titles, how many times was China Spring in the same division?……Liberty Hill ? ……etc ?

3 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Pure luck. We ain’t no good, just lucky. What about all the other 4A teams that didn’t move up? They just unlucky?

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

You seem like a really good historian…..of Carthage’s 8 titles, how many times was China Spring in the same division?……Liberty Hill ? ……etc ?

Doesn’t matter. They didn’t beat them head to head. If they had played them in those season they would have lost!!! 8 time lucky champions!!!

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I will go back and look. 
China Spring 4 of them for sure including last year.  LH of of them going back to 2007. But I will go back and look to be sure. 

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I will go back and look. 
China Spring 4 of them for sure including last year.  LH of of them going back to 2007. But I will go back and look to be sure. 

LH moved up to 5A DII in 2019 or 2020 I believe. 
Both of their titles came in 3A in 07 and 08, lost 4A DI title in 18 to LaVega and lost in the 5A DII title in 2020. 
Dawgs win back to back titles in 2019 and 2020. If I have figured it right that would be one year LH did not compete in the same division with Carthage since Surratt arrived in 2007. Bottom line my Dawgs are 0 for 2 against LH BUT LH had 7 more opportunity’s to play the Dawgs but did not make far enough.