Game of the Week: Stephenville @ China Spring

geauxags

Battle of 2021 4A State Champs. Who ya got?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of 2021 4A State Champs. Who ya got?

• China Spring
    • Stephenville

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, jacketswarm said:

uh yea bud. but a different story was painted before that game. carthage was goin to blow through campo and beat the brakes off Stephenville. somethin about beast Texas football the Ville can’t hang. not

FIRE AWAY

We will never find the answer but I highly doubt Ville would have put up 70 on Suratt.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jacketswarm said:

cowboy what makes you think that ? seen the schedule ? seen the games ? bet not

Jackets have more weapons on offense than last year. defense had to replace 5 starters includin the top LB in 4A and the other LB who was better than most and a corner back who is at TCU track. they got the D rollin now. china springs is good but not top 5A good. VILLE will roll 

FIRE AWAY 

Look how many points the Ville has given up per game. I have seen the Ville schedule, heck your defense gave more points thank any team in 4A DI top ten. 
All CH has to do is make two stops and game over. 

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, jacketswarm said:

name one 4a team that has had a tuffer  schedule than the Jackets this year and still undefeated. that’s big school and small school to. go ahead ol son I’ll wait 

FIRE AWAY 

Ville wouldnt have beaten Parrish Episcopal or Melissa. Their Def wouldve given up 130 points against those two teams combined. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jacketswarm said:

name one 4a team that has had a tuffer  schedule than the Jackets this year and still undefeated. that’s big school and small school to. go ahead ol son I’ll wait 

FIRE AWAY 

I'm betting your English teacher had a "tuffer" schedule...

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

ha go see the 5A’s Ville has beat. Top 10 midlo heritage only loss, Jackets. everman only loss, Jackets.
wf rider was top 10, Jackets beat em. abileen wylie could beat any 4a team in east texas. who beat em, Jackets.
lissa not even in top 10 in 5a. who ever said Ville couldn’t beat lissa smokin somethin. yall don’t won’t none promise ya that ol son  

what you boys smokin over there fermented pine cones ? lol 

FIRE AWAY 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Look how many points the Ville has given up per game. I have seen the Ville schedule, heck your defense gave more points thank any team in 4A DI top ten. 
All CH has to do is make two stops and game over. 

c hill undefeated ? nope and they been playin cup cakes since gilmer 

FIRE AWAY 

1 minute ago, jacketswarm said:

c hill undefeated ? nope and they been playin cup cakes since gilmer 

FIRE AWAY 

My bad I meant CS not CH. 

China Spring makes two stops and game over. Simple reasoning. The Ville defense is like a screen door trying to hold back water. There was another team back in 2010 rank number one in pre season, scoring 60 or better points against higher classification schools and steam rolling everyone else until they ran into a defense. Browns(Ville) and guess what, two stops on defense and they loose. No need to tell you the name of that defense, you prolly guessed it. 
State championships are won with defense. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jacketswarm said:

ha go see the 5A’s Ville has beat. Top 10 midlo heritage only loss, Jackets. everman only loss, Jackets.
wf rider was top 10, Jackets beat em. abileen wylie could beat any 4a team in east texas. who beat em, Jackets.
lissa not even in top 10 in 5a. who ever said Ville couldn’t beat lissa smokin somethin. yall don’t won’t none promise ya that ol son  

what you boys smokin over there fermented pine cones ? lol 

FIRE AWAY 

What? 

20 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

2015 was the beat down. 2016 was the year of the cardiac Dawgs that won every game in the playoffs by coming from behind. I will never forget that group of Dawgs. 

You are correct.  The ol memory is fading!

Funny that a thread about CS / The Ville gets side tracked about Carthage and other schools. Think a lot of this smack was let last year before CS/ Carthage. We know how that went. Won't get to know if any of the schools mentioned could beat either of them, because they are D1. I just know that it's going to be a good game, and I plan to be there. Last Friday night, I had play by play going of the ville and was streaming CS live. Followed both since the 90's. This should be fun.

48 minutes ago, jacketswarm said:

them east Texas folks tryin to steel the show AS USUAL specially when the VILLE shows up. jelly I guess VILLE rolls

FIRE AWAY

You do realize this is a mostly East Texas sport site right? I just wish we could comprehend your vast grammar. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

You do realize this is a mostly East Texas sport site right? I just wish we could comprehend your vast grammar. 

Idn’t this a hs football site ? no matter west tx, n tx, s tx or e tx.. it’s the best kinda football. Texas High Football! Specially since the Jackets are #1. Com’on

FIRE AWAY

On 10/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, jacketswarm said:

yea right carthridge aint 10 times better. had thier chanse in 2012 to face the Jackets but got man handled by el campo the week before bud. lol Jackets beat down el campo 70-35. dawgs dont wont none ol son. 

FIRE AWAY

First off, this Bulldog fan is pulling for Stephenville tonight, and I hope y’all win state this year.

I have always had an admiration for Stephenville, think y’all are cool team and great program.

I’d like to kindly remind you Carthage had four turnovers in that 2012 El Campo game, including the final fumble as Carthage began driving at the end of the game.  Could’ve turned out differently, but we didn’t take care of the ball and lost.

I believe you know it’s quite silly for anyone to claim Carthage don’t want none then or now.

Talking about last year’s loss to China Spring, they hit us at exactly the right time.  They’d been building to that moment and season for years, and we were starting a new QB who’d not grasped the offense or even his mechanics as a QB yet, and our OL was brand new.

CS played well and won the game.

Good luck to you and your Yellowjackets tonight against China Spring, I hope y’all win by 21!

On 10/18/2022 at 3:14 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

LH moved up to 5A DII in 2019 or 2020 I believe. 
Both of their titles came in 3A in 07 and 08, lost 4A DI title in 18 to LaVega and lost in the 5A DII title in 2020. 
Dawgs win back to back titles in 2019 and 2020. If I have figured it right that would be one year LH did not compete in the same division with Carthage since Surratt arrived in 2007. Bottom line my Dawgs are 0 for 2 against LH BUT LH had 7 more opportunity’s to play the Dawgs but did not make far enough. 

Doesn't matter.  LH has handled their business while transitioning from 3A to 5A and handled their business with Carthage when they met.  Carthage won't ever know if they could do the same because they will remain where they are.  Nobody outside of LH expected them to contend as they transitioned to 4A and 5A and continued to run the same system, especially the arrogant smack talkers representing Carthage on Smoaky.

• Like 1