Game of the Week: Stephenville @ China Spring

geauxags

Battle of 2021 4A State Champs. Who ya got?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of 2021 4A State Champs. Who ya got?

• China Spring
    • Stephenville

This poll is closed to new votes

On 10/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, jacketswarm said:

yea right carthridge aint 10 times better. had thier chanse in 2012 to face the Jackets but got man handled by el campo the week before bud. lol Jackets beat down el campo 70-35. dawgs dont wont none ol son. 

FIRE AWAY

Want me to go find how many championships Carthage won during years that Stephenville lost before playing them? 🤔

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Here's some historical facts...

In 08-09 Argyle was in the same playoffs but lost in the second round (they also lost to Celina in district).  Your precious Liberty Hill? They lost in the semifinals that year to Celina.  Lost is an understatement. They were absolutely destroyed by a score of 40-12, meaning they didn't get a chance to get throttled in the title game by Carthage who would beat Celina 49-37. CS, El campo, La Vega were not in the same divisional playoffs that year. 

In 09-10 when Carthage won their 2nd title in a row, China Spring lost in the 2nd round and Argyle lost in the 3rd round of the same playoffs.  Campo, La Vega and LH were not in the same playoffs (LH didn't make the playoffs at all that year). 

In 10-11 when Carthage won their 3rd title in a row, Carthage beat Argyle in the 3rd round while in route.  La Vega lost to Kirbyville in the 2nd round.  Liberty Hill made an incredibly quick 1st round exit, losing to Navarro. China Spring did not make the playoffs and El Campo was in another division.  

In 11-12 is when Carthage did lose to Argyle who would go on to lose to Wimberly in the Championship game. 

In 12-13 is when Carthage lost to El Campo in the semifinals. What happened to LH that year?  They missed the playoffs. Waco La Vega lost in the first round to Taylor by 3 points. Taylor turns around the next week and gets drummed by Carthage 56-21. China Spring and Argyle both were in a different classification for playoffs.  

In 13-14 When Carthage defeated Kilgore for their 4th Title... La Vega lost in the 2nd round to Jasper, El Campo lost in the first round to La Grange, China Spring did not even make the playoffs, Argyle won state in a different division, Liberty Hill had a 2nd round exit in their division.  

In 14-15 Carthage had a narrow 2nd round loss to El Campo who would then lost to Navasota the next week.  Carthage's team was 5-7 that year.  LH did make it to the semis that year to lose to Navasota (LH beat China Spring in the 1st round).  Argyle lost to Navasota in the championship game that year.  La Vega made a 1st round exit in those same playoffs. 

In 15-16 Carthage lost in the semifinals to La Vega.  Who lost to La Vega two rounds before that? Liberty Hill.  La Vega would win the championship that year, beating Argyle.  El Campo would lose in the 3rd round to Silsbee who Carthage then beat the next week. China Spring lost in the 4th round to Gatesville.  So El Campo, Liberty Hill and China Spring all did not win enough games to play Carthage that year.  

In 16-17 Carthage would win their 5th State title against Abilene Wylie (Wylie beat Argyle in the 3rd round), Carthage beat China Springs in the semifinals on the way.  That's the same China Spring who beat Liberty Hill in the 3rd round and La Vega in the 4th round.  El Campo lost in the 2nd round to Henderson who then got beat in the 3rd round by Carthage.  None of the teams you mentioned won enough to get to even play Carthage that year, but Carthage certainly did beat the teams that beat all of those teams.  👌

In 17-18 Carthage would defeat Kennedale for their 6th State title.  El Campo would lose to Kilgore in the 2nd round, Argyle lost to Stephenville in the 3rd(I said Stephenville, relevant to this thread :)) China Spring would lose to LH in the 3rd, LH would turn around and lose to La Vega in the 4th, La Vega would then lose to Carthage in the semifinals.  Look how nice and neat that lined up.  👋

In 18-19 Carthage loses to Liberty Hill by 3 in the semifinals.  LH would then lose to La Vega in the championship game.  

In 19-20 Carthage won #7 by beating La Vega.  El Campo would lose in the 3rd round to Liberty Hill who would then turn around and lose to Lampasas.  Who did Lampasas lose to? Carthage the very next week in the semifinals. China Spring lost in the 2nd round, Argyle lost in the 4th to La Vega who Carthage would defeat for the Title. 

In 20-21 Carthage wins #8.  LH is now in 5A.

NOW TO SUM IT ALL UP FOR YOU:

There were 5 years that the Carthage Bulldogs won a state title that Liberty Hill was not good enough to even play on the same stage as them. Argyle also was not good enough 5 times (losing to Carthage one other time), El Campo wasn't good enough 4 times. La Vega 4 times (losing to Carthage 2 other times).

Thank you, @Everide2016, for being dumb.

@HearEmaGrowlin @JBizzle @cowboyandchrist

Doesn't matter.  Head to head.  Sorry you wasted all that time digging up information.  What a life you must have.  And real show of class with the name calling at the end.  I've learned to expect no less.  Seen it too many times from the Carthage faithful on Smoaky.  They get riled up and can't help themselves.

13 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Doesn't matter.  Head to head.  Sorry you wasted all that time digging up information.  What a life you must have.  And real show of class with the name calling at the end.  I've learned to expect no less.  Seen it too many times from the Carthage faithful on Smoaky.  They get riled up and can't help themselves.

Stop acting like you don’t care. I bet you have a Carthage voodoo dog. 

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Wasn’t a waste of time. Just exposed you for how silly you are and how you are not to be taken seriously. And I don’t show class to chumps. You want class, give some to get some

You were the one that said something stupid about “nice to see a nemesis move up so you can win more titles”. I showed you that 5 championships were won by Carthage in which Liberty Hill wasn’t even able to make it onto the field with Carthage. Same for the others that you wanted to bring up. In other words, 5 years Carthage likely would have defeated LH and be 5-2. But hey I’ll be 0-2 against LH with 8 championships and counting any days. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

You ok?

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Wasn’t a waste of time. Just exposed you for how silly you are and how you are not to be taken seriously. And I don’t show class to chumps. You want class, give some to get some

You were the one that said something stupid about “nice to see a nemesis move up so you can win more titles”. I showed you that 5 championships were won by Carthage in which Liberty Hill wasn’t even able to make it onto the field with Carthage. Same for the others that you wanted to bring up. In other words, 5 years Carthage likely would have defeated LH and be 5-2. But hey I’ll be 0-2 against LH with 8 championships and counting any days. Lol. 

If it makes you feel better that's good.  I'll be good with staying undefeated against your boys and not resorting to name calling.  That's when you know you've been bettered, when you have to resort to calling names.   Throw in all the "likely" you want.  The only thing we know for sure is Carthage couldn't handle Liberty Hill.  

6 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

No need for that.  We beat them both times we played and will forever be 2-0 against them.

2 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

If it makes you feel better that's good.  I'll be good with staying undefeated against your boys and not resorting to name calling.  That's when you know you've been bettered, when you have to resort to calling names.   Throw in all the "likely" you want.  The only thing we know for sure is Carthage couldn't handle Liberty Hill.  

I run circles around you. Pretty sad your claim to fame and relevancy is beating Carthage twice. It’s quite safe to say the 5 times LH wasn’t worthy of sharing the field for the championship game or a game along the way, they’d have been “handled” as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I run circles around you. Pretty sad your claim to fame and relevancy is beating Carthage twice. It’s quite safe to say the 5 times LH wasn’t worthy of sharing the field for the championship game or a game along the way, they’d have been “handled” as well. 

Yes, you are truly impressive.  Your running skills are second to none.  I've made no claim to fame, but I'm sure Carthage couldn't have done much without you being a keyboard warrior for them.

1 minute ago, Everide2016 said:

Yes, you are truly impressive.  Your running skills are second to none.  I've made no claim to fame, but I'm sure Carthage couldn't have done much without you being a keyboard warrior for them.

No, you just pound your chest over LH beating Carthage twice upon a time every chance you get, you are the one wasting your time cuz… 8 and counting. 5 of those LH couldn’t do sh!t about because they weren’t even good enough to play with Carthage. Bye. See you the next time you troll poorly again 😂

Gonna leave these folks to their regularly scheduled programming now.