***Week 9: Overton Mustangs (2-5 | 1-1) @ Alto Yellowjackets (4-3 | 1-1) - Friday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Overton @ Alto  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Lion1996 said:

Lol that’s kinda what I’m thinking about y’all’s 😂 

For some reason not known by me,we set five starters to begin the game,at least that's what I'm being told.why is up to the coaches but I'm interested to  hear the reason...lol 😂 

Coach Ferguson is on that staff and he's a guru with the slot T.

He was on our staff last year so he prolly knew every lineup we made on offense..lol the perks of small school ball.  And to be honest,I wasn't there so I couldn't see what was happening in real time 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

For some reason not known by me,we set five starters to begin the game,at least that's what I'm being told.why is up to the coaches but I'm interested to  hear the reason...lol 😂 

Coach Ferguson is on that staff and he's a guru with the slot T.

He was on our staff last year so he prolly knew every lineup we made on offense..lol the perks of small school ball.  And to be honest,I wasn't there so I couldn't see what was happening in real time 🤷‍♂️

Well that’s makes more sense and y’all have some injuries too. So that’s a lot of kids missing in 2a.  Sounds like ME has a special rb for the next few years 

3 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Well that’s makes more sense and y’all have some injuries too. So that’s a lot of kids missing in 2a.  Sounds like ME has a special rb for the next few years 

Still,no excuses from me.we gotta win no matter what and how ever we can till everyone gets 100 again 🤷‍♂️...2AD2 be like that sometimes...lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClydesBoys96 said:

Guess we know why Alto cheated to get into D2.

I’m calling B S on that one sir.

Congrats to Overton on playing a heck of a game. They never gave up and my son complimented them on their sportsmanship. Both teams put in a hard fight. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

By the looks of that score,I've got some interesting questions that need answering.

👀

We had 3 starters out that really do make a difference. Our starting center tonight was the sophomore JV center playing in his first-ever varsity game….and he started. Did a good job, too. Some others playing different positions and with some backups. Overton was no slouch either.

We had a punt that unfortunately hit one of our players and Overton got the ball. They scored. Also had an INT thrown were Overton ended up scoring. Then a fumble on their 10ish yard line when we could have “put the game away” in the 4th. Too many of these mistakes, but we never got down, didn’t quit, made the plays when we needed them, stops when we needed them, and we finished with a dub. I’ll take it.

Also had 2 touchdowns called back for holding….. 🙄😩

Edited by StingEmALTO

Yellowjackets sting Mustangs, 32-29

•  

ALTO - Jackson Duplichain scored a pair of rushing touchdowns and Rashawn Mumphrey had a rushing touchdown and caught a touchdown pass as Alto earned a 32-29 triumph over visiting Overton on Friday night.

Alto exhibited a strong ground attack, with 398 of the Mean Sting's 444 total yards coming on the ground.

Mumphrey picked up 185 yards on 14 carries and Duplichain added 148 yards in 15 carries.

Keegan Davis went 4-6-1 through the air for 43 yards. His touchdown dart to Mumphrey covered 25 yards.

Top performers on defense were Zack Battle (12 tackles), Duplichain (11 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, a pass break up, a sack and a quarterback pressure) and Davis (9 tackles, a sack, a quarterback pressure).

The game was close throughout, with the Jackets owning a 16-14 halftime lead.

The Mean Sting (5-3, 2-1) will journey to Cushing next week while the Mustangs (2-6, 1-2) will visit Price-Carlisle.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/yellowjackets-sting-mustangs-32-29/article_31c9859c-51d4-11ed-9485-1b19abaf9c14.html

DFDCFA7B-33AC-49A2-8ECC-C978279F6D4F.jpeg

8FBD279A-285A-4174-88E6-433076B02BD6.jpeg

D5176465-795A-49E5-B291-D1940D6D38B7.jpeg