Hallsville (5-3) (2-2) @ Pine Tree (1-6) (1-2)

OnTheClock

Hallsville @ Pine Tree   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins The Gold Bowl???

• Hallsville
    • Pine Tree

This poll is closed to new votes

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

OnTheClock was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

The Hallsville-Pine Tree series has been dubbed the "Gold Bowl" and actually has a traveling trophy. The Bobcats currently hold in their possession the trophy winning last years game 35-21. This is a rival game rich in history with the two stadiums residing only 12 miles apart. With a "Gold Bowl" win on Friday Hallsville will lock in a playoff spot for the first time in 7 years. I expect this game to be full of fireworks. 

• Like 1

Pine Tree with the upset. I think we have just enough speed and talent to battle with Hallsville in the trenches. We need to slow the game down and make it about defense and ball control. To win we must not turn the ball over, have fewer penalty yards, and not allow a special teams touchdown. I think our offense and defense can stay in the game if these things happen. 

Hallsville should win this…. But their defense is so bad PIne Tree could steal one. 

PT has a really good running back and the QB has a good arm. WRs are inconsistent. 

Pirates have a better defense. 

Im taking Hallsville. But wouldn’t be shocked if PT got the upset. 

8 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Coach Strick is doing one heck of a job!!  Congrats on a great win !!

I agree. From an outside at Pine Tree this team has totally revamped and done the work to get where they are at now. I am also proud of my Pirates and our coaching staff. Pine Tree needs to not do what we do best and gripe and complain but build and support this group. When other fled, this group wanted to steer the ship. I respect and commend them. Despite the loss, we are playing great football and doing our best. We will get where we need to be soon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomlandry said:

I agree. From an outside at Pine Tree this team has totally revamped and done the work to get where they are at now. I am also proud of my Pirates and our coaching staff. Pine Tree needs to not do what we do best and gripe and complain but build and support this group. When other fled, this group wanted to steer the ship. I respect and commend them. Despite the loss, we are playing great football and doing our best. We will get where we need to be soon

Agreed. Yalls record is not reflective of the way y’all play. You battled our tails off. One play here or there can make or break that win column 

• Like 2