Nacwagons

Texas High @ Nacogdoches   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Texas High
    • Nacogdoches

This poll is closed to new votes

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Nacwagons was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

No reason to put a poll up we all know what is going to happen on Friday Night.

What looked like a promising season for the Dragons fell apart very fast with lots of turnovers and injuries taking away what little depth we have. Nac has lost 6 starters for the year 4 on defense. JV team was down to 16 players last week due to call ups to fill the varsity holes and grades. We will see if Nac moves players around and plays some of the younger players on varsity for the rest of the year for experience. 

Nac. is 11-25 lifetime against Texas High, the last 2 meetings have been close until halftime, last year seeing TH pull away in the 3rd Qtr. Friday is Senior Night in Nac as it is our last home game before we finish this dreadful season on the road in Marshall. We have our bye week the last week of the season and we have started airing up the basketballs!!

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

No reason to put a poll up we all know what is going to happen on Friday Night.

What looked like a promising season for the Dragons fell apart very fast with lots of turnovers and injuries taking away what little depth we have. Nac has lost 6 starters for the year 4 on defense. JV team was down to 16 players last week due to call ups to fill the varsity holes and grades. We will see if Nac moves players around and plays some of the younger players on varsity for the rest of the year for experience. 

Nac. is 11-25 lifetime against Texas High, the last 2 meetings have been close until halftime, last year seeing TH pull away in the 3rd Qtr. Friday is Senior Night in Nac as it is our last home game before we finish this dreadful season on the road in Marshall. We have our bye week the last week of the season and we have started airing up the basketballs!!

I see Nac has had injuries this year. I always expect Nac to be better than they are. 

6 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

They need to get in double wing and just run smash mouth football lol

I agree with you, the games we have been able to run the ball we have been competitive. When we have to start throwing every down is when the game has gotten away from us. The game against Whitehouse we were 70% run until our starting running back was lost for the year with a torn MCL. Up until that game we were 60% pass from the spread formation. 

Just now, Nacwagons said:

I agree with you, the games we have been able to run the ball we have been competitive. When we have to start throwing every down is when the game has gotten away from us. The game against Whitehouse we were 70% run until our starting running back was lost for the year with a torn MCL. Up until that game we were 60% pass from the spread formation. 

To me running the ball is key in any offense. Something to say about being able to go right at people! 

I also think in high school you have to have talent on offense to score points, no matter how good your defense is you will hit that offense that is going to score on you. Without an offense your defense gets worn down. Offense wins games in high school and without one you wont have the chance to get to the defense wins championships part. 

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I also think in high school you have to have talent on offense to score points, no matter how good your defense is you will hit that offense that is going to score on you. Without an offense your defense gets worn down. Offense wins games in high school and without one you wont have the chance to get to the defense wins championships part. 

Yes sir! A run heavy offense will slow the game down and give the defense a chance to breathe 

• Like 1

Up until last week Nac has played Texas high closer than any other team in the district for the past two years. I want to play spoiler and end their district winning streak. So many things have to go Nac’s way for that to happen. It’s not impossible but it’s very difficult to beat a team this good. You need to play mistake free football and hope your opponent has an off night. 

1 hour ago, Spothhb2 said:

Anybody know if this game is being streamed? If so, what service.

Nac streams their home games on you tube, search Nac football.

There will be no commentary, scoreboard or clock just straight game footage. you will only know the score, qtr. and down from the PA announcer that you can hear on the broadcast. 

• Like 1