Texas High @ Nacogdoches   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Texas High
    • Nacogdoches

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Please please.....not 2 weeks in a row.

Texas High got lucky in that a deflected pass was intercepted by a DL.  Probably saved that game. 

I can’t speak for the Marshall game but the calls on Friday was very one sided. Plus they missed some very blatant calls. We had some jv kids that stepped up this week and did a great job in spite of the circumstances. Our two starting RB’s were out. That kind of hindered our running game a bit.

3 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

I can’t speak for the Marshall game but the calls on Friday was very one sided. Plus they missed some blatant calls.

As I was watching the game on Dragon Media, it is difficult to comment on the officiating. My first observation is the Nac coach knew in advance which crew was officiating the game. If he or the T-High coach thought they were biased, they could have scratched them. I cannot intelligently comment on specific calls, as the camera view often had a difficult time following the play (not a compliant as I assume it was student media) and near side corners could not be picked up by the camera. On the first call I suspect you are referencing, was a no call on a pass over the middle in the 1st quarter. My initial reaction was either legs got tangled or the ball was uncatchable. Obviously, the Nac coach disagreed, thought it was a pass interference and  he compounded the issue by receiving a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  Several minutes later an assistant appeared to be yelling at a sideline official and was “pushed back” by another official (which was not flagged). It seemed to create an us against the officials in the Nac crowd. It appeared both teams were having issues with holding penalties hindering drives. The one call I laughed at was when Nac started a drive at 30, had a penalty, and completed a pass to the 39. The initial call was a Nac 1st down and the chains were moved. One of the officials noted the error, they conferenced and to their credit got it right. As this was #1 vs #7 game, I assume this was not the most experienced crew assigned. Luckily, the teams had a crew so they could play. Rarely has a fan base felt the officials were calling in their favor.

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

As I was watching the game on Dragon Media, it is difficult to comment on the officiating. My first observation is the Nac coach knew in advance which crew was officiating the game. If he or the T-High coach thought they were biased, they could have scratched them. I cannot intelligently comment on specific calls, as the camera view often had a difficult time following the play (not a compliant as I assume it was student media) and near side corners could not be picked up by the camera. On the first call I suspect you are referencing, was a no call on a pass over the middle in the 1st quarter. My initial reaction was either legs got tangled or the ball was uncatchable. Obviously, the Nac coach disagreed, thought it was a pass interference and  he compounded the issue by receiving a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  Several minutes later an assistant appeared to be yelling at a sideline official and was “pushed back” by another official (which was not flagged). It seemed to create an us against the officials in the Nac crowd. It appeared both teams were having issues with holding penalties hindering drives. The one call I laughed at was when Nac started a drive at 30, had a penalty, and completed a pass to the 39. The initial call was a Nac 1st down and the chains were moved. One of the officials noted the error, they conferenced and to their credit got it right. As this was #1 vs #7 game, I assume this was not the most experienced crew assigned. Luckily, the teams had a crew so they could play. Rarely has a fan base felt the officials were calling in their favor.

Our defensive coaches have been on the field the whole season when calling our defense. No flags have been thrown no warnings have been given yes I know the rule. It’s just that no other crew all year has been calling it until Friday.

Oh what could have been!!! We saw the best of the Dragons against WH,TH and the first half against Hallsville. The fact that we didn't play that way against everyone this season is maddening as a fan. You are what your record says you are, but this team should be much better than 1-8 on the season!!

Nac is losing a lot of Seniors, has 19 Juniors and had some freshman play Varsity last night. Kills me to think we took to the end of the season to play our best QB the whole game!! he plays Safety and on Special teams so he had to rotate due to the amount of plays he had. Our QB/SS #5 had a phenomenal game last night on both sides of the ball.