***Dennis Alexander will be in the Texas H.S. Football Hall of Fame!!!***

Smoaky

Dennis Alexander, who this past summer was inducted in the Texas High School Coaches Association Hall of Honor will also be inducted into the Texas High School Football Hall of Fame on May 6, 2023.

Alexander told David Smoak, "A coach like anyone in their respective profession is always happy to be honored because it usually means you were successful and I'm extremely proud. But, this is about so much more than me, it's about the others who contributed during my career including all of my assistant coaches and players along the way and of course my family."

Alexander, who won two state championships at Daingerfield in 1983 and 1985 is one of eleven coaches in Texas high school football history to win 300 or more games during his career at Hughes Springs, Daingerfield, Henderson, Harleton and Troup. Alexander ended his career 340-140-11.

Daingerfield also played for the Class 3-A State Championship in 1984 but lost to Medina Valley. The 1983 Daingerfield state champions are regarded as perhaps the single-greatest team in state history with their 16-0 record and outscoring opponents 631-8, including fourteen shutouts and thirteen straight shutouts to end the season.

Alexander is a graduate of Kilgore High School and Rice University.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Smoaky unpinned this topic