San Augustine (0-7, 0-3) @ Shelbyville (4-3, 1-3)

The Wolf Den

5 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Is Barnes job in jeopardy up there?

I would hope that being a hometown guy who patiently waited his turn would garner him some grace, especially considering he’s essentially fielding a JV team this year. They’ve played a brutal schedule. His wife is the head volleyball coach and they have been very successful this year. His whole family is committed to SA. I would hate to see him dismissed before getting a chance on a level playing field. Two of their last three games are against teams that are young or depleted. I think that’s a real test of the condition of their program. 

San Augustine looks about the same as every other week, random big plays and lackluster defense. One drive they will make great tackles either on the line or in the open field and the next it’ll take 3 missed tackles to get them down. The offense is getting more comfortable in what they do however, we’re seeing more variation in the run calls and a more willing approach to passing. The freshman QB has amazing legs but still really needs to get his throws down, we’ve already seen a number of missed opportunities. The special teams play has cleaned up a bit but the punt protection leaves room for improvement. The first kick return was almost bobbled like many of last weeks. Hope we can put some big plays and stops together and come back in the second half.