Jefferson at Tatum

warhawk1432

Jefferson vs. Tatum  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, FlowJack said:

Not sure this should have been called interference...

No Interference.jpg

Not at all. Directly led to a TD the next play. That was 3rd and like 20. They got Jeffy on a phantom call as well. Didn't lead to a TD though. We ended up turning it over on 4th. 

That PI call on us in overtime hurt. Was on 4th and forever....play happened with 10 yards still to go for the line to gain. All we had to do was slow up, make the tackle when caught.....then ride #5 and #8 into victory on next drive. Coulda, shouldas though.....its all over. Jeffy got the win.....we'll play Atlanta for 2nd/3rd seed, then get ready for the playoffs in an extreme rebuilding year.....I'll take it. 

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Not losing 20 yards EVERYTIME we dropped back to pass we would of put up 500 yards and won by at least 21. 

but for what it’s worth we had 373 total yards. 293 rushing and 80 passing. 

Well I got those "unofficial stats" from one of the coaches. But there not always accurate. I'll take 293 yards rushing from a team that was putting up 400-500 yards rushing against some pretty good preseason competition.  Yes you guys should have won by 21. We almost gave you guys the ball that many times. At one point, we ran 6 plays and 3 were fumbles that Tatum recovered. If we had no turnovers like Tatum, that game is over early.

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

That PI call on us in overtime hurt. Was on 4th and forever....play happened with 10 yards still to go for the line to gain. All we had to do was slow up, make the tackle when caught.....then ride #5 and #8 into victory on next drive. Coulda, shouldas though.....its all over. Jeffy got the win.....we'll play Atlanta for 2nd/3rd seed, then get ready for the playoffs in an extreme rebuilding year.....I'll take it. 

By the way, do you have the Jefferson offensive stats

1 hour ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

By the way, do you have the Jefferson offensive stats

According to Maxpreps, put in by your coaches I'm assuming. Jefferson had 335 total yards. 153 rushing, 123 passing. 

Tatum had 373 total yards. 293 rushing yards, 80 passing yards. #5 Mimbs led us rushing with 121 yards. 

Edited by Eagle8

11 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Correction, yalls total yards were correct....335. It was 182 rushing, 153 passing. 

Jefferson will have 8 back on offense. The offensive line is losing only 1. Kam is back as well as the Chris Love kid.  The stats I got from Sportsgram was 423 of offense.

Edited by SouthTexasDrifter

2 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Jefferson will have 8 back on offense. The offensive line is losing only 1. Kam is back as well as the Chris Love kid.  

Bring back 10 on that side of the ball one year, 8 the next…. Nice way to build something. 

1 minute ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

What about the holding they did call in the middle of the field on number 22 on the 4th down in overtime. The calls went both ways

The addition of our next year freshman who have not lost a game in 2 years who are 15-0 in junior high will make Jefferson  a great place to be.  

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Greatness huh?

You tell me. I find it crazy how slow Tatum has become. One thing is for sure what happened on Saturday the Bulldogs got that weight off their back from the Tatum.  

So after watching the game and the scoring went like this Waskom 21 Tatum 7 and Jefferson 30.

3 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

You tell me. I find it crazy how slow Tatum has become. One thing is for sure what happened on Saturday the Bulldogs got that weight off their back from the Tatum.  

So after watching the game and the scoring went like this Waskom 21 Tatum 7 and Jefferson 30.

Slow or not we all know who’s still daddy. 

F28FD9A7-F89C-45C3-8213-C537B3CC262D.jpeg

34 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

What I am saying is that there is a lot of talent there. They have to work and keep getting better, but the foundation is defiantly there for greatness.

We have a lot of talent coming too but you just can never tell.  One of the best players in my sons grade in junior high (they never lost either) never grew another inch and I think got slower in high school 😂 

1 hour ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Jefferson will have 8 back on offense. The offensive line is losing only 1. Kam is back as well as the Chris Love kid.  The stats I got from Sportsgram was 423 of offense.

8 back on offense? Losing an OL as well as 4, 5, 7(and did 100% of the offensive production btw) whom all start....now my maff ain't the greatest....but....11 minus 4 is 8 in Jefferson? I dunno if i'd trust them stats off of da sportsgram if they was using Jefferson maff, too.