(6-2, 4-0) Hooks @ DeKalb (7-1, 4-0)

CaptHook

Hooks vs DeKalb  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the victory?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, hornetblue said:

We all love our towns and our teams. I hope everyone understands that this is just for fun and does not get butt hurt. It is good that we are both good teams and are playing an important game late in the season! I look forward to both teams putting it on the line to reign supreme as District Champions. I know @kooldown54before you say it, we still have to play New Boston. We all know y'all don't have a chance! We as fans have no real impact on the outcome, but at least we get to talk crap to each other! Don't forget that Hooks is better than you and your town!

Notta peep from me!  You already know my stance!! We know when to bow down to superiority! 

3 hours ago, hornetblue said:

Does DeKalb even run track? We would have had to cut some of our bleachers off or would have had to move our bleachers back in order to add the 8th lane, which wasn't really feasible. We definitely could not have removed any of our seating because we need all that seating to accommodate all of our move ins that want to play for a good athletic program. We can take you on a tour of the new Indoor Practice Facility and Gym when they get done, also. 

Open enrollment, new turf, new indoor, new taxes and the occasional “deep” run to the second round?

3 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

I remember my first post like it was 7 years ago this month....it was I will take Hooks by 7. Just like this week.

Around the same time the UT commit and West Point commit and a couple of others that went on to play college football got run off the field in Royce City on a cold night in the second round?

10 minutes ago, RonChee said:

Around the same time the UT commit and West Point commit and a couple of others that went on to play college football got run off the field in Royce City on a cold night in the second round?

I believe the year before that, but the year you're talking about is when they played the #1 ranked team in the state without the west point commit...I see you like to leave out details.

Edited by Cannon85

7 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

I believe the year before that, but the year you're talking about is when they played the #1 ranked team in the state without the west point commit...I see you like to leave out details.

I’m talking about the night a well coached and undersized Gunter made the D1 athletes look silly. My point is the current regime has been to the second round twice and never beyond since you started posting regardless of how many college football players they run out there. Did I omit anything?

I have not seen DK play. If HKS has more athletes they win, until they run into a coach (second or third round) and the athletes are slowed down. Just look at the last 7 years worth of results.

Edited by RonChee

36 minutes ago, RonChee said:

I’m talking about the night a well coached and undersized Gunter made the D1 athletes look silly. My point is the current regime has been to the second round twice and never beyond since you started posting regardless of how many college football players they run out there. Did I omit anything?

I have not seen DK play. If HKS has more athletes they win, until they run into a coach (second or third round) and the athletes are slowed down. Just look at the last 7 years worth of results.

Our West Point commit tore his ACL in a scrimmage game that year. If he had been able to play that year, it would have been a whole different season.

42 minutes ago, RonChee said:

Yes, you literally omitted the fact that the undersized Gunter team was the undefeated #1 team in the state. The same team that made Dangerfield look slow. Bless your heart, you are trying to be a troll and failing miserably. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cannon85 said:

Yes, you literally omitted the fact that the undersized Gunter team was the undefeated #1 team in the state. The same team that made Dangerfield look slow. Bless your heart, you are trying to be a troll and failing miserably. 

And that the West Point commit didn't play a single down after he tore his ACL in a scrimmage.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GRINnBEARit said:

Not only is the varsity game for the potential district championship, but will be the same for the JV. Hooks Jv is 3-0-1 & De Kalb is 4-0.

Obviously, both of these games only put us in position to win DC. Both JV and Varsity will still have to defeat NB.

Too easy! 

8 minutes ago, GRINnBEARit said:

Lol. This reverse jinx thing you have going on is interesting. A tactic I deploy in my fantasy leagues weekly. 😂

Just now, kooldown54 said:

No reverse jinxs here, its from the heart! 

All these HKS junkies know its the truth! 

53 minutes ago, hornetblue said:

The Hornets are starting to swarm! 

They probably aren't swarming much today. Winds blowing too hard! Me and Tyra had to roll towels and put them under the doors to our single wide this morning! When I get home from working at West Fraser we gonna put ten foil over the windows 

2 hours ago, GRINnBEARit said:

Not only is the varsity game for the potential district championship, but will be the same for the JV. Hooks Jv is 3-0-1 & De Kalb is 4-0.

Obviously, both of these games only put us in position to win DC. Both JV and Varsity will still have to defeat NB.

Nobody cares about Jv. You just watch the Bears beat the Hornets Friday night