Lindale 5-4 (3-2) @ Jacksonville 2-6 (1-3)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Jacksonville   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Lindale is coming off of a big time bounce back performance. Defense looked shaky early but they got it figured out in the 2nd half. Offense looked like a well oiled machine against Palestine. Big win 57-32

Jacksonville is coming off of their bye week and a loss to Palestine 55-52 two weeks ago. 

Thoughts?

Key word from Jake is SHOULD. Lindale offense is hitting on all cylinders right now. Only thing that stops them, is themselves with mistakes and turnovers so far. Defense has to come ready to play, fired up and focused. They started slow again last night but found their groove in 2nd half. Palestine knew the only thing that could stop lindale offense was lindale and they finally wore down and gave up 2nd half. We were up 25 I think with 8 minutes left and Palestine wasn’t even in hurry up. They knew. 

Lindale is about set themselves up for a good playoff run. Chapel Hill and Kilgore are behind them. Their trademark discipline is going to kick in and it's all business until meeting one of their district mates in the playoffs.

Edited by KildogDad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Lindale is about set themselves up for a good playoff run. Chapel Hill and Kilgore are behind them. Their trademark discipline is going to kick in and it's all business until meeting one of their district mates in the playoffs.

Agreed.....iron sharpens iron! With that size offensive line and a disciplined team a deep playoff run is possible. 

I don’t know man. Jacksonville struggles on defense but those receivers they have are legit! I still say Lindale wins, but I could easily see this being a high scoring game on both ends.

Lindale 56

Jacksonville 42

Edited by LordSensei

26 minutes ago, LordSensei said:

I don’t know man. Jacksonville struggles on defense but those receivers they have are legit! I still say Lindale wins, but I could easily see this being a high scoring game on both ends.

Lindale 56

Jacksonville 42

I agree. This is a shootout and Lindale defense better come ready to play and hit someone in the mouth or that offense may need 55-60 points to pull out the win. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

Looks like the Indians are very athletic and have a few Division One kids on their team. Not sure how they will match up in the trenches. I fully expect Lindale to win this game and continue to gain momentum, but I could see it being a high scoring affair if the Eagles cannot slow down the speed.

Give me Lindale by 2-3 TD's

• Like 1

Looks like Jax jumped from a 5A frying pan to 4A frying pan.

I had a feeling their new 4A district was going to be a tough road.  I remember there were some on here that thought they were going to drop and become an immediate contender......I had trouble seeing that happening.  This 4A district is very good.

Didn't have a ton of history with Lindale...but they were always well coached and very disciplined.  Always a tough game.

Hard to pick against Lindale......so I won't.

• Like 1