Lindale 5-4 (3-2) @ Jacksonville 2-6 (1-3)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Jacksonville   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Looks like Jax jumped from a 5A frying pan to 4A frying pan.

I had a feeling their new 4A district was going to be a tough road.  I remember there were some on here that thought they were going to drop and become an immediate contender......I had trouble seeing that happening.  This 4A district is very good.

Didn't have a ton of history with Lindale...but they were always well coached and very disciplined.  Always a tough game.

Hard to pick against Lindale......so I won't.

I was one of em! I thought they'd contend for the 4th place playoff spot. If they lose, they are all but eliminated. They've been disappointing. From what I understand they can score points with not much defense........ hmmmmmm......sounds like another team I know recently until 2nd half last week when they finally stiffened back up. Eagles better come out fired up and ready. Jax will be. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I was one of em! I thought they'd contend for the 4th place playoff spot. If they lose, they are all but eliminated. They've been disappointing. From what I understand they can score points with not much defense........ hmmmmmm......sounds like another team I know recently until 2nd half last week when they finally stiffened back up. Eagles better come out fired up and ready. Jax will be. 

Jacksonville is always loaded with athletes....particularly on offense.  Seems like they always have a good QB, a good RB, and at least one stud WR.

Defense has been their downfall the last 4-5 years it seems.

They always seemed to give us fits in the first half...and then things would fall apart for them in the second half.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Jacksonville is always loaded with athletes....particularly on offense.  Seems like they always have a good QB, a good RB, and at least one stud WR.

Defense has been their downfall the last 4-5 years it seems.

They always seemed to give us fits in the first half...and then things would fall apart for them in the second half.

From what I have heard...same story this year. They are loaded at WR and the QB is a McCown as usual. Offense is very good from the highlights I've seen. If their run game is good then they might be scary offensively.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

From what I have heard...same story this year. They are loaded at WR and the QB is a McCown as usual. Offense is very good from the highlights I've seen. If their run game is good then they might be scary offensively.

After watching their game against Palestine I’m more concerned about the passing game. Their run game isn’t great and their defense isn’t very good. I’m hoping the weather doesn’t affect things too much. If it does I think it will favor Lindale. Lindale is more run heavy and Jacksonville’s big plays come from the passing game

9 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

After watching their game against Palestine I’m more concerned about the passing game. Their run game isn’t great and their defense isn’t very good. I’m hoping the weather doesn’t affect things too much. If it does I think it will favor Lindale. Lindale is more run heavy and Jacksonville’s big plays come from the passing game

Well, I would rather us face a passing team than a running team at this point.

I completely agree about the weather. Should benefit Lindale with the big offensive line and the rushing attack.

• Like 1

I think this one may be a classic and a shootout, despite the potential rain. Let's all keep in mind all the times the weather service has guaranteed rain at 100%. usually when they do that it is a non-event. It may just be a really cool night tomorrow night with no rain if past performance is indicative of future results. 

9 hours ago, Jakeelee05 said:

This is accurate. They live by the deep ball, so an effective pass rush is the best way to avoid having to win jump balls with their talented receivers.

51 minutes ago, Bigchum55 said:

Game Day! Lindale JV cruised to a big victory last night to secure the district title. I tip my hat to the JV play caller, extremely creative all season. Wonder who it is?

I'll take the eagles on the road tonight! 

I believe it's our offensive line coach. He does a good job. Probably a little too run heavy for my taste, but that's what you get sometimes when you have the offensive line guy calling plays. They are district champions so I cannot complain too much.

34 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I believe it's our offensive line coach. He does a good job. Probably a little too run heavy for my taste, but that's what you get sometimes when you have the offensive line guy calling plays. They are district champions so I cannot complain too much.

We also moved our JV QB up to varsity last week, so this was the first game for both our QB's we played. Not a lot of throwing going to be done in that situation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

We also moved our JV QB up to varsity last week, so this was the first game for both our QB's we played. Not a lot of throwing going to be done in that situation. 

Oh, I didn't realize that. I follow the JV as much as I can but it didn't dawn on me that the kid we moved up was the QB. Isn't that a similar situation to last year? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

He looks like an O-line guy for sure. Dude can call some good plays!

22 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Well Lindale secures 3rd place. The run defense played lights out tonight but the pass defense was horrible. They are gonna have to work on that in the bye week. Offense looked good as usual. 

I would throw every down on Lindale. The pass defense is not very good at all. The oline is very good.. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

I would throw every down on Lindale. The pass defense is not very good at all. The oline is very good.. 

That’s what I was thinking. Jacksonville’s offensive coordinator isn’t very smart. If they would have just thrown more and ran less they might have won. Kind of a head scratcher 

47 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

That’s what I was thinking. Jacksonville’s offensive coordinator isn’t very smart. If they would have just thrown more and ran less they might have won. Kind of a head scratcher 

Yup, don't understand why Jax was running the ball down 2 scores with 5 mins remaining

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Well Lindale secures 3rd place. The run defense played lights out tonight but the pass defense was horrible. They are gonna have to work on that in the bye week. Offense looked good as usual. 

We play Vidor in the 1st round and they’re vaunted slot-T offense. They throw it about 5-7 times a game. Game will go by fast and possessions will be critical. May be last one with the ball.