Lindale 5-4 (3-2) @ Jacksonville 2-6 (1-3)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Jacksonville   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Jakeelee05 said:

That’s what I was thinking. Jacksonville’s offensive coordinator isn’t very smart. If they would have just thrown more and ran less they might have won. Kind of a head scratcher 

The way I looked at that, it was weather related and we have not been good against the run lately except for 2nd half last week. With it being wet, I think they thought maybe they could run it on us too. When it was an obvious passing down we were dropping 7-8 and rushing 3 or 4 and they still passed on us. Pretty frustrating to watch at times. But we got the W and locked up 3rd. We actually get a week off and some rest and healing up. Our reward is Vidor and the slot-T ….. SMH. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles
  • Like 1

And big kudos to JVille. They played hard all game. Never gave up. They’ve got a couple players who can ball. 23 I think on the D-line. Big and FAST. Can be an absolute play wrecker when he tries. And 30, MLB. Can also do damage. But they both will take some plays off. 14 and 4, WR and QB we’re good. They just don’t have much else. Good game Jville. They made us earn it. Lindale always gets everybody’s best game. Not sure why that is but teams love to hate us. Oh well, Vidor, see you in 2 weeks. 

• Like 2

And Vidor never threw a pass last night.  Not one.  Gets frustrating, but when you put up 48 points it’s hard to complain.  Vidor’s best defense is the offense.  Long 75 yards drives with 5-7 yards a play, keeping the opposing teams offense on the bench.  Not sure that’ll work with Lindale though.  Sadly, I see Lindale winning the matchup, easily - IF they can defend the Slot T.  If not, it’ll be a great ball game.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And Vidor never threw a pass last night.  Not one.  Gets frustrating, but when you put up 48 points it’s hard to complain.  Vidor’s best defense is the offense.  Long 75 yards drives with 5-7 yards a play, keeping the opposing teams offense on the bench.  Not sure that’ll work with Lindale though.  Sadly, I see Lindale winning the matchup, easily - IF they can defend the Slot T.  If not, it’ll be a great ball game.

Lindale’s defense has struggled these past few games. The run defense has gotten better but that slot T is a whole other beast. Our offense is still really good but I see this being a slug fest. Probably a lot like 2020 where Vidor had the ball 80% of the time and ran the clock out. When Lindale has the ball they will be able to score but that’s WHEN they have the ball. Should be a good game

12 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale’s defense has struggled these past few games. The run defense has gotten better but that slot T is a whole other beast. Our offense is still really good but I see this being a slug fest. Probably a lot like 2020 where Vidor had the ball 80% of the time and ran the clock out. When Lindale has the ball they will be able to score but that’s WHEN they have the ball. Should be a good game

Agree. Each team gets the ball 5-7 times and its who can get 1 or 2 stops

9 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

We play Vidor in the 1st round and they’re vaunted slot-T offense. They throw it about 5-7 times a game. Game will go by fast and possessions will be critical. May be last one with the ball. 

CH played them last year in the playoffs. Their offense was successful the first qtr but once it was figured out they flat out couldn’t move the ball. Very boring real to watch. If they fall behind, they have no shot. They can’t pass the football at all. Or couldn’t last year anyway. 

9 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

We play Vidor in the 1st round and they’re vaunted slot-T offense. They throw it about 5-7 times a game. Game will go by fast and possessions will be critical. May be last one with the ball. 

Your run defense is really good.  I don't believe yall have a problem. 

Just now, Cat51993 said:

Your run defense is really good.  I don't believe yall have a problem. 

Thank you, but all due respect, you must have not seen the CHill game or Kilgore game or 1st half of Palestine. Our defense is hit or miss. We can play lights out for a half and then now show up for another half. We tend to start slow. 

46 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

CH played them last year in the playoffs. Their offense was successful the first qtr but once it was figured out they flat out couldn’t move the ball. Very boring real to watch. If they fall behind, they have no shot. They can’t pass the football at all. Or couldn’t last year anyway. 

Still can’t pass.  Last year ended on a catastrophe.  Down to 3RD string RB’s.  HC was taken off bus in an ambulance right before it left.  Just wasn’t meant to be.  Not to bad on injuries this year, but we have no speed, but make up for that by being small, lol.  Not nearly as good as we were.  Have a lot of heart but that’ll only take you so far.  Seriously, just hope we keep it respectable.

4 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Thank you, but all due respect, you must have not seen the CHill game or Kilgore game or 1st half of Palestine. Our defense is hit or miss. We can play lights out for a half and then now show up for another half. We tend to start slow. 

15 hours ago, Jakeelee05 said:

That’s what I was thinking. Jacksonville’s offensive coordinator isn’t very smart. If they would have just thrown more and ran less they might have won. Kind of a head scratcher 

Lindales oline will be the difference against vidor

Yeah, it seemed like all I talked about last night. But our DLine played great, as good as they could play. I was proud of them. Yeah, @LetsGoEagles#30 is a 10th grader. I predict he could be defensive MVP of district as a senior. He’s special. Good luck to Lindale against Vidor. Y’all are a very physical offensive team. Defensively, y’all did great sliding down the line of scrimmage and not giving up ground. That will help against a slot T. Go win!!! 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Still can’t pass.  Last year ended on a catastrophe.  Down to 3RD string RB’s.  HC was taken off bus in an ambulance right before it left.  Just wasn’t meant to be.  Not to bad on injuries this year, but we have no speed, but make up for that by being small, lol.  Not nearly as good as we were.  Have a lot of heart but that’ll only take you so far.  Seriously, just hope we keep it respectable.

I remember hearing about that coach. Ran into a vidor fan at a gas station after that game. I assume everything was ended up ok? He still the coach? 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yeah, it seemed like all I talked about last night. But our DLine played great, as good as they could play. I was proud of them. Yeah, @LetsGoEagles#30 is a 10th grader. I predict he could be defensive MVP of district as a senior. He’s special. Good luck to Lindale against Vidor. Y’all are a very physical offensive team. Defensively, y’all did great sliding down the line of scrimmage and not giving up ground. That will help against a slot T. Go win!!! 

Thanks Matt! We’re gonna give it all we have. Good to see JVille headed in the right direction. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

I remember hearing about that coach. Ran into a vidor fan at a gas station after that game. I assume everything was ended up ok? He still the coach? 

Yes.  Coach Matthews is a class act, as a man/mentor.  The kids would run into a brick wall for him.  Certainly no Surratt as far as football goes, but a well respected man.  And even though (this year) the Pirates are small & slow, they’re still second in District (albeit a weak District compared to 9).  I recently posted the OL for Denton Guyer weighs more than the whole Pirate team, lol.

18 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

About 2:45 for us 

About as equal as you can get.  I was thinking, Huffman Center snapped it over the QB’s head three times (Once first & Goal at the Pirate 2 yard line). If the Lindale Center would do that, it wouldn’t secure a Pirate win but it’d keep the game a little closer, lol.  All help appreciated!

On 10/29/2022 at 12:47 AM, LetsGoEagles said:

And big kudos to JVille. They played hard all game. Never gave up. They’ve got a couple players who can ball. 23 I think on the D-line. Big and FAST. Can be an absolute play wrecker when he tries. And 30, MLB. Can also do damage. But they both will take some plays off. 14 and 4, WR and QB we’re good. They just don’t have much else. Good game Jville. They made us earn it. Lindale always gets everybody’s best game. Not sure why that is but teams love to hate us. Oh well, Vidor, see you in 2 weeks. 

# 2 Is actually pretty good as well; hit you guys for 2 TD's( should have been 3) and over 100 yards receiving!!!!! But, the disrespect is typical!!!!!

30 minutes ago, low3333 said:

# 2 Is actually pretty good as well; hit you guys for 2 TD's( should have been 3) and over 100 yards receiving!!!!! But, the disrespect is typical!!!!!

Are you seriously getting upset because I failed to mention a kid? WOW - and we wonder why society is the way it is. Man, it was raining hard core, I must have missed some of those. My apologies. I didn’t mean to leave out your son. I’m sure he’s awesome. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hagar said:

About as equal as you can get.  I was thinking, Huffman Center snapped it over the QB’s head three times (Once first & Goal at the Pirate 2 yard line). If the Lindale Center would do that, it wouldn’t secure a Pirate win but it’d keep the game a little closer, lol.  All help appreciated!

With all due respect, I think will be much closer than. Your thinking.