Lindale 5-4 (3-2) @ Jacksonville 2-6 (1-3)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Jacksonville   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

With all due respect, I think will be much closer than. Your thinking. 

Hope so, but y’all have size & speed.  Hard to overcome.  On other site I ask for suggestions.  A Lumberton fan said, “Prayer”.  Pretty much what I was thinking.  They’ve got heart, I’ll give’em that.  Just hope for a good, injury free game, and seriously, best of luck going forward to whoever wins.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Hope so, but y’all have size & speed.  Hard to overcome.  On other site I ask for suggestions.  A Lumberton fan said, “Prayer”.  Pretty much what I was thinking.  They’ve got heart, I’ll give’em that.  Just hope for a good, injury free game, and seriously, best of luck going forward to whoever wins.

ABSOLUTELY, safe travels & injury free

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Is it just a down year for D10 except Lumberton?

• LOL! 1

29 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Are you seriously getting upset because I failed to mention a kid? WOW - and we wonder why society is the way it is. Man, it was raining hard core, I must have missed some of those. My apologies. I didn’t mean to leave out your son. I’m sure he’s awesome. 

Thanks brother! Not a big deal, just want people to know that he's a baller too! Works his butt off but gets very little credit and yes, he's my son! I meant zero disrespect!

5 minutes ago, low3333 said:

Thanks brother! Not a big deal, just want people to know that he's a baller too! Works his butt off but gets very little credit and yes, he's my son! I meant zero disrespect!

No worries man, great game. I was impressed by JVille, they’re definitely trending in the right direction. Playoffs are in your future. Mash I ask, did your son have a gold back plate showing under his jersey on back? Canady?

1 minute ago, LetsGoEagles said:

No worries man, great game. I was impressed by JVille, they’re definitely trending in the right direction. Playoffs are in your future. Mash I ask, did your son have a gold back plate showing under his jersey on back? Canady?

Yes sir.

Just now, LetsGoEagles said:

OK, then I was wrong. He was all over the field. My mistake. He played a very good game. Sorry for leaving him out. does he play both ways? 

Yes sir! Like I said, I meant zero disrespect. I apologize if I came off totally wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, low3333 said:

Yes sir! Like I said, I meant zero disrespect. I apologize if I came off totally wrong.

No worries man, like I said earlier to Matt who announces a ya’lls games, you can tell Jax is headed in a good direction. Good luck next week against the east Texas dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

Should be a good game. Interested to see how Vidor matches up in the trenches. That tends to be the theme for Lindale this year. If you can match up with the big bodies then the Eagles have struggled. If you can't...then Lindale is going to get the run game going and they are tough to stop.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Should be a good game. Interested to see how Vidor matches up in the trenches. That tends to be the theme for Lindale this year. If you can match up with the big bodies then the Eagles have struggled. If you can't...then Lindale is going to get the run game going and they are tough to stop.

Like I posted earlier, Vidor is small.  Not midgets (except 1 Soph RB lol) but certainly not good size in the line.  And I’ll repeat, Vidor’s best defense is their offense.  Long time consuming drives.  If we can do that, game will be a good one.  We must keep the Lindale offense on the sidelines.  And when they are on the field, hope for a turnover of some kind.

11 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Is it just a down year for D10 except Lumberton?

No.  District has usually been weak.  Last year it showed flashes of coming out of it.  Hate to tell on myself but I thought it’d be strong this year.  Ltown was bringing back more speed that they ever had.  Vidor had an undefeated JV.  LCM has a new Coach who I thought was going to work wonders, and Huffman always had a decent team.  Then, after 3 losses, a bunch of Vidor’s JV got pulled up, & finally we started winning.  LCM hasn’t come together like everyone thought.  Huffman lost their Coach of many years.  Overall, I’m very disappointed in the District and like many of my predictions, so wrong I should get the “Wrong” award.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

We’d match up well with Palestine, Henderson, Jacksonville and Athens.  Not so much with Kilgore, Chapel Hill and Lindale.

I wonder, do Districts with fewer teams normally not do as well in the playoffs?  Fewer teams, less chance of a really good program.  When you can get in the playoffs with 5-4 as second & third seed, there’s no incentive to improve.  Whooppee we made the playoffs.  But in 10 to get a high seed, you better bring some muscle.  You have to be good.  I’m probably not explaining it well, but I hope you get the idea.

Lumberton has it this year, but all those speedsters will graduate.  Vidor had it last year, and despite what many think, had we not had so many injuries - had the Coach not been taken off the Bus & rushed to the hospital, we beat Chapel Hill, and look how far they went, but this year, Vidor’s back to 5-4.  No consistently really good programs, Jmo.

57 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Like I posted earlier, Vidor is small.  Not midgets (except 1 Soph RB lol) but certainly not good size in the line.  And I’ll repeat, Vidor’s best defense is their offense.  Long time consuming drives.  If we can do that, game will be a good one.  We must keep the Lindale offense on the sidelines.  And when they are on the field, hope for a turnover of some kind.

Small on the defensive line will make it hard to stop the Lindale run game. Two years ago I remember you guys had a MONSTER on the defensive line. I believe he lined up right over the center and made life difficult for our offense. I'm assuming you guys don't have a guy like that?

57 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Small on the defensive line will make it hard to stop the Lindale run game. Two years ago I remember you guys had a MONSTER on the defensive line. I believe he lined up right over the center and made life difficult for our offense. I'm assuming you guys don't have a guy like that?

No - dang it.  He was a 100 year lineman.  Gave Chapel Hill fits.  Gave everyone fits.  He’s playing college ball now, but I forget where.

Certainly one of the best I’ve ever seen play, and at 77, I’ve seen a bunch.  He was doubled or tripled every play, and still lead the team in tackles.

Edited by Hagar
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

We’d match up well with Palestine, Henderson, Jacksonville and Athens.  Not so much with Kilgore, Chapel Hill and Lindale.

I wonder, do Districts with fewer teams normally not do as well in the playoffs?  Fewer teams, less chance of a really good program.  When you can get in the playoffs with 5-4 as second & third seed, there’s no incentive to improve.  Whooppee we made the playoffs.  But in 10 to get a high seed, you better bring some muscle.  You have to be good.  I’m probably not explaining it well, but I hope you get the idea.

Lumberton has it this year, but all those speedsters will graduate.  Vidor had it last year, and despite what many think, had we not had so many injuries - had the Coach not been taken off the Bus & rushed to the hospital, we beat Chapel Hill, and look how far they went, but this year, Vidor’s back to 5-4.  No consistently really good programs, Jmo.

Yeah, ya'll had a tragic ending last year. Moved into state top 10, dropped a game but still won district, then I think lost a couple key players either last game or last 2 games of season and then the coach on the bus to play chapel hill. Terrible, Glad the coach is OK. It was a tough year. But let's not forget you do have something very special and difficult to handle and it can NEVER be overlooked - The slot-T offense. It is the great equalizer and I absolutely love to watch it. Saw Liberty Hill play SOC in the 5A-D2 state championship last year and they are the absolute masters of it. You guys run it just like LH. Quick to run up to the line so defense can't move formation around, snap ball and then hope and pray you can find the ball. It is SO deceptive and we play ZERO slot-T teams. Like I said, this will be closer than you think. Slot-T evens things up some for you guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Yeah, ya'll had a tragic ending last year. Moved into state top 10, dropped a game but still won district, then I think lost a couple key players either last game or last 2 games of season and then the coach on the bus to play chapel hill. Terrible, Glad the coach is OK. It was a tough year. But let's not forget you do have something very special and difficult to handle and it can NEVER be overlooked - The slot-T offense. It is the great equalizer and I absolutely love to watch it. Saw Liberty Hill play SOC in the 5A-D2 state championship last year and they are the absolute masters of it. You guys run it just like LH. Quick to run up to the line so defense can't move formation around, snap ball and then hope and pray you can find the ball. It is SO deceptive and we play ZERO slot-T teams. Like I said, this will be closer than you think. Slot-T evens things up some for you guys. 

I understand Coach Matthews goes to LH once a year to boneup on it.  If we could ever develop a passing game to go with it, like LH, it’d be awesome.  Surely someone at Vidor can throw a forward pass 😂😂😂

Btw, I won’t be at the game (Med problems), but if you go watch #20 (Dagen Venable) for Vidor.  Heckuva little athlete.  Started on Varsity Basball as a Fr.  Plays Slotback & probably doesn’t weigh a Buck 30, but I’ve seen him tote a couple of tacklers 3 or 4 yards.  He’s one pulled up off JV after first 3 losses. He’s a son of a friend of mine.  Hope you can give me a scouting report 😂☠️😂

Edited by Hagar
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I understand Coach Matthews goes to LH once a year to boneup on it.  If we could ever develop a passing game to go with it, like LH, it’d be awesome.  Surely someone at Vidor can throw a forward pass 😂😂😂

Btw, I won’t be at the game (Med problems), but if you go watch #20 (Dagen Venable) for Vidor.  Heckuva little athlete.  Started on Varsity Basball as a Fr.  Plays Slotback & probably doesn’t weigh a Buck 30, but I’ve seen him tote a couple of tacklers 3 or 4 yards.  He’s one pulled up off JV after first 3 losses. He’s a son of a friend of mine.  Hope you can give me a scouting report 😂☠️😂

He's tiny but tough as nails. Gets up every time. I've seen film on him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Btw, evidently the Slot T is a love/hate offense.  Some, in Vidor, hate it.  Others, like you & me, love it.  I love it because half the time I’m faked out (watching wrong RB).  Maybe others hate it for the same reason I love it?

Keep me posted on secret plays, lol (you’ll want to save those for The Hill & Kilgore).  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hagar said:

No - dang it.  He was a 100 year lineman.  Gave Chapel Hill fits.  Gave everyone fits.  He’s playing college ball now, but I forget where.

Certainly one of the best I’ve ever seen play, and at 77, I’ve seen a bunch.  He was doubled or tripled every play, and still lead the team in tackles.

He was a beast...that is for sure. I think he was the best one Lindale saw in the playoffs in 2020 until Argyle...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

He was a beast...that is for sure. I think he was the best one Lindale saw in the playoffs in 2020 until Argyle...

Fascinating what it is about a kid that makes him stand head & shoulders above others.  Seen him blow over bigger kids.  He was fairly quick, but not the quickest.  So what is it?  I’m sure others spent as much time in the weight room.  Is it drive?  Determination?  Heart?  Bet all the Coaches wish they knew.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️