My Week 10 3A DI Rankings

Yoe09

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Yoe09 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

1. Franklin - W 49-35 over Lorena
2. Brock - W 18-13 over Paradise
3. Cameron Yoe - W 47-21 over Rockdale
4. West - W 38-21 over Grandview
5. Malakoff - OFF 
6. Hitchcock - W 55-0 over Hempstead 
7. Columbus - W 35-12 over Yoakum 
8. Edna - W 21-7 over Goliad
9. Lorena - L 49-35 to Franklin 
10. Whitesboro - OFF 
11. Grandview - L 38-21 to West
12. Pottsboro - W 52-7 over Rains
13. Winnsboro - W 39-36 over Mineola
14. Mount Vernon - W 44-24 over Commerce
15. Shallowater - W 43-28 over Bushland  
16. Hallettsville - OFF 
17. Bushland - L 43-28 to Shallowater
18. Woodville - W 44-0 over Crockett
19. Llano - W 17-6 over Blanco
T20. Tatum - W 56-34 over Sabine 
T20. Paradise - L 18-13 to Brock 

Others: Orangefield, Goliad, Anahuac, Coldspring

Notes:

1. Nice win for West.  To beat Grandview by 3 scores definitely solidifies their top 10 ranking.   

2. It sounds like Lorena/Franklin was a classic.  I know Franklin went up by 14 twice, but Lorena came back both times.  Looks like they had a chance to tie it at the end with a 1st and goal (???) at the 3 but fumbled with less than a minute to go and somehow Franklin got another TD. 

3. Shallowater with what was the biggest shocker of the night.  They were up big a good portion of that game and came away with a 2-score win.  Bushland was favored by 4 TDs.  

Edited by Yoe09

Guest Tiger03lb

Imo, I'd switch up edna with Lorena and maybe even putting edna at the 10 spot. 

I wasn't to big on Bushland. I knew they had a good team but who've they played hasn't really had a big impact.

Now the scores of that game and west/gv game did surprise me. West just dominated each phase. 

09, your rankings are looking better each week while others are slipping.

As for Yoe, they look undisciplined at times making a lot of personal fouls, defensive secondary lapses and silly mistakes not to mention dropped balls! I counted at least 21 points in dropped touchdowns. They are very talented and fast but they’ll have to play smart to beat Franklin.

The bright spot is the QB. This guy was throwing darts last night and he is an exciting runner.

No doubt the talent is hear to win it all but will inexperience be a road block???

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

Notes:

1. Nice win for West.  To beat Grandview by 3 scores definitely solidifies their top 10 ranking.   

2. It sounds like Lorena/Franklin was a classic.  I know Franklin went up by 14 twice, but Lorena came back both times.  Looks like they had a chance to tie it at the end with a 1st and goal (???) at the 3 but fumbled with less than a minute to go and somehow Franklin got another TD. 

3. Shallowater with what was the biggest shocker of the night.  They were up big a good portion of that game and came away with a 2-score win.  Bushland was favored by 4 TDs.  

Franklin forced a turnover at the 12 yard line... Lorena still had 3 timeouts so Franklin needed a 1st down or Lorena would have got the ball back. Instead of a first down Franklin bust open a 88 yard td to ice the game.

The Yoemen’s QB would easily be a D1 recruit if he was 6-1 instead of 5-8.   That kid is deadly accurate and has great velocity on his passes.  It doesn’t hurt that he has a slew of skilled position kids to throw to. 
I understand Brock had a few starters out Friday night but still found a way to win. 
Lorena is a very good team any other district they would be dominating.  Lorena is a top 10 team. 

On 10/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, Yoe09 said:

Notes:

Shallowater ran 2 backs and gouged them up the middle. The version of the 10-1 they run is great against stopping spread teams from throwing, but not so much against the run. 

I know when we played them we moved the ball fine once we switched to the wing T/power setup. Spotting them 21 off of turnovers in the first 6 min was too much to overcome. 

I think they can make some noise in the playoffs, but a dominant run game (i.e. Franklin), will be their downfall.