Mexia vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia vs Malakoff   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb

The blackcats travel to tiger stadium Friday at 730 pm to take on the tigers. 

Mexia comes off a win from Kemp and koff had a bye week. I think Malakoff should win this by 21+ if we come out firing and don't let the bye week get to us. If we come out sluggish, I could see a similar game like the one we played against Teague. Mexia has been a unpredictable team each week. They got the players to score and have been up in games by 2 to 3 scores. Imo, I really don't think Mexia can win this game, as they are trying to win for which playoff spot. They'll need some help from koff and Teague to secure a spot in week 11. 

The last two games koff had won. I don't remember the series record. I'm sure sportsed can fill us in. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, Tiger03lb said:

The blackcats travel to tiger stadium Friday at 730 pm to take on the tigers. 

Mexia comes off a win from Kemp and koff had a bye week. I think Malakoff should win this by 21+ if we come out firing and don't let the bye week get to us. If we come out sluggish, I could see a similar game like the one we played against Teague. Mexia has been a unpredictable team each week. They got the players to score and have been up in games by 2 to 3 scores. Imo, I really don't think Mexia can win this game, as they are trying to win for which playoff spot. They'll need some help from koff and Teague to secure a spot in week 11. 

The last two games koff had won. I don't remember the series record. I'm sure sportsed can fill us in. 

Tiger, you are right about Mexia rooting for Malakoff and Teague. LOL.Teague controls their own fate and if they beat Kemp and Fairfield, they secure the 2nd spot regardless of what the other teams do. 
The Blackcats will definitely pass the eye test when they get to Tiger field. They could play y’all tough for a little while but Koff will prevail. The bye week is good to get healthy but most come out rusty and takes a quarter or two to get back in the grove. Going to be an interesting two weeks in 8 3A. 

54 minutes ago, player73 said:

Tiger, you are right about Mexia rooting for Malakoff and Teague. LOL.Teague controls their own fate and if they beat Kemp and Fairfield, they secure the 2nd spot regardless of what the other teams do. 
The Blackcats will definitely pass the eye test when they get to Tiger field. They could play y’all tough for a little while but Koff will prevail. The bye week is good to get healthy but most come out rusty and takes a quarter or two to get back in the grove. Going to be an interesting two weeks in 8 3A. 

I agree here Mexia passes the eye test and athlete test if they could ever play a full mistake free ball game they would be one of the toughest teams in the state with their athlete all over the field but Mexia hasnt been that type team in a very long time.

koff by 20

Guest Tiger03lb
50 minutes ago, player73 said:

Kinda weird as they don't like either teams. Lol. 

I don't know what to think about the game with Fairfield and you guys. I think they've found some more life with Barrett at rb but they are as unpredictable as Mexia. They got a couple of good defensive players as well. Y'alls game was a fun one to watch last week. 

That's the problem we've been having this season. Would like to see more consistency starting off each week, rather than the qtr or 2 to get it going. 

Guest Tiger03lb
54 minutes ago, SptsEd said:

Tigers lead the series 2-0, having won 48-10 in 2018 and 17-14 in 2019.

Thank you sir. I thought it was just two games but was questioning it. Lol. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia received the kickoff to begin the first half. 

Mexia got a illegal block on kickoff and began on the 7 yd. Mexia went 3 and out and had a bad punt to the 20. 

Koff drove the ball in from the 20 on two plays for a td. Tennison with a 10 yd run and #5 Jackson with a 10 yd td run. 

7-0 koff

1st with 1026

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia had a 3 and out with a long punt.

Koff drove it down the field to the 30, had a lost for 5 on a run and then a fumble. Fg attempt of 43 yds was a couple of yds short

Mexia drove it down the field a little and went for 4 and out

Koff on a 3 play drive for 60/70 yds

Jones to #25 for a 48 yd td catch and run

14-0 koff

26 sexonds left in the 1st

Koff has came out like they normally do. Glad to see that. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia went another 3 and out

Koff with a 70 yd drive with #3 Phillips with a 13 yd jet sweep for a td, clock eating drive

21-0 koff

424 left in the half

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia 3 and out

Koff with a 60 yd drive with a 3 yd td catch to massingall 

Pat no good

27-0 koff

30 seconds left in the half

Guest Tiger03lb

Int by hogg #2 with 19 seconds left

Koff with a fg attempt of 42 and short about 5 yds as time expires. 

27-0 koff half

Guest Tiger03lb

Final 55-13

Great game by the tigers tonight. Glad I was able to see this game in person. Came out at the beginning of the game firing on all cylinders as Mexia has the athletes to score at any time. 

Mexia came back out in the second half with more energy and surprised koff with a onside kick and then the next play with a great deep pass and catch in double coverage for a td, with the qb under heavy pressure at that. Koff started off a little flat in the second half but came out of it quickly. Started mixing in second string mid 3rd. Mexia scored on a mid long run in the 4th. 

This is what we needed to get ready for the playoffs and it showed last night. Great game tigers and even better game plan to the coaches, having them ready. 

If we play like we did last night the rest of the way, we'll be tough to beat. Can't wait till the playoffs. 

34 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Final 55-13

Great game by the tigers tonight. Glad I was able to see this game in person. Came out at the beginning of the game firing on all cylinders as Mexia has the athletes to score at any time. 

Mexia came back out in the second half with more energy and surprised koff with a onside kick and then the next play with a great deep pass and catch in double coverage for a td, with the qb under heavy pressure at that. Koff started off a little flat in the second half but came out of it quickly. Started mixing in second string mid 3rd. Mexia scored on a mid long run in the 4th. 

This is what we needed to get ready for the playoffs and it showed last night. Great game tigers and even better game plan to the coaches, having them ready. 

If we play like we did last night the rest of the way, we'll be tough to beat. Can't wait till the playoffs. 

Koff was well prepared and focused. 

Guest Tiger03lb
25 minutes ago, player73 said:

Koff was well prepared and focused. 

Yes they were. Good luck tonight and try to stay dry. Lol. 

Guest Tiger03lb

I will say that Mexia's freshman rb will be a hoss in a few years. That kid looked about 205/215 already. Real hard runner and had decent speed. 

If Mexia ever gets a coach that can put together all that talent and make it work, they would be very tough.