Early playoff predictions for 2A division 1 region 3!

corrigancamden09

What’s y’all think?! 
it’s pretty much a lock that CC or centerville will win district 12 ,  with the loser getting 2nd seed … 

west Hardin might get 3rd..  and Leon 4th..  but 3rd and 4th isn’t a lock quite yet… 

timpson .. Joaquin.. garrison.. shelbyville

thats how the seeding should go! 

CC and centerville will face either shelbyville or garrison in the first round …   Depending on how our week 10 district championship match up goes!     

District 9 should finish 1. Cooper, 2. Honey Grove, 3. Wolfe City 4. Rivercrest/AG

District 10. 1. Beckville 2. Frankston 3. Harleton 4. Hawkins/Big Sandy

Beckville, Cooper, HG should advance to second round. WC vs Frankston a toss-up. WC probably wins if their QB is back by then.

3 hours ago, PurpleEagles04 said:

I believe both 1st and 2nd place teams from each district should win and split 2-2

I agree with this. Garrison’s Achilles has been inconsistency. If the right team shows up for them, they could give CC/ Centerville a game. I’m not sold on Shelbyville in that 4 spot. I think West Sabine might slip up on them in week 11. Regardless, I don’t see either of them matching up well with the D12 champ. 

13 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

District 9 should finish 1. Cooper, 2. Honey Grove, 3. Wolfe City 4. Rivercrest/AG

District 10. 1. Beckville 2. Frankston 3. Harleton 4. Hawkins/Big Sandy

Beckville, Cooper, HG should advance to second round. WC vs Frankston a toss-up. WC probably wins if their QB is back by then.

I agree with this one as well. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree with this. Garrison’s Achilles has been inconsistency. If the right team shows up for them, they could give CC/ Centerville a game. I’m not sold on Shelbyville in that 4 spot. I think West Sabine might slip up on them in week 11. Regardless, I don’t see either of them matching up well with the D12 champ. 

Me too man WS can do it if they show up to play! Garrison looks decent from the tape I've seen but that loss to Warren Makes me scratch my head lol

Just now, GATA18 said:

Me too man WS can do it if they show up to play! Garrison looks decent from the tape I've seen but that loss to Warren Makes me scratch my head lol

And i do agree WS or Shelbyville won't stand much of a chance but they won't be big time sleepers like we've seen all through district so far 

1 minute ago, GATA18 said:

I haven't done a ton of studying on D9 or D10. But I believe D12 will be 1.CC 2.Centerville 3.WH 4.Leon. And D11 1.Timpson 2.Joaquin 3. Garrison 4. Shelbyville/West Sabine 

To me region 3 seems to be tougher than 4 this year! 
although I believe Refugio won’t be no easy match for the winner of 3 ….  Shiner and Refugio should meet again in the playoffs… but something tells me the bobcats want revenge for the past 2 years ! 

34 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

To me region 3 seems to be tougher than 4 this year! 
although I believe Refugio won’t be no easy match for the winner of 3 ….  Shiner and Refugio should meet again in the playoffs… but something tells me the bobcats want revenge for the past 2 years ! 

Region 3 ain't no slouch that's for sure man. Us,Centerville, Timpson,Joaquin, Beckville, a ton of heavy hitters for sure. Cooper will take D9 but I really don't think they're anything upside the teams I previously listed. Now cooper ain't bad by no stretch but to me they're not near as loaded and athletic as who I listed. And I'm sure Refugio is out for blood man but mark my words Shiner is gonna remember last night come playoffs! Ton of great ball left to be played man 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GATA18 said:

Region 3 ain't no slouch that's for sure man. Us,Centerville, Timpson,Joaquin, Beckville, a ton of heavy hitters for sure. Cooper will take D9 but I really don't think they're anything upside the teams I previously listed. Now cooper ain't bad by no stretch but to me they're not near as loaded and athletic as who I listed. And I'm sure Refugio is out for blood man but mark my words Shiner is gonna remember last night come playoffs! Ton of great ball left to be played man 

You and I both know it’s hard to beat a team twice… 😂

CC has been on the good and bad end of that a few times over the years…. 

2 hours ago, GATA18 said:

http://calpreps.com/2022/ratings/Texas_division.htm#2A-1

Cooper has alot of Talent. To me their resume is better than CC and right there with all the other top teams in Region 3. Collinsville probably wins their very tough district in 1A-D2 over Santo, Muenster, and Celeste. 3A Hooks will battle Dekalb for the District Champship. 3A Grand Saline upset Edgewood and nearly beat West Rusk. Their 36-8 win over Honey Grove was very impressive too.

Screenshot_20221022-192800_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221022-193354_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221022_194714_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Cooper has alot of Talent. To me their resume is better than CC and right there with all the other top teams in Region 3. Collinsville probably wins their very tough district in 1A-D2 over Santo, Muenster, and Celeste. 3A Hooks will battle Dekalb for the District Champship. 3A Grand Saline upset Edgewood and nearly beat West Rusk. Their 36-8 win over Honey Grove was very impressive too.

Maybe we’ll get a chance to see who’s better out of CC and cooper ..  

i don’t put too much into looking at competition and score comparisons…

look at what happened with Joaquin and timpson last night….  
 Timpson has done beaten beckcville very badly this year ….  Then beckcville beat Joaquin…. The the team that only lost to timpson by 3 points last night…

forget who both teams have played…. Let’s just line up on the field and see!

Edited by corrigancamden09
  • Thanks 1

Cooper is pretty dang athletic & got some speed & should not be overlooked. I think trueblue82 has said it in a previous post on another thread, that Timpson is the favorite in region 3 & then there is several really good teams that can beat each other on any given night in CC, Centerville, Joaquin, Beckville & Cooper. 

Edited by Bulldognation1

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

#1 CC will beat Centerville. #2 Garrison might hang with Centerville, but they will not hang with CC. CC will be the only "?" for Timpson in the region. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Cooper is pretty dang athletic & got some speed & should not be overlooked. I think trueblue82 has said it in a previous post on another thread, that Timpson is the favorite in region 3 & then there is several really good teams that can beat each other on any given night night in CC, Centerville, Joaquin, Beckville & Cooper. 

It’s my belief that every game is all about matchups. I don’t think anyone can afford to overlook anyone. You better be locked in every week because if you slip up and lose one you “shouldn’t” you’ll be thinking about it for a long time. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

#1 CC will beat Centerville. #2 Garrison might hang with Centerville, but they will not hang with CC. CC will be the only "?" for Timpson in the region. 

I’m not sure that’s the case. Timpson had to play their tails off to get a win last night. And it wasn’t against CC. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

I’m not sure that’s the case. Timpson had to play their tails off to get a win last night. And it wasn’t against CC. 

I suspect Timpson will win by 3 TDs if they play again. But credit is due to Joaquin for the effort. Everyone would have been pulling for them in the upset for sure. 

Just now, 89Falcon said:

I suspect Timpson will win by 3 TDs if they play again. But credit is due to Joaquin for the effort. Everyone would have been pulling for them in the upset for sure. 

Did you have a point spread prediction for last night’s game? Because there were plenty of those “Timpson by as many as they want” posts in that thread. 

On 10/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, 89Falcon said:

Pretty bold statement for someone who hasn't played anybody even remotely close to Timpsons level 

Edited by yourteamstinks
  • SMH 1

On 10/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, HornetSenior said:

Again. not saying Cooper is bad but we all know that nobody in D9 has the speed and athleticism as Beastexas D10,11 and 12. With Cooper beating HG I don't believe the CC V. Cooper matchup is going to happen. We should beat centerville and get WS/Shelbyville in the 1st and HG in the 2nd. Cooper will be eliminated before any other chance of playing again

7 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

Pretty bold statement for someone who hasn't played anybody even remotely close to Timpsons level 

We may not have played anyone quite on Timpsons level but the rumor that CC has played nothing but trash doormat teams is false. Buna, Kirbyville, and Coldspring are all 3a-1 schools. You can't look at their records and determine what kind of matchup it was for CC. Yes . Buna and Kirbyville haven't fared very well this year, they are in that always tough Beaumont area district with teams like EC,Anahuac Etc. so yes they've been beaten quite a bit. BUT you throw either of those two in 2a-1 then they're right up there in the conversation with CC, Timpson. Joaquin, Centerville Etc. you can take that to the bank. And Coldspring will probably take 3 seed in that tough 3a-1 district that they are in. All in all these 3 teams in 2a-1 would be dominating just like the teams mentioned. Now yes aside from these 3 teams CC hasn't had much competition. Just clearing the air on that misconception! 

Edited by GATA18
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

We may not have played anyone quite on Timpsons level but the rumor that CC has played nothing but trash doormat teams is false. Buna, Kirbyville, and Coldspring are all 3a-1 schools. You can't look at their records and determine what kind of matchup it was for CC. Yes . Buna and Kirbyville haven't fared very well this year, they are in that always tough Beaumont area district with teams like EC,Anahuac Etc. so yes they've been beaten quite a bit. BUT you throw either of those two in 2a-1 then they're right up there in the conversation with CC, Timpson. Joaquin, Centerville Etc. you can take that to the bank. And Coldspring will probably take 3 seed in that tough 3a-1 district that they are in. All in all these 3 teams in 2a-1 would be dominating just like the teams mentioned. Now yes aside from these 3 teams CC hasn't had much competition. Just clearing the air on that misconception! 

Well I guess there’s only one way to find out and that is next week!   No offense to CC,  I just think it’s bold for your fans to be talking about how they are the only team that will challenge Timpson like they think they are just gonna walk through the region . 

9 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Well I guess there’s only one way to find out and that is next week!   No offense to CC,  I just think it’s bold for your fans to be talking about how they are the only team that will challenge Timpson like they think they are just gonna walk through the region . 

Nobody from CC has said that my friend 🤣 I dont know what team whoever said that claims lol. I for one know that that there are several dangerous teams out there in the region. Centerville is gonna be a dog fight. Of course Timpson and Joaquin are bad to the bone. Beckville and Cooper are good. Heck you can't really even sleep on Garrison! There's gonna be a lot of good postseason ball played in the region you can bank on that! But yes next week is definitely gonna let us know where CC is really at!

• Thanks 1