Early playoff predictions for 2A division 1 region 3!

corrigancamden09

16 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Well I guess there’s only one way to find out and that is next week!   No offense to CC,  I just think it’s bold for your fans to be talking about how they are the only team that will challenge Timpson like they think they are just gonna walk through the region . 

Let me tell you right now!  Nobody from CC has said that mess … so stop getting on here saying that ! 
And we will see next week !  But I’m sure you’ll have another great observation on CC after that game too..  so it really ain’t no use in arguing with you 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Not from CC and I have been saying the same thing since the beginning of the year. Nothing has changed my mind. 

Appreciate the support brother! But it's too tough to tell. the region is so wide open this year. You got Timpson and Joaquin that are right there neck and neck, you got Beckville who has beat Joaquin but lost to Timpson. Us and Centerville in D12 that's a toss up although I feel we beat Centerville, and Cooper in D9 who is gonna be sort of a wild card to speak, they're good but I don't think they hang with CC,Centerville,Timpson,Joaquin or Beckville so who knows man it seems to be truly anybodys for the taking!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the matchups. Feel free to add dates sites and times as you have them confirmed. I’ll try to put them in the order of the bracket. 

Cooper vs Hawkins 7:00 Thursday at Winnsboro. 

Garrison vs Corrigan-Camden @ Henderson Friday 

Beckville vs Rivercrest @ Longview Thursday 

Joaquin vs Jewett-Leon 7:00 Friday at the Tomato Bowl in Jacksonville. Joaquin is home team. 

Timpson vs Groveton 7:00 Thursday at Jasper. 

Frankston vs Wolfe City 7:00 Thursday at Emory-Rains 

Centerville vs Shelbyville 7:00 Friday at Diboll 

Honey Grove vs Harleton 7:00 Friday at Lone Oak

47 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Here are the matchups. Feel free to add dates sites and times as you have them confirmed. I’ll try to put them in the order of the bracket. 

Cooper vs Hawkins 

Garrison vs Corrigan-Camden @ Henderson Friday 

Beckville vs Rivercrest @ Longview Thursday 

Joaquin vs Jewett-Leon

Timpson vs Groveton 

Frankston vs Wolfe City

Centerville vs Shelbyville 

Honey Grove vs Harleton 

After last night, a Cooper vs. Garrison 2nd round matchup may be more likely than Cooper vs. CC. I don’t mean that as any disrespect towards CC either. Just looks like Garrison may be playing some good football at the right time.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:29 AM, Bulldognation1 said:

After last night, a Cooper vs. Garrison 2nd round matchup may be more likely than Cooper vs. CC. I don’t mean that as any disrespect towards CC either. Just looks like Garrison may be playing some good football at the right time.

Don't sleep on CC yet. They gonna give Garrison a game friday. Centerville was a bad matchup due to style of play. CC is gonna have to learn from that loss and carry into this game against Garrison they to like to pack it in and run it. Now albeit not near as aggressive or physical as Centerville but still very well. Cooper is gonna get a handful either way this game goes for sure!

2 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Don't sleep on CC yet. They gonna give Garrison a game friday. Centerville was a bad matchup due to style of play. CC is gonna have to learn from that loss and carry into this game against Garrison they to like to pack it in and run it. Now albeit not near as aggressive or physical as Centerville but still very well. Cooper is gonna get a handful either way this game goes for sure!

Oh I’m not counting y'all out by no means. It won’t surprise me if CC does win it. I agree Cooper will have a battle on their hands with CC or Garrison.

• Like 1

Ok, bi-district is in the books and only the 1 and 2 seeds are still playing in Region 3. Round 2 shapes up like this: 

District 9 Champion Cooper vs District 12 runner up Corrigan Camden Friday at Bruce Field in Athens. 

District 10 champion Beckville vs District 11 runner up Joaquin Friday at Homer Bryce Stadium on the SFA campus. 

District 11 champion Timpson vs District 10 runner up Frankston Friday at Rusk Eagle Stadium. 

District 12 champion Centerville vs District 9 runner up Honey Grove. Friday night at Van High School. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok, bi-district is in the books and only the 1 and 2 seeds are still playing in Region 3. Round 2 shapes up like this: 

District 9 Champion Cooper vs District 12 runner up Corrigan Camden Friday at Bruce Field in Athens. 

District 10 champion Beckville vs District 11 runner up Joaquin Friday at Homer Bryce Stadium on the SFA campus. 

District 11 champion Timpson vs District 10 runner up Frankston Friday at Rusk Eagle Stadium. 

District 12 champion Centerville vs District 9 runner up Honey Grove. We do not have details on this one yet. 

Cooper 

Beckville 

Timpson 

Centerville 

22 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

District 12 champion Centerville vs District 9 runner up Honey Grove. We do not have details on this one yet. 

Hg/CV are playing in Van Friday

And then there were 4. 
Timpson, Joaquin, Cooper and Centerville win convincingly. Beckville is the first district champion to fall, and Joaquin is the only non-champion still playing in the region. Round 3 brings us Joaquin vs Cooper and Timpson vs Centerville. Slot-T vs Pistol Flexbone and Spread vs Wing-T. I like the variety. Should be two really good games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

And then there were 4. 
Timpson, Joaquin, Cooper and Centerville win convincingly. Beckville is the first district champion to fall, and Joaquin is the only non-champion still playing in the region. Round 3 brings us Joaquin vs Cooper and Timpson vs Centerville. Slot-T vs Pistol Flexbone and Spread vs Wing-T. I like the variety. Should be two really good games. 

Location of Cooper/Joaquin known yet?

4 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Anyone still doubting that little ole team from district 9 can play? Might wanna start rethinking that…

I don’t think anyone doubted that Cooper is good but I also don’t think next week is gonna be a cakewalk for you like a lot of your fans on Facebook seem to think

Edited by yourteamstinks