Early playoff predictions for 2A division 1 region 3!

corrigancamden09

43 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Anyone still doubting that little ole team from district 9 can play? Might wanna start rethinking that…

I'm gonna try to say this without it being disrespectful in any way,Cooper is good and nobody has really thought any different.But they will have to bring it a couple more years before these old salts just throw their name in there every week with the perrinials..it's just kind of a rite of passage you have to earn to get their respek with your name only..most of these teams in reg 3 have literally beat the hell out of each other for decades and earned their respect..jus an old school traditional path of exceptance 🤷‍♂️..Keep pounding people and you'll be an everyday name tossed into the convo every preseason boss...just the way we are.you herd it from ol chain so it must be the truth 👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm gonna try to say this without it being disrespectful in any way,Cooper is good and nobody has really thought any different.But they will have to bring it a couple more years before these old salts just throw their name in there every week with the perrinials..it's just kind of a rite of passage you have to earn to get their respek with your name only..most of these teams in reg 3 have literally beat the hell out of each other for decades and earned their respect..jus an old school traditional path of exceptance 🤷‍♂️..Keep pounding people and you'll be an everyday name tossed into the convo every preseason boss...just the way we are.you herd it from ol chain so it must be the truth 👍

I hear ya buddy, thats fair!

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

If you don't mind me asking who are you referring to as the perennials? I do like to go and compare the histories of said schools to my bulldogs. I am extremely proud of the bulldogs have accomplished this year but I know that there is more to do to get where the community wants to be. Big game this next week for us definitely will not be no easy task.

49 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

If you don't mind me asking who are you referring to as the perennials? I do like to go and compare the histories of said schools to my bulldogs. I am extremely proud of the bulldogs have accomplished this year but I know that there is more to do to get where the community wants to be. Big game this next week for us definitely will not be no easy task.

Are we doing recent (10)years or like (20) and back? In regional semi and finals the same sets have appeared regularly..some will have 2-3 years where they slam people and then have a couple down years and then back up they come....San Augustin had 3 semis back to back to back,think Timpson is working their way back to 3pete Beckville has made a few trips to the semi and regional finals last few years.multip teams have made 3rd round or better last 10-12 years..This is region 3 I'm talking about and only 3, Centerville and Lovelady when they were d 1 under coach therwanger  who now coaches Timpson,they and Carlisle made trips as d1 and now d-2. About 8-9 teams in the mix every year..🤷‍♂️

So we just talking about region 3? We not taking our time in region 2 with the likes of Gunter, Cisco, Crawford, Holiday, Caddo Mills, Celina, Farmersville, Prosper before they grew. A lot of state championship in that list right there. Not saying we are a state powerhouse but we are comparable, especially to most schools the last 20 to even 40 years back most of it spent in modern 3A ranks . Obviously we don't have any state championships to our claim but by no means have the bulldogs been chumps to over look.

4 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

So we just talking about region 3? We not taking our time in region 2 with the likes of Gunter, Cisco, Crawford, Holiday, Caddo Mills, Celina, Farmersville, Prosper before they grew. A lot of state championship in that list right there. Not saying we are a state powerhouse but we are comparable, especially to most schools the last 20 to even 40 years back most of it spent in modern 3A ranks . Obviously we don't have any state championships to our claim but by no means have the bulldogs been chumps to over look.

Yep, Cooper hasn't ever quite been able to get to that elite level but the Dawgs traditionally for the most part have been a good program.

36 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

7 PM on Friday at Tyler Rose Stadium .  

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Yes,because we are in region 3,these guys don't play region 2 unless they get to Jerry's house..but they play each other till week 14 every year 🤷‍♂️

If you were in region 2 most of these dudes wouldn't even know who you were because only one could possibly ever play you unless it was scheduled in pre dist..and for what it's worth I've said many times that some these teams schedule cross regional and look over the fence at possible foes down the line.

4 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yep, Cooper hasn't ever quite been able to get to that elite level but the Dawgs traditionally for the most part have been a good program.

Since 2006, so 15+ years, Cooper is a very average program at about 80-80, throw in this year and their around 92-80.  That's average.  Certainly wouldn't classify them as a good program.  Some very good years mixed in, but missing consistency with too many sub par years.

19 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Since 2006, so 15+ years, Cooper is a very average program at about 80-80, throw in this year and their around 92-80.  That's average.  Certainly wouldn't classify them as a good program.  Some very good years mixed in, but missing consistency with too many sub par years.

As could be said about alot the region 3 "powerhouses" I will agree we had 2 different 3 to 4 year stretches of below .500 play take those multiple 2 and 8 seasons away and we are well above average. 1 subpar year since casto has shown up to bring cooper back to the former standard of the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. And we'll see how high he can carry us moving forward.

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Yes,because we are in region 3,these guys don't play region 2 unless they get to Jerry's house..but they play each other till week 14 every year 🤷‍♂️

If you were in region 2 most of these dudes wouldn't even know who you were because only one could possibly ever play you unless it was scheduled in pre dist..and for what it's worth I've said many times that some these teams schedule cross regional and look over the fence at possible foes down the line.

Just went looking through the UIL archives to look at past state champions in the current 2a classifications got a lot of region 2 state champions maybe region 3 should start paying more attention to region 2. Minus Mart no real region 3 dominance like I thought there would be when we joined the region and people said we were going to get killed. 

20 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Just went looking through the UIL archives to look at past state champions in the current 2a classifications got a lot of region 2 state champions maybe region 3 should start paying more attention to region 2. Minus Mart no real region 3 dominance like I thought there would be when we joined the region and people said we were going to get killed. 

Minus Mart?  That's like saying minus Carthage.  You can't take out the strongest team from the Region because that team is a big part of the reason no one else from the region is getting there.

25 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Yall are doing y’all’s thing 

38 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

As could be said about alot the region 3 "powerhouses" I will agree we had 2 different 3 to 4 year stretches of below .500 play take those multiple 2 and 8 seasons away and we are well above average. 1 subpar year since casto has shown up to bring cooper back to the former standard of the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. And we'll see how high he can carry us moving forward.

Have y’all made it to region before or won region at any point in the last 20 years 

6 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Minus Mart?  That's like saying minus Carthage.  You can't take out the strongest team from the Region because that team is a big part of the reason no one else from the region is getting there.

Don't say the entire region when it's one team is all I'm saying

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Got a lot in common with your opponent. 

Man this is so true — Joaquin is surrounded by greatness on all sides but never had been able to be great themselves (maybe this year is the start of that, still a little magic left in the season)

You got Carthage next door that wins everything, Tenaha next door that have had so many dominant years, Logansport next door that’s a powerhouse Louisiana team, Timpson and garrison right up the road who have shined very brightly before — but old Joe just 3 yards and a pile of dust and have not had that magical run yet. Yet.

This year has a different feel to it and the kicker is, we made so many mistakes against Timpson and Beckville. If that is cleaned up then no one knows what happens. It’s up to the kids now 

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

1970-79: 70-30-3

1980-89: 79-32-1

1990-99: 75-36

2000-09: 56-54

2010-19: 60-50

2020-29: 31-3 (so far)

Maybe not elite, but much better than just average looks like to me 🤷🏻‍♂️