***Week 10: Alto Yellowjackets (5-3 | 2-1) @ Cushing Bearkats (6-2 | 2-1) - Friday | 5:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Cushing  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2022 at 12:00 AM

upullinmychain
This post was recognized by upullinmychain!

"Excellent intro my dude✌️"

StingEmALTO was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

The Alto Yellowjackets will travel to Cushing this Friday to take on the Bearkats; kickoff has been moved up to 5:00 p.m. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE. The Jackets and Bearkats have played a total of 24 times with Alto leading the series 20-4. The last game played between the two was in 2019 with a 61-0 Alto win. The Bearkats’ last win in the series was 24-23 in 1992.

The Mean Sting hung on to defeat Overton 32-29 Friday while the Bearkats defeated Tenaha 23-20 with a field goal as time expired. Both squads are 2-1 in district.

Results for the 2022 season thus far:

Shelbyville 48 - Alto 44
Alto 48 - West Sabine 22
Alto 22 - San Augustine 8
Garrison 28 - Alto 20
Alto 32 - Groveton 20
Alto 46 - Mount Enterprise 34
Tenaha 43 - Alto 42
Alto 32 - Overton 29

Cayuga 32 - Cushing 7
Cushing 34 - Deweyville 12
Cushing 16 - Union Grove 7
Cushing 57 - West Hardin 0
Cushing 23 - Colmesneil 20
Cushing 22 - Overton 15 (OT)
Carlisle 49 - Cushing 20
Cushing 23 - Tenaha 20

ALTO-CUSHING SERIES

All-Time Record for Alto:
     603 wins | 384 losses | 34 ties | 1,021 total games

All-Time Record for Cushing:
     260 wins | 474 losses | 9 ties | 743 total games

All-Time Series Record:
     Alto - 20 wins | Cushing - 4 wins

Alto’s longest winning streak vs. Cushing:
     13 wins in a row (1993-2019)

Cushing’s longest winning streak vs. Alto:
     2 wins in a row (1976-1977)

Current streak:  Alto 13 wins in a row (1993 - now)

Gonna be a battle in Cushing on Friday!  I expect a hard-fought game between both squads. I think our offense will be fine but our defense is going to have to tighten up. Should help getting two (possibly three) of our starters back. Our 3 losses are by a total of 13 points so I know we have it in us. Just have to execute! We know we are in for a fight. Cushing is solid and has proven that this season. Looking forward to this game!

21876E70-EC05-487E-8163-6F8997EB7184.jpeg

Edited by StingEmALTO

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

👍 Awwww man, appreciate it. 

With the wretched hand those seniors have been dealt this year,they deserve to go out in style and with one last ride on that crazy train of highschool football on a Friday night.

So bring it and go large and let them youngsters know how much they are appreciated by the fans...chain out ✌️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 10/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, upullinmychain said:

With the wretched hand those seniors have been dealt this year,they deserve to go out in style and with one last ride on that crazy train of highschool football on a Friday night.

So bring it and go large and let them youngsters know how much they are appreciated by the fans...chain out ✌️

Amen to that brother. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Cushing will need to slow down/contain #23 Mumphrey and be ready for the deep shots.  Bearkats do have some favorable matchups going for them in this game though.

That’s a hard man to contain. He’s been fun to watch. Size and speed and the ability to get into space and just GO. He also runs out with his cousin’s #9 flag so I know he’s playing for more.

I’m sure Coach Moore will have those Kats ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m shocked at seeing that Cushing beat Alto in 1992. That was in the midst of one of those runs where Alto was dominant. 

That was the year before Coach Gamble came. Coach McElroy was there for about 6 months. True story. He was hired after McGallion’s 4 years and stayed a few months; left in January.

Late in the 4th quarter we fumbled going into the end zone. Cushing wins. We lose to Waskom the next week at the old Carthage Stadium and go 6-5 for the season.

How does this work in the grand scheme of things? Alto may win this game but Cushing then stays second place they will beat mount the last game? It sucks that Alto cant make the playoffs cuz they would be 2nd place with the head to head over Cushing and I think Alto gives Carlisle a game. So I'm guessing The final rankings for playoff seeding would be Carlisle, Cushing, Tenaha and Overton. 

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 10: Alto Yellowjackets (5-3 | 2-1) @ Cushing Bearkats (6-2 | 2-1) - Friday | 5:00 p.m.***
  • upullinmychain featured this topic