***Week 10: Alto Yellowjackets (5-3 | 2-1) @ Cushing Bearkats (6-2 | 2-1) - Friday | 5:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Cushing  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

You can take this BS and stick it.  Cushing coach asked his Srs what night they wanted to play and the team unanimously wanted to play in the rain on Friday so that's what he went with.  News flash:  this wasn't the only game being played tonight.  

If you want to blame anybody for taking halves/games away then look at your own people in the admin building.  

Call it what you want. Bottom line is that Cushing will forever and always be the epitome of inhospitable mediocre sons of ________…. you can fill the blank. While i’m still here, I might add that they are even lower than mediocre.

13 minutes ago, MobBlackHole said:

Mob is coming out of the black hole for just a second because he hates seeing his Alto folks act classless like this. Alto won the game. That’s all that should matter. And from my understanding, everyone from Alto should be thanking the Cushing coach. I was told by people high up the chain in admin that he was actually one of the main ones that stood up for alto during the district meeting. This was before the season when everyone in the district was mulling whether to play Alto or not. Without his voice of support, there might have been 5 less games to play. I think folks should be happy with getting to play a half and having a “pseudo win” since these games don’t technically count for anything anyways. Playing Alto was a common courtesy by the district. Instead of bashing, y’all should be thanking every team in the district. Quit acting like a bunch of phony keyboard warriors talking about a man who is one of your own and WENT TO ALTO. Be better.  Sheesh.

Turning out the lights on people trying to put all the equipment up in the rain is inhospitable and classless. You cannot argue that. And he knew what he was doing with the whole placement of game time. Stay in your black hole, Mob.

Edited by nopuntintended

5 minutes ago, nopuntintended said:

Call it what you want. Bottom line is that Cushing will forever and always be the epitome of inhospitable mediocre sons of ________…. you can fill the blank. While i’m still here, I might add that they are even lower than mediocre.

Sorry, I didn't grow up or go to Cushing so I can't comment on them forever and always being "inhospitable SOB's" and whatever else you think of them.  Have a nice day 😊 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MobBlackHole said:

Mob is coming out of the black hole for just a second because he hates seeing his Alto folks act classless like this. Alto won the game. That’s all that should matter. And from my understanding, everyone from Alto should be thanking the Cushing coach. I was told by people high up the chain in admin that he was actually one of the main ones that stood up for alto during the district meeting. This was before the season when everyone in the district was mulling whether to play Alto or not. Without his voice of support, there might have been 5 less games to play. I think folks should be happy with getting to play a half and having a “pseudo win” since these games don’t technically count for anything anyways. Playing Alto was a common courtesy by the district. Instead of bashing, y’all should be thanking every team in the district. Quit acting like a bunch of phony keyboard warriors talking about a man who is one of your own and WENT TO ALTO. Be better.  Sheesh.

I do appreciate the district schools, including Coach Moore. And I know the Cushing folks are happy to have a competitive year. It’s what any program who has struggled wants and when you have some consistency with staff, can get there. So congrats to them and good luck in the future. I also like to see Alto alumni do well. That goes for all of them because I feel like once a Jacket, always a Jacket. It’s a special place to those of us who went to school and wore the black and gold.

Folks are upset about the UIL situation and rightfully so (I’ve been at the head of the line!), but think our team and coaches have done just about as good a job handling the situation as you could.

We’ll enjoy this win now and then focus our attention on our brothers from Carlisle. Winner of that game is the district champ!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

Cushing gone do what Cushing does. And have done since they made the mistake to field a football team.

I remember Joaquin back in the day. 0-10,1-9 season after season until Gandy got hired.  I remember laughing at Joaquin.  I could say more but I’m not!

Edited by Kat77
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kat77 said:

I remember Joaquin back in the day. 0-10,1-9 season after season until Gandy got hired.  I remember laughing at Joaquin.  I could say more but I’m not!

I’ll go a step farther and include 0-40 Carlisle. Everybody laugh at the band school!  Until they hired Rocky Baker.  Coach Moore has Cushing headed in the right direction.  Thanks Coach Moore!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok that’s about enough of the name calling and questioning of character of these two schools and communities. The next post I see playing the blame game or such will result in someone getting a vacation. You have been warned. 

I was letting it go in Hope's of it stopping because of being grown-ups and all,prolly should have stepped in earlier 🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Kat77 said:

You may remember laughing at Joaquin but you'll never laugh again. You can't say the same for me laughing at Cushing can you?

Alto crushes Cushing 30-6; Duplichain scores 3 TD

CUSHING – In a game that was called right after halftime due to a long weather delay, the Alto Yellowjackets earned a big road win over the Cushing Bearkats on Friday night.

The final score was 30-6 in favor of the Mean Sting (6-3, 3-1).

Cushing dropped to 6-3, 2-2 as a result of the loss.

Duplichain, a senior, led Alto in rushing. He carried 11 times for 66 yards and scored a pair of touchdowns.

Duplichain, who was on the receiving end of a 2-yard touchdown strike from Keegan Davis, caught two passes for 42 yards.

Davis went 3-for-4 for 52 yards through the air on the rainy night.

Davis and Landon Cook each came up with nine tackles to fuel the Alto defensive unit. Cook recovered a fumble for the Mean Sting, who close out the season by hosting league-leading and undefeated Price-Carlisle next Friday.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/alto-crushes-cushing-30-6-duplichain-scores-3-td/article_f3e359a4-5743-11ed-95c8-ffd3dace4ae9.html

CCAB767E-5D12-4F0A-979E-781826BB1F68.jpeg

• Love 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:07 PM, Red90fly said:

You can take this BS and stick it.  Cushing coach asked his Srs what night they wanted to play and the team unanimously wanted to play in the rain on Friday so that's what he went with.  News flash:  this wasn't the only game being played tonight.  

If you want to blame anybody for taking halves/games away then look at your own people in the admin building.  

Hide behind "asked his SRs what they wanted"........let kids make a grown ups decision? It impacts more than just the Bearkats (whatever the hell a Bearkat is). 

Cushing could have moved the game (should have, but that is kind of how hindsight works) but chose not to. The least they could do is finish the game. They made the decision, they should have stood by it. 

I get "unsafe conditions". Got to keep the boys healthy to go win their first playoff game in school history! 

They are in the same district for all sports from here on out, should be some fun matchups! 

• Love 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

54 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

Hide behind "asked his SRs what they wanted"........let kids make a grown ups decision? It impacts more than just the Bearkats (whatever the hell a Bearkat is). 

Cushing could have moved the game (should have, but that is kind of how hindsight works) but chose not to. The least they could do is finish the game. They made the decision, they should have stood by it. 

I get "unsafe conditions". Got to keep the boys healthy to go win their first playoff game in school history! 

They are in the same district for all sports from here on out, should be some fun matchups! 

Enough is enough