***Week 10: Alto Yellowjackets (5-3 | 2-1) @ Cushing Bearkats (6-2 | 2-1) - Friday | 5:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Cushing  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2022 at 12:00 AM

15 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Prolly hoping that mushy ground will slow Altos run game down some,can't blame them heck take any advantage you can get..

I would call and offer them Carlisle’s helicopter to dry out the field but I’m sure they would not be interested ! 😂

19 hours ago, GATA18 said:

I hear ya man. They ain't gonna move it up to thursday? Our whole district is gonna be playing tomorrow night!

Lots of folks going to Thursday but we’re not one of them. I think Chain is onto something. Lol

Edited by StingEmALTO

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

We got that bad boy on standby in case the rain makes it here early 👀

Might need it next week. OR maybe WE’LL do that rain dance. Are Injuns the only ones that can do that kind of dance? 😂 

Edited by StingEmALTO

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Might need it next week. OR maybe WE’LL do that rain dance. Are Injuns the only ones that can do that kind of dance? 😂 

Well we don't practice that dancers much anymore because we can actually run And throw the ball now a days...unlike in the past.....lol lol 😂 😂 

Prep Football: Area preview for Week 10

Alto Yellowjackets (5-3, 2-1) at Cushing Bearkats (6-2, 2-1)

7:00 p.m. Friday at J. F. Whitaker Stadium in Cushing

Last Week: Alto 32, Overton 29; Cushing 23, Tenaha 20

Next Week: Price-Carlisle at Alto; Cushing at Mount Enterprise

Game Notes: Former Alto assistant coach & AHS Class of 2003 alumnus Josh Moore has made Bearkat Football relevant again...The Bearkats’ only losses have been to Cayuga and Carlisle, who have a combined record of 15-1… Look for this game to be close and the expected rain could have a big part to play in the final outcome...Given the amount of points that Alto has been able to score this season, it is concerning that Cushing is averaging just 21 points a night in district play.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-area-previews-for-week-10/article_4c0efb80-556c-11ed-a33c-0ff8f8a53f28.html

Edited by StingEmALTO

Area Football: Local teams look to finish strong as regular season winds down

Alto (5-3, 2-1) at Cushing (6-2, 2-1)

Alto got back into the win column last week with a 32-29 victory over the Overton Mustangs, less than a week after falling to Tenaha 43-42.

After that contest, Rashawn Mumphrey now has 136 carries for 1,428 yards and 15 touchdowns. Keegan Davis is next in line with 105 carries for 684 yards and two scores. He’s also 56-of-99 passing for 847 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Last week saw Cushing’s Eddie Davis rushed 24 times for 140 yards and two touchdowns to help lift the Bearkats past the Tenaha Tigers in a 23-20 win, a week after suffering a 49-20 loss on the road against the Carlisle Indians.

Gavin Crumpton added 95 yards on 15 carries. Eli Dawson rushed four times for 46 yards and one touchdown to go along with his 72 passing yards.

Cushing is undefeated at home and looks to finish the season that way on senior night.

Kickoff is slated for Friday at 7 p.m. at Bearkat Stadium in Cushing.

https://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/article_75df4a0d-97a0-51f6-9285-2ae63e289f08.html#tncms-source=login

18 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I would call and offer them Carlisle’s helicopter to dry out the field but I’m sure they would not be interested ! 😂

What's Carlisle's helicopter? Just chain spinning in circles holding fan blades? 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Lambo said:

What's Carlisle's helicopter? Just chain spinning in circles holding fan blades? 🤣🤣🤣

For as long as they used that copter to dry the field I don’t thing Chain’s arms could keep those blades spinning that long! 😂😂😂 Plus he’d be a little loopy-drunk going in those circles for that length of time. REAL helicopter to dry the field. True story. I think it was blue and had a big Indian on the side of it. Maybe Chain was the pilot.  Lol

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

For as long as they used that copter to dry the field I don’t thing Chain’s arms could keep those blades spinning that long! 😂😂😂 Plus he’d be a little loopy-drunk going in those circles for that length of time. REAL helicopter to dry the field. True story. I think it was blue and had a big Indian on the side of it. Maybe Chain was the pilot.  Lol

Ummm...I known him tho 👀..one thing about ol chain,we gots them connects and we know a guy 👀...rusk county version of la Costa Nostra...image.gif

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Hate Cushing didn’t want to play last night… 

You and me both. We tried…. Lol It was a perfect night for football. I went and saw some kids I coached in baseball who play at Timpson and Shelbyville now. The weather couldn’t have been any nicer. 

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah Carlisle really didn't wanna play last night and it showed,Indians were a little sluggish coming out of the blocks...fooled around and let the mustangs get a field goal 👀. Could have cost them the game,had it been a little closer score....wasn't much cushion there anyway..

🤔 70-10? Looks like a lot of cushion to me! 🤣🤣🤣

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 10: Alto Yellowjackets (5-3 | 2-1) @ Cushing Bearkats (6-2 | 2-1) - Friday | 5:00 p.m.***
  • upullinmychain featured this topic