Week 10: Joaquin Rams (6-2, 4-1) at West Sabine Tigers (2-5, 2-2)

trueblue82

Playoff Implications   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Tigers?

• Joaquin Rams
    • West Sabine Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2022 at 12:00 AM

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

trueblue82 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

The Joaquin Rams will close out the regular season on the road Friday night when they travel to Pineland to take on the West Sabine Tigers. The Rams will try to bounce back from their second loss of the season, a slugfest with #1 ranked Timpson that saw the Bears take a 25-22 victory at Ram Stadium. The Tigers are coming off of a bye week with their most recent outing being a loss to Timpson, albeit a bit less competitive with the Bears taking 70-8 victory at John Herbert Aiken Stadium. The teams have 5 common opponents. Both have losses to Timpson, and both own wins over San Augustine (WS 40-34, Joe 57-0) and Grapeland (36-12, 48-8). In addition, the Tigers lost to Tenaha 50-38 in week 1, and the Rams recorded a 56-6 victory over their rivals in Week 3. Garrison beat West Sabine 52-0 in week 5, while the Rams defeated the Bulldogs 34-21 in Week 6. The last time these two teams met resulted in a 42-0 Ram bi-district playoff win at Nacogdoghes. The last time the Rams visited West Sabine, the Tigers came out with a hard fought 28-24 victory. The Rams will want to put this one away early and limit risk of injury to key players. The Tigers are probably more concerned with defeating Shelbyville in week 11, which would put them in the #4 playoff spot. Who gets the W? 

Last night after watching Joaquin in a full game..  I noticed that not only did the rams start out tough as nails … they finished strong!!  Joaquin is in football shape to go the distance!!  I see them beating west Sabine by at least 2 to 3 scores … 

was really impressed with the rams last night!!  Reminded me so much of when CC ran the wing T….. 

Edited by corrigancamden09

36 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The Joaquin Rams will close out the regular season on the road Friday night when they travel to Pineland to take on the West Sabine Tigers. The Rams will try to bounce back from their second loss of the season, a slugfest with #1 ranked Timpson that saw the Bears take a 25-22 victory at Ram Stadium. The Tigers are coming off of a bye week with their most recent outing being a loss to Timpson, albeit a bit less competitive with the Bears taking 70-8 victory at John Herbert Arjun Stadium. The teams have 5 common opponents. Both have losses to Timpson, and both own wins over San Augustine (WS 40-34, Joe 57-0) and Grapeland (36-12, 48-8). In addition, the Tigers lost to Tenaha 50-38 in week 1, and the Rams recorded a 56-6 victory over their rivals in Week 3. Garrison beat West Sabine 52-0 in week 5, while the Rams defeated the Bulldogs 34-21 in Week 6. The last time these two teams met resulted in a 42-0 Ram bi-district playoff win at Nacogdoghes. The last time the Rams visited West Sabine, the Tigers came out with a hard fought 28-24 victory. The Rams will want to put this one away early and limit risk of injury to key players. The Tigers are probably more concerned with defeating Shelbyville in week 11, which would put them in the #4 playoff spot. Who gets the W? 

Who's Arjun? Better take Joe here. They gots defense and plentyorunners.

Edited by Doomer

Hope they don't come out flat after that emotional train wreck Friday night..I'm sure they will win but it might take a few series to get them juices flowing again 🤷‍♂️..games like that timp game can slow ya down for a couple quarters and I'm surely there will be the run of the mill nagging injuries that always come with that type game..

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Hope they don't come out flat after that emotional train wreck Friday night..I'm sure they will win but it might take a few series to get them juices flowing again 🤷‍♂️..games like that timp game can slow ya down for a couple quarters and I'm surely there will be the run of the mill nagging injuries that always come with that type game..

My biggest concern is getting the win and staying injury free. We get a bye in week 11 so we should be able to heal up any bumps and bruises. I get the heebeejeebees going to WS because the last time we played down there (2015), our #1 RB tore an ACL. We’ve avoided the injury bug for the most part this year and I want that to continue. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

My biggest concern is getting the win and staying injury free. We get a bye in week 11 so we should be able to heal up any bumps and bruises. I get the heebeejeebees going to WS because the last time we played down there (2015), our #1 RB tore an ACL. We’ve avoided the injury bug for the most part this year and I want that to continue. 

I hear ya on that 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I would play the backups.  Still will get a 50 point victory. 

Naa karma gives you what you deserve not what you want,you can run but can't hide and you can't duck it forever so might as well embrace what's coming and attack it head on...if it's meant to be its meant to be..players get rusty sitting and continuity has to be maintained, especially with a bye week looming ahead of the rams  

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Any WS guys gonna jump in here? @SAPACK1? I know you still have folks down there in the woods even after you moved to the big city. What about those Tigers?

Ouch!!  Not gonna be good for the Tigers.  I pick on you Joaquin guys from time to time due to a few friendships in Ram Country, but in all honesty Joaquin is very good this year.  I could see the Rams meeting back up with Timpson and that game could go either way.....  WS on the other hand, actually they have done better than I expected this year.  You know even in their down years WS is gonna play hard, those kids just don't give up and give it their all....  That being said..

Joaquin 62

West Sabine 6

On 10/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, trueblue82 said:

The Joaquin Rams will close out the regular season on the road Friday night when they travel to Pineland to take on the West Sabine Tigers. The Rams will try to bounce back from their second loss of the season, a slugfest with #1 ranked Timpson that saw the Bears take a 25-22 victory at Ram Stadium. The Tigers are coming off of a bye week with their most recent outing being a loss to Timpson, albeit a bit less competitive with the Bears taking 70-8 victory at John Herbert Aiken Stadium. The teams have 5 common opponents. Both have losses to Timpson, and both own wins over San Augustine (WS 40-34, Joe 57-0) and Grapeland (36-12, 48-8). In addition, the Tigers lost to Tenaha 50-38 in week 1, and the Rams recorded a 56-6 victory over their rivals in Week 3. Garrison beat West Sabine 52-0 in week 5, while the Rams defeated the Bulldogs 34-21 in Week 6. The last time these two teams met resulted in a 42-0 Ram bi-district playoff win at Nacogdoghes. The last time the Rams visited West Sabine, the Tigers came out with a hard fought 28-24 victory. The Rams will want to put this one away early and limit risk of injury to key players. The Tigers are probably more concerned with defeating Shelbyville in week 11, which would put them in the #4 playoff spot. Who gets the W? 

This is a great read! I think the Rams are too much for West Sabine. Should be put away by halftime.