Franklin vs Cameron  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Franklin
    • Cameron
    • No clue

This poll is closed to new votes

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

lionpride08 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 15 points.

#8 Cameron travels to take on #1 Franklin for the district championship.

#8 Cameron is coming off a win over Rockdale in The Battle of the Bell 47-21.

#1 Franklin is coming in after a 49-35 win over #10 Lorena in Battle of Defending Champs. Who you got?

Edited by lionpride08

Let me start by saying I as a Yoe fan have nothing but respect for the Franklin Lions program.  
This game will come down to who makes the least mistakes.  That includes untimely penalties and turnovers.   If you enjoy seeing 2 completely different offensive schemes on display, this is your game.   The loser will most likely score a minimum of 50 points.   I’m looking forward to this game.  

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

So what's good to eat in Franklin? Haven't been down there in a few years now. 

As the Yoe poster stated above, he hit it spot on. All you can do is enjoy the show. 

This game will be decided by 7 or few points, imo. Don't think there will be a blow out at all. You can argue for each side of who can/or should win but won't be surprised by either of who will win. Hope both teams have a great game and good luck this week. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

As the Yoe poster stated above, he hit it spot on. All you can do is enjoy the show. 

This game will be decided by 7 or few points, imo. Don't think there will be a blow out at all. You can argue for each side of who can/or should win but won't be surprised by either of who will win. Hope both teams have a great game and good luck this week. 

Need to go to New Baden general store to eat. Friday is all you can eat catfish but it will be packed. They also have great burgers

4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

New Baden is solid.  Had the chicken fried steak and was impressed.  Overall, the best place in the Centex area for food is Billy B's Sale Barn Cafe in Groesbeck.  Really good salad bar and you can include it as a side.  

As far as the game goes, we may be looking at the two best offenses in the state.  If Franklin is attempting one or two passes on the night, it means that they're going to be racking up a ton of yards of the ground and scoring on most possessions.  The Lions will run the ball, but it will be up tempo.  Get lined up quick and go is what an effective slot-t is all about.  The Yoemen will want to be balanced out of the spread, but I could see more of an air raid type attack.  

If Cameron plays as they have the last few weeks, Franklin will win this game by a few scores.  If they play up to their capability, it could go either way.  A game in the 50s both ways is probably a good bet.  

Edited by Yoe09

On 10/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, Yoe09 said:

New Baden is solid.  Had the chicken fried steak and was impressed.  Overall, the best place in the Centex area for food is Billy B's Sale Barn Cafe in Groesbeck.  Really good salad bar and you can include it as a side.  

As far as the game goes, we may be looking at the two best offenses in the state.  If Franklin is attempting one or two passes on the night, it means that they're going to be racking up a ton of yards of the ground and scoring on most possessions.  The Lions will run the ball, but it will be up tempo.  Get lined up quick and go is what an effective slot-t is all about.  The Yoemen will want to be balanced out of the spread, but I could see more of an air raid type attack.  

If Cameron plays as they have the last few weeks, Franklin will win this game by a few scores.  If they play up to their capability, it could go either way.  A game in the 50s both ways is probably a good bet.  

This might be accurate statement.

I think Rhoades has the boys ready 

yoe 49

franklin 42

Self inflicted stupid penalties have plagued the Yoemen that last two weeks. They will need to focus like never before and wrap up on their tackling to have a shot. I don't think Franklin can totally stop Cameron's offense either. Too many weapons and speed plus QB is playing lights out.

I agree with everyone that it's going to be a lot of scoring. Rhoades has a history of getting his teams ready for big games. 

I'm going with Yoe. Both teams in the 50's. 

48 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

Self inflicted stupid penalties have plagued the Yoemen that last two weeks. They will need to focus like never before and wrap up on their tackling to have a shot. I don't think Franklin can totally stop Cameron's offense either. Too many weapons and speed plus QB is playing lights out.

I agree with everyone that it's going to be a lot of scoring. Rhoades has a history of getting his teams ready for big games. 

I'm going with Yoe. Both teams in the 50's. 

Both teams have speed and both run the offenses to perfection. I do like Franklin chances with the Slot T. Bellville put up 49 and don't run it near as well as Franklin does or has the backs that Franklin does. Franklin's coach has played in some big games and is 36-3 since taking over. I expect a shoot out but Franklin taking the win at home in the 40's. Franklin's style might not let this one get to the 50's

Edited by lionpride08

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Both teams have speed and both run the offenses to perfection. I do like Franklin chances with the Slot T. Bellville put up 49 and don't run it near as well as Franklin does or has the backs that Franklin does. Franklin's coach has played in some big games and is 36-3 since taking over. I expect a shoot out but Franklin taking the win at home in the 40's. Franklin's style might not let this one get to the 50's

I would take Bellville heads up. 
There isn’t many teams with overall size and talent on both sides of the ball.  Defensively they are one of the better units I have seen in a while. 
They have given up just 65 points in 8 games.  
They definitely would not give up 42 to a 2 win Rockdale team. 

JMO but Yoe had better score 50 if they want to win but again JMO I don’t think their D can slow down the Franklin offense. Don’t underestimate Coach Fannin to get his team up and ready for this game. Definitely going to be a great game. 

Edited by player73

On 10/22/2022 at 7:23 PM, yoenation79 said:

Let me start by saying I as a Yoe fan have nothing but respect for the Franklin Lions program.  
This game will come down to who makes the least mistakes.  That includes untimely penalties and turnovers.   If you enjoy seeing 2 completely different offensive schemes on display, this is your game.   The loser will most likely score a minimum of 50 points.   I’m looking forward to this game.  

So am I. This might just be the game of the year. I have suffered through many losses to my favorite Newton Eagles at the hands of the Yeomen, so I know the intense pride of this team in tough games. Wish I could be there. May the best team win.

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

I would take Bellville heads up. 
There isn’t many teams with overall size and talent on both sides of the ball.  Defensively they are one of the better units I have seen in a while. 
They have given up just 65 points in 8 games.  
They definitely would not give up 42 to a 2 win Rockdale team. 

I think Bellville has a strong defense. But I think Franklin offense is better.

On 10/22/2022 at 4:07 PM, lionpride08 said:

#8 Cameron travels to take on #1 Franklin for the district championship.

#8 Cameron is coming off a win over Rockdale in The Battle of the Bell 47-21.

#1 Franklin is coming in after a 49-35 win over #10 Lorena in Battle of Defending Champs. Who you got?

lion08-Never been to stadium in Franklin. What is the seating capacity on the visitors side? I won't be able to leave early from work and was thinking it might get to standing room only really quick.

27 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

lion08-Never been to stadium in Franklin. What is the seating capacity on the visitors side? I won't be able to leave early from work and was thinking it might get to standing room only really quick.

Yes I believe it will be standing room quickly... probably about the same as Rockdale stand wise. While Rockdale stands are longer ours is taller for vistor stands. But the stadium has a lot of stand room on both sides. Our visitor parking lot is one of the best in 3a so shouldn't have a parking issue