30 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Franklin
    • Cameron
    • No clue

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

What time does your gate open?  
This game is getting a lot of attention.  There is going to be a crowd.   I’m hoping for nice weather.   

It looks like it could be a wet one. 100% chance here all day then 40% chance during the evening.

The Area D YOE Band marching champion alone is gonna take 1 quarter to 1/3rd of those tiny stands..... Gotta invest in some longer stands Franklin!!!  Sheesh!! Halfway kidding, but still....with all that money spent on baseball facilities....you would think Franklin visitors would have enough seats to watch a dang game without 60% having to stand..........Oh well, it's gonna be a damn good game come Friday weather permitting!! 

3 hours ago, Dotot said:

The Area D YOE Band marching champion alone is gonna take 1 quarter to 1/3rd of those tiny stands..... Gotta invest in some longer stands Franklin!!!  Sheesh!! Halfway kidding, but still....with all that money spent on baseball facilities....you would think Franklin visitors would have enough seats to watch a dang game without 60% having to stand..........Oh well, it's gonna be a damn good game come Friday weather permitting!! 

Home field. Advantage. 

4 hours ago, Dotot said:

Yoe stands for visitors are not that big either lol and parking is horrible. As a matter of fact the capacity of both Cameron and Franklin is 3,671 for total seating.

Edited by lionpride08

Guest Tiger03lb
19 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

It looks like it could be a wet one. 100% chance here all day then 40% chance during the evening.

Maybe there'll be sitting room now. Lol

38 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Weather as of right now for Friday's game.

Screenshot_20221027-091945_KBTX Weather.jpg

With their style of offense, Franklin has to be loving the forecast. I wonder if Yoe are going to stay more on the ground?

Its an hour and 35 minute drive and normally I would not want to stand in the rain all night and prefer to stay home, dry and stream on TV...... BUT I'm afraid I'll miss an Instant Classic. Time to put on the raincoat! 

9 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

With their style of offense, Franklin has to be loving the forecast. I wonder if Yoe are going to stay more on the ground?

Its an hour and 35 minute drive and normally I would not want to stand in the rain all night and prefer to stay home, dry and stream on TV...... BUT I'm afraid I'll miss an Instant Classic. Time to put on the raincoat! 

There is no question that rain would be a huge factor and would certainly favor Franklin.  Cameron runs a total of 3 formations, all out of the gun.  No tight ends, no heavy packages.  

16 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Yoe stands for visitors are not that big either lol and parking is horrible. As a matter of fact the capacity of both Cameron and Franklin is 3,671 for total seating.

You're correct. The only two stadiums in the district that have good seating would be McGregor and Lorena.  Academy is awful and they need a major overhaul of all of their athletic facilities.  The thing I personally don't like about Franklin is how the stands were built.  Capacity is fine.  You can be on the top row and not have much of a different viewing angle from someone on the bottom row.

I personally feel like Madisonville did it exactly how it should be done.  Crockett is also nice.  I haven't been to Teague, but it also looks nice. Rockdale completely balked on their stadium design.  Groesbeck has always been one of my favorite small school stadiums.  Quirky and unique.  

Edited by Yoe09
  • Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

There is no question you're correct. The only two stadiums in the district that have good seating would be McGregor and Lorena.  Academy is awful and they need a major overhaul of all of their athletic facilities.  The thing I personally don't like about Franklin is how the stands were built.  Capacity is fine.  You can be on the top row and not have much of a different viewing angle from someone on the bottom row.

I personally feel like Madisonville did it exactly how it should be done.  Crockett is also nice.  I haven't been to Teague, but it also looks nice. Rockdale completely balked on their stadium design.  Groesbeck has always been one of my favorite small school stadiums.  Quirky and unique.  

Teague's isn't bad at all. 

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

There is no question you're correct. The only two stadiums in the district that have good seating would be McGregor and Lorena.  Academy is awful and they need a major overhaul of all of their athletic facilities.  The thing I personally don't like about Franklin is how the stands were built.  Capacity is fine.  You can be on the top row and not have much of a different viewing angle from someone on the bottom row.

I like Groesbeck stadium for small schools as well... the design is nice. But idk why people want the visitor stands so big. Most of the time they don't fill up and you still want home field advantage

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I like Groesbeck stadium for small schools as well... the design is nice. But idk why people want the visitor stands so big. Most of the time they don't fill up and you still want home field advantage

Well when yall have as much fans show up to this game like that one year when you couldnt fit another person anywhere in franklin thats when your like yup need bigger stands.

Franklin has the money lol

6 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

I agree, Lorena did it right with the visitors stands. But they were also 4A at one time. McGregor thought they'd grow more being so close to Waco. 

I haven't been this excited about a game since we played Malakoff in 2016. 

Lorena vistor side used to be the home side. That is why it's so big.

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Well when yall have as much fans show up to this game like that one year when you couldnt fit another person anywhere in franklin thats when your like yup need bigger stands.

Franklin has the money lol

We have plenty of standing room. That one year we had people standing on the home side as well. Was told close to 7,000 showed up for that one year. That means we would have to double the stadium size to fit everyone in a seat.