Carthage versus Van

cowboyandchrist

Carthage @ Van  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Van had 8 yards rushing and 56 yards passing for the game.

Good win Dawgs on a nasty night.

Rest up and get ready for the run you been working so hard for.

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans.

Safe travels home.

When is the last time Carthage had a punt blocked, an XP blocked, and had a safety in the same game?

20 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Congrats to Carthage.

Seems like a dang good team even by Carthage standards.

Tell us Carthage faithful, where does this 2022 Bulldog team rank right now in the current era?

Ask that question after the 3rd playoff game……lol. 

16 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Congrats to Carthage.

Seems like a dang good team even by Carthage standards.

Tell us Carthage faithful, where does this 2022 Bulldog team rank right now in the current era?

They have the potential to be in the top 3 or 4…but it all depends on what they do from here.

I think the 2008, 2017, 2019, and 2020 teams rank at the top. The 2008 team, the first state championship team, probably didn’t have the defense the others did (including this year’s), but they had Dwight Smith at RB, and he was unstoppable. Keaontay Ingram was the RB on the 2016 & 2017 state champions, and he is now in the NFL. The 2019 & 2020 teams had O-lines that averaged close to 300 pounds per man. 

Arguments can -and probably will - be made for others.

After watching their game tonight (and I know I'll get crucified for this but...) they don't have the best coaches.  They have an embarrassment of riches! They have more "dudes" and personell on their coaching staff,  and equipment than anyone in the state! The sheer number of coaches and move-ins they get is just ridiculous! They are very well coached,  but I can't say Surratt is the best because he plays with such a stacked hand.  The money flowing through the Carthage program is an advantage whether folks want to admit it or not.  That said, those jokers can play some ball!!! They will win the ship this year,  EASY!! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

After watching their game tonight (and I know I'll get crucified for this but...) they don't have the best coaches.  They have an embarrassment of riches! They have more "dudes" and personell on their coaching staff,  and equipment than anyone in the state! The sheer number of coaches and move-ins they get is just ridiculous! They are very well coached,  but I can't say Surratt is the best because he plays with such a stacked hand.  The money flowing through the Carthage program is an advantage whether folks want to admit it or not.  That said, those jokers can play some ball!!! They will win the ship this year,  EASY!! 

LoL - so bitter 

6 hours ago, trashyhound said:

The one thing SS didn’t stop from happening I didn’t agree with was the fake punt and then punt.

I will just respectfully disagree with your opinion we don’t have the best coach(es) and hope you are correct in saying we’ll win state this year.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The one thing SS didn’t stop from happening I didn’t agree with was the fake punt and then punt.

I will just respectfully disagree with your opinion we don’t have the best coach(es) and hope you are correct in saying we’ll win state this year.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

I shouldn't had worded it the way I did.  I'll rephrase

They are well coached,  but It's hard to know just how good the coaches really are.  It's hard to see how good a coach is when they win the talent / coaching numbers and money competition against every school they play.  Carthage doesn't play many opponents with more talent than them.  

If Surratt went to Bullard or Canton and had the same success then it would be more obvious,  but as it stands almost every coach he plays would trade rosters with him,  and that's a huge advantage.