Garrison (6-2, 3-1) @ San Augustine (0-8, 0-4)

The Wolf Den

Garrison @ San Augustine   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's not unusual for the 3rd and 4th place teams in our district to go a couple of rounds deep ... in fact, it happens more often than you would think .... 

Normally.  But the district isn’t as stout this year.  

Whenever SA has been beaten down it was against teams you’d expect. Hemphill (who’s having their best year), both the 1 and 2 seed of the district, and a 7-2 3A team in Anahuac. Every other game has been decided within 14 points. I’m not yet sure if it’ll be another week of seeing my team get trounced or if we will be competitive.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, scd708 said:

Surely this will be Barnes last year with the reigns.  He was a terrible choice to start with and he's proved that in the last couple of years.  Head scratcher for sure when the board hired him unless this was their plan.  I've been confused ever since it was announced.

You sound like you know a lot. Perhaps Murr left because he knew the cupboard was bare? No coach could win with the talent level that Barnes has had to work with. Go ahead and mark it down now, "the team will jump forward next year, and the next three years will see SA contending for R3 again". Once the 7th, 8th, 9th grades become 9th-11th graders, the coaching staff will look like they suddenly "know how to coach again". 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:35 PM, THEHARDWAY said:

What has happened in SA? Is it just a few down classes, coaching, all of the above? I’m not trying to troll, just curious. They went from a solid, consisten R3 threat to bottom very quick.

I agree 2A is better and more fun when SA is in contention, but to classify them as a 'solid, consistent R3 threat'???  I'm pretty sure that would be a stretch.  Since 2010, they've had a short run of three real good years and two other decent years, going 90-64 (58% wins), with 6 of the 13 years winning half or less of their games.  If you go back another 5 years from that, it's even worse.

2022 = 0-8;  2021 = 1-9; 2020 = 3-5; 2019 = 14-1; 2018 = 13-3; 2017 = 14-1; 2016 = 8-5; 2015 = 6-6; 2014 = 6-6; 2013 = 5-7; 2012 = 9-3; 2011 = 8-3; 2010 = 3-7

I'm hoping they can get it going again soon.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, KirtFalcon said:

It's stouter than most 2A DI districts ... just becase SA has gotten drubbed every game this year doesn’t mean the whole district is weak ....

Garrison will be bounced first game.  So will west Sabine. 

• SMH 1