Most memorable games?

Lambo

The year Carlisle played Centerville for regional in palastine 

We had led the whole first half and it started raining and we couldn't catch a pass,but held Cville off till the last minute or two and held them to third and long,everbody was screaming watch that tight end for a pass,so we covered a 9 ft 8inch 250 pound TE with a 5'5" dback and they threw the pass and he latched on to his belt and flopped like a dish rag for forty yards down the field...they scored and you know 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

We had led the whole first half and it started raining and we couldn't catch a pass,but held Cville off till the last minute or two and held them to third and long,everbody was screaming watch that tight end for a pass,so we covered a 9 ft 8inch 250 pound TE with a 5'5" dback and they threw the pass and he latched on to his belt and flopped like a dish rag for forty yards down the field...they scored and you know 🤷‍♂️

I was at that game and it was a great one I think Carlisle had the better team. But what I remember most was that tall kid literally dribbled the football while running down the field 

11 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I was at that game and it was a great one I think Carlisle had the better team. But what I remember most was that tall kid literally dribbled the football while running down the field 

OH hell I had forgotten about that,how do you forget something like that...lol 

1997 Logansport at Tenaha. Logansport consistantly gained huge leads but THS reeled them back in. Players on the Tigers teams that played both ways just had to do what they had to do to get a break including faking a injury and getting down on both knees in the huddle to take the slightest of breaks. Tenaha scored at the final buzzer and had a chance to tie the game with a 2pt conversion. McCallister scrambled and threw a dart which only his guy had a chance to bring down. Ball barely skipped off his fingers and out of bounds. Tenaha Tigers fell to the LHS Tigers, if I remember right, by a 61-59 score.

• Like 1

12 Overtime game we broadcasted in 2010 vs. Nac. 84-81 JAX win. Still a national record. Made national news. Game was over at 12:50 am. My biggest memory is how bad I had to pee. 😐😬

Lots of games come to mind I’ve attended. I’ve watched Texas high school football since 1970. How much time do you have?

Edited by Matt
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

How does this years team compare to that one because they were dang good. 

7 hours ago, ramsn03 said:

I remember that San Augustine game well you could feel it happening.  I saw the most amazing showing of leadership that night, it was probably early in the 4th quarter. When Tyler McSwain who was injured at that point in the season gathered many of the players together on the sidelines and talked with them for a good long time. I so wish I knew what he said.  I can't remember if this happened just once ora couple of times.  But what a comeback it was.

You don't wanna know what he said 🤣🤣. Tyler is probably my favorite person I ever played with. I knew at the end of the day if I looked over Tyler would be looking right back at me ready to do whatever it took.

I’d have to say 2020 state semi-final. Lindale against LBJ in Humble. LBJ races out to a 28-7 halftime lead. Truthfully I think most of us felt like “well, it was a good run”. Then the tide changed. We scored to pull within 2 scores. Then, for whatever reason their stud DB decided to try and field a punt close to their end zone. To this day I have no idea why he didn’t just run away. He fumbles it and it goes into the end zone and we recover for a TD. If he just runs away - LBJ goes to state championship. We score again and it’s tied 28-28. Total pandemonium. THEN, their coach decides to Go for it on 4th and 2 at their own 40 With about 2 minutes left. WHAT?! Who does that? We stop them and take ball down to their 3 and kick a field goal with 3 seconds left and LBJ blocks it and returns for a TD to win…… but wait a minute. Offsides - blatantly and several guys. Now our ball on the 1 and we kick it for the win. Lindale a wins 31-28. And they cheap shot our kicker in a very dirty play. Lay him out flat. We decline the personal foul. Lindale wins. Then they cry like girls and blame the refs. It was AWESOME! An incredible game. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, country said:

1983 Daingerfield 51, Gladewater  0

Gladewater was a great team led by a tremondous Coach.

Daingerfield was so dominat in every aspect of the game.

Not sure the undefeated Bears ever made  a 1st down, much less cross midfield

1984 Daingerfield 27, Gladewater  27

Daingerfield vs. Gladewater 1984 (Tyler Rose Stadium)

Quarterfinal playoff game

Daingerfield blocked a kick with 17 seconds remaining to preserve a 27-27 tie.

Daingerfield was declared the winner based on penetrations, six penetrations to Gladewater's five.

Both great games. If I'm not mistaken DC Mitchell blocked that kick in 84. 2010 Tiger vs Cameron Yoe was a good one too. 

• Like 1

2013 Gilmer vs. Kilgore week 11. District championship game, Gilmer was #1 in the state and Kilgore was #3.... both undefeated obviously. 9,300 fans in attendance and TV trucks everywhere.... FSSW desk was there. Kilgore won 34-29 but the most memorable thing was when Traylor let Kilgore score on a ~ 30 yd run inside of 2 minutes in order to have the ball last. Didn't work out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

1997 Logansport at Tenaha. Logansport consistantly gained huge leads but THS reeled them back in. Players on the Tigers teams that played both ways just had to do what they had to do to get a break including faking a injury and getting down on both knees in the huddle to take the slightest of breaks. Tenaha scored at the final buzzer and had a chance to tie the game with a 2pt conversion. McCallister scrambled and threw a dart which only his guy had a chance to bring down. Ball barely skipped off his fingers and out of bounds. Tenaha Tigers fell to the LHS Tigers, if I remember right, by a 61-59 score.

That Tenaha team was absolutely stacked!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I remember that one. I think the only time Chavis came off the field was when Tenaha was kicking off. I think if Coach Jackson had told him to throw the ball then go catch it he would have done it. Kid could barely walk when it was over. He was just spent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I’d have to say 2020 state semi-final. Lindale against LBJ in Humble. LBJ races out to a 28-7 halftime lead. Truthfully I think most of us felt like “well, it was a good run”. Then the tide changed. We scored to pull within 2 scores. Then, for whatever reason their stud DB decided to try and field a punt close to their end zone. To this day I have no idea why he didn’t just run away. He fumbles it and it goes into the end zone and we recover for a TD. If he just runs away - LBJ goes to state championship. We score again and it’s tied 28-28. Total pandemonium. THEN, their coach decides to Go for it on 4th and 2 at their own 40 With about 2 minutes left. WHAT?! Who does that? We stop them and take ball down to their 3 and kick a field goal with 3 seconds left and LBJ blocks it and returns for a TD to win…… but wait a minute. Offsides - blatantly and several guys. Now our ball on the 1 and we kick it for the win. Lindale a wins 31-28. And they cheap shout our kicker in a very dirty play. Lay him out flat. We decline the personal foul. I hLindale wins. Then they cry like girls and blame the refs. It was AWESOME! An incredible game. 

Him fielding that punt reminded me of Aaron Ross fielding that punt inside his own 5, maybe 10 and fumbling vs Katy in maybe the State Championship or semifinal? I can't remember, was in JH I think lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

I was there at Lobo. I remember people missing that awesome finish thinking Gladewater had won. That game was packed!

Yeah me and my wife were there too (brother in law played TE for Gilmer). If Mack went in for TD, was over but coaches told him to go down. Gets stuffed on 4th down, then it was the Kris Boyd show that drive to clinch it.

2012 Gilmer Vs Argyle. Argyle had knocked Gilmer out of the playoffs the previous two seasons.  It was very satisfying seeing Gilmer beat them soundly. 

2014 Gilmer Vs Celina. Celina talked a lot of smack before the game. And then Gilmer put 70 on them. Very satisfying. 

those 2 are memorable not b/c they were great games, but great wins.  2012 remains the only time Gilmer has beaten Argyle.

2014 Gilmer Vs Gladewater. I know this game will be one of the most mentioned on here. Instant classic. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

12 Overtime game we broadcasted in 2010 vs. Nac. 84-81 JAX win. Still a national record. Made national news. Game was over at 12:50 am. My biggest memory is how bad I had to pee. 😐😬

Lots of games come to mind I’ve attended. I’ve watched Texas high school football since 1970. How much time do you have?

Watched my first hs football game in 1972,North garland vs south garland I believe it was...

• Like 1

To me, since I was in HS, that '04 state playoff game between Lufkin and Southlake Carroll was memorable because that was the 1st time I had been to a game of the biggest classification of football with my Dad. I think Lufkin jumped out to a lead in 1st half but then Southlake scored something like 30 unanswered but I remember turning to my Dad and sayin' "Dad, are dudes supposed to be that big and that quick?!?" Definitely miss going to games with Dad.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, iRockNewbzz said:

To me, since I was in HS, that '04 state playoff game between Lufkin and Southlake Carroll was memorable because that was the 1st time I had been to a game of the biggest classification of football with my Dad. I think Lufkin jumped out to a lead in 1st half but then Southlake scored something like 30 unanswered but I remember turning to my Dad and sayin' "Dad, are dudes supposed to be that big and that quick?!?" Definitely miss going to games with Dad.

I remember that game. I believe that was Dez Bryant's senior year. SLC won that game 37-30. Great game.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I remember that one. I think the only time Chavis came off the field was when Tenaha was kicking off. I think if Coach Jackson had told him to throw the ball then go catch it he would have done it. Kid could barely walk when it was over. He was just spent. 

Best game I've ever seen,.

2 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Fantastic game. I remember SLC went in with a hefty halftime lead before Lp clawed back. But that Southlake squad was so, so talented.