Friday games being moved

SHillBuckeye

7 hours ago, LOL said:

Sure thing. And after I move the game up, I'll call a few offensive series. Then to top it all off, I'll change the helmets to gold. Easy peasy.  🤣

That wouldn’t be a terrible look. Has Longview ever incorporated that color as the main color? Gold looks better than yellow. Longview comes across as traditionalists.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

That wouldn’t be a terrible look. Has Longview ever incorporated that color as the main color? Gold looks better than yellow. Longview comes across as traditionalists.

Negative.

Yellow didn't even come into play until the merger with Womack. Was a way to bring all the players together etc etc with the race issues.

Longview's traditional colors are just solid green & white. Now a days, we use the yellow trim, and bring the yellow socks in during playoff time.

Though I know other sports use yellow as their main jersey colors (seen it with basketball and volleyball primarily).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

White would look better.

Dude, don't get me started. As much as I'm a traditional fuddy-duddy when it comes Sooners gear, I'm a full-on Oregon wacko when it comes to Lobo alt. uniforms.

I have dozens of design idea. I've got a "blackout" look, icey-whites, a "Womack throwback" concept, and a Baylor-inspired gold helmet look similar to this: 

kz5QLkI.jpeg

Suffice to say, I don't get a vote in the uniform decisions. Nor should I. I'm just a PR flack.  😛 

Just now, LOL said:

Dude, don't get me started. As much as I'm a traditional fuddy-duddy when it comes Sooners gear, I'm a full-on Oregon wacko when it comes to Lobo alt. uniforms.

I have dozens of design idea. I've got a "blackout" look, icey-whites, a "Womack throwback" concept, and a Baylor-inspired gold helmet look similar to this: 

kz5QLkI.jpeg

Suffice to say, I don't get a vote in the uniform decisions. Nor should I. I'm just a PR flack.  😛 

I think it would look better if they just keep what they have and get rid of the yellow. Focus on the green and white. A white helmet with a green jersey and white pants is a good look.

But I am not a Longview person.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

🤦🏼‍♂️ literally amazing how soft we’ve become 

Personally, I see nothing wrong with moving a game to avoid the weather. It's one less thing that won't effect the outcome of the game. Doesn't make anyone soft for doing that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I think it would look better if they just keep what they have and get rid of the yellow. Focus on the green and white. A white helmet with a green jersey and white pants is a good look.

hyXsQEt.gif

Yeahhhh, that would...  not go over well

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with moving a game to avoid the weather. It's one less thing that won't effect the outcome of the game. Doesn't make anyone soft for doing that.

I'm more concerned with the driving. If you've got teams, families, students, etc. on the road and you know bad weather is coming, trying to avoid the deluge is actually a good call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Except as mentioned above when you have to cancel sub-varsity games so that those kids don't get to play.  For a school like Carthage that has a bye the last week of the season, that's canceling the last game of the year.  (To be clear, I haven't heard of Carthage moving the game.  That was a hypothetical.) I could understand if we were expecting terrible storms, but it appears to be just rain according to the forecast.

Hope these kids don't run into rain in a playoff game they can't reschedule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LOL said:

I'm more concerned with the driving. If you've got teams, families, students, etc. on the road and you know bad weather is coming, trying to avoid the deluge is actually a good call. 

...and that too😂

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1