Friday games being moved

SHillBuckeye

Yep,all games should be played outside and on natural grass or mud when weather turns cold and wet.no need to worry about tearing soft tissue or ligaments from ground ripping away and moving because of rain and such...yeah let's man up and getter done ol son..yep we can limit one half of the offense and go back to the power I of yesteryear and live in the glory days of 14-7 football games where defense won championship and not 400 yards passing 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yep,all games should be played outside and on natural grass or mud when weather turns cold and wet.no need to worry about tearing soft tissue or ligaments from ground ripping away and moving because of rain and such...yeah let's man up and getter done ol son..yep we can limit one half of the offense and go back to the power I of yesteryear and live in the glory days of 14-7 football games where defense won championship and not 400 yards passing 🤷‍♂️

Here's something right up your alley, Chain...  there's no rain, but it's the Houston Veer versus a Fullhouse mid-line option. I think there might be three passes thrown the entire game: 

Somewhere in my archives I've got an Overton-Carlisle game from, like, 1983. But sadly it's just on VHS not YouTube. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LOL said:

Here's something right up your alley, Chain...  there's no rain, but it's the Houston Veer versus a Fullhouse mid-line option. I think there might be three passes thrown the entire game: 

Somewhere in my archives I've got an Overton-Carlisle game from, like, 1983. But sadly it's just on VHS not YouTube. 

Yeah,back when chicks dug middle linebackers because they were hard core and maybe just a little rough around the edges...their dad's liked them because they were manly image.gif

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Me - yes, it’s gonna rain and be chilly Friday night! Time to separate the men from the boys! 

my wife - I don’t wanna sit out in the rain and close to 60 degree temps. That doesn’t sound fun. 

some of ya’ll need to sit in the “wives section”…… SMH 

image.png

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

🤦🏼‍♂️ literally amazing how soft we’ve become 

Welcome to the game of liberal football, notice a lot of the softness was not here when everybody did not run the spread. DUH, wonder if there is a connection? ………….Yes I am ole school.

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I'm more concerned with the driving. If you've got teams, families, students, etc. on the road and you know bad weather is coming, trying to avoid the deluge is actually a good call. 

This is it.

No school wants to be the one who has a bus accident because of rain when you could have just moved the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

🤦🏼‍♂️ literally amazing how soft we’ve become 

I think it’s more due to these being actual storms, not just rain. Thunder, lightning and possibly hail is a whole different story. Lots of Senior night festivities for some will probably not happen, not to mention the possibility of lightning delays. Makes sense to move the game up a day if possible to avoid all this. 

• Like 3
  • Prayers 1

I’m all for Sabine moving their game to tomorrow. It’s senior night and I don’t want those kids to miss out on that. Yes they could figure out a way to honor them at a different time, but it wouldn’t be the same. Secondly, our AD asked our band director if they would perform their UIL marching competition (they received all ones) after the game so the coaches, trainers, and football team could watch them since they never get to. If we play Friday the band most likely won’t be there playing. I’ll be at the game regardless of what day it’s played and if it’s raining or not. I’d just hate for us to not be able to celebrate all these kids with it raining. 

I get it though some of y’all only care about the football being played on the field and nothing else. 

• Like 1

Playing in a torrential downpour doesn't just affect game play. The bands typically do not play and not as many fans show up. It isn't as fun of an atmosphere when it rains. I am good with either because I am going to the game no matter, but it just isn't the same.

Its storms not rain...what happens if there's lightning Friday night and they have to come back and play Saturday, which now throws the next week off....

By the way playoff games have been moved for weather before as well....nothing wrong w/being proactive IMO

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I’m all for Sabine moving their game to tomorrow. It’s senior night and I don’t want those kids to miss out on that. Yes they could figure out a way to honor them at a different time, but it wouldn’t be the same. Secondly, our AD asked our band director if they would perform their UIL marching competition (they received all ones) after the game so the coaches, trainers, and football team could watch them since they never get to. If we play Friday the band most likely won’t be there playing. I’ll be at the game regardless of what day it’s played and if it’s raining or not. I’d just hate for us to not be able to celebrate all these kids with it raining. 

I get it though some of y’all only care about the football being played on the field and nothing else. 

I love our band, but I honestly could go without this week lol.

2 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Me - yes, it’s gonna rain and be chilly Friday night! Time to separate the men from the boys! 

my wife - I don’t wanna sit out in the rain and close to 60 degree temps. That doesn’t sound fun. 

some of ya’ll need to sit in the “wives section”…… SMH 

@VerumDixit would fit right in the wives section at White Oak. His mediocre opinions would go over well with a hot chocolate and fresh star bucks amongst the Karen’s. 

42 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I think it’s more due to these being actual storms, not just rain. Thunder, lightning and possibly hail is a whole different story. Lots of Senior night festivities for some will probably not happen, not to mention the possibility of lightning delays. Makes sense to move the game up a day if possible to avoid all this. 

Bingo! 

13 hours ago, LOL said:

Sure thing. And after I move the game up, I'll call a few offensive series. Then to top it all off, I'll change the helmets to gold. Easy peasy.  🤣

Excited to seeing your first few play calls tomorrow.

Longview at Tyler moved to 7 PM, Thursday.

Edited by LoboFan07
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2