Friday games being moved

SHillBuckeye

As a smaller Lineman that reiled on technique and footwork, I hated the mud. A lot of Mud would turn the game into a brawl since no one has good footing. The rain is fine, mud on horrible grass fields sucks. It already rained this week, plus there it is has chance to rain all day Friday and into Saturday morning. Chance for Thunderstorms also which would delay or postpone games.

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Do volleyball and basketball games get moved for same reason?

They usually get moved for predicted ice on the roads.  I agree that unless there is lightning in the area games should be played in the weather conditions that exist...I wouldn't agree to move the game unless it benefited me in some way...passing game, more speed, etc., but would move it in a heartbeat if it helped us win.

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Do volleyball and basketball games get moved for same reason?

After researching through countless years of Lobo basketball, I can confirm...yes. That has happened before, multiple times.

Didn't we see something like this happen with Ennis and Lufkin a few years back?  Game was delayed because of severe weather.... and the game ended up being decided on a coin flip.

I know hurricanes have moved games around...... to avoid cancellations.  

There have been games moved to Saturdays.

I don't see the big deal.

No reason to sit out lightning delays for hours on end..... 

Just move it..... simple solution to keep fans and players safe.

Having been caught out in a severe thunderstorm for a football game before...it aint fun.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Didn't we see something like this happen with Ennis and Lufkin a few years back?  Game was delayed because of severe weather.... and the game ended up being decided on a coin flip.

Yep

https://etsn.fm/lufkin-scores-2-0-win-over-ennis-as-weather-initiates-game-deciding-coin-flip/

Didn't some games get moved to Monday as well at some point due to weather?

If you see a chance to get the game in, especially this close to the post season, get it done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

It’s not the rain. It’s the horrendously long lightning delays that will come with it.

Also, if you’re scheduled to play on a grass field and you’re looking at a possible playoff run, you really want to do everything you can to limit risk of injury. Moving it up a day accomplishes that by eliminating the sloppy surface. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yep

https://etsn.fm/lufkin-scores-2-0-win-over-ennis-as-weather-initiates-game-deciding-coin-flip/

Didn't some games get moved to Monday as well at some point due to weather?

If you see a chance to get the game in, especially this close to the post season, get it done.

If I remember correctly, there were some playoff games in and around the metroplex that got moved to Monday in 2013 due to the incredible ice storm that wreaked havoc in DFW. I got stuck in in Gainesville, TX due to I-35 being closed on my way home from a job in Stillwater, OK. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

If I remember correctly, there were some playoff games in and around the metroplex that got moved to Monday in 2013 due to the incredible ice storm that wreaked havoc in DFW. I got stuck in in Gainesville, TX due to I-35 being closed on my way home from a job in Stillwater, OK. 

2015 also...I remember Everman played Canyon a Monday night in Rd 3 because of ice in Amarillo and Canyon couldnt get out of town