Friday games being moved

SHillBuckeye

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yep

https://etsn.fm/lufkin-scores-2-0-win-over-ennis-as-weather-initiates-game-deciding-coin-flip/

Didn't some games get moved to Monday as well at some point due to weather?

If you see a chance to get the game in, especially this close to the post season, get it done.

On 10/26 in 2015, the week after Cam’ron died, Alto played at Cayuga on a Monday night because of a huge storm. Only game I ever remember Alto playing on a Monday. It was weird. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

SMH 

If it doesn't rain or lightning like they say it will everyone will look dumb. But, if it storms an lightnings from 5pm-11pm this is much better than moving it to Saturday and loose a day on the final week of district which in some districts are gonna be huge. 

52 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

If it doesn't rain or lightning like they say it will everyone will look dumb. But, if it storms an lightnings from 5pm-11pm this is much better than moving it to Saturday and loose a day on the final week of district which in some districts are gonna be huge. 

Not for us it's not, we'll keep it Friday night. 

27 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I can not even begin to relate how happy I am that Longview and Tyler moved that game up to last night.

Seeing pictures of a busload of kids turned over kinda makes a Thursday night road trip in dry weather seem like small potatoes doesn’t it? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Seeing pictures of a busload of kids turned over kinda makes a Thursday night road trip in dry weather seem like small potatoes doesn’t it? 

Yeah, God knows there’s no chance a bus wreck can occur in dry conditions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Yeah, God knows there’s no chance a bus wreck can occur in dry conditions.

Accidents can happen in any weather. You’re talking to a guy who has been on hundreds of accident scenes in every kind of weather imaginable. But you can’t ignore the fact that wet roads raise those chances. Elkhart ISD has already publicly stated that wet roads were a factor in the bus accident this evening. I’m not saying that every school should have moved their games up. I’m saying that the people on here earlier this week calling coaches and administrators and kids “soft” or “afraid of playing in the rain” are looking pretty dang stupid right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Accidents can happen in any weather. You’re talking to a guy who has been on hundreds of accident scenes in every kind of weather imaginable. But you can’t ignore the fact that wet roads raise those chances. Elkhart ISD has already publicly stated that wet roads were a factor in the bus accident this evening. I’m not saying that every school should have moved their games up. I’m saying that the people on here earlier this week calling coaches and administrators and kids “soft” or “afraid of playing in the rain” are looking pretty dang stupid right now. 

Are they? Because 99% of them will be accident free tonight. 
Accidents happen. We don’t schedule our whole lives around weather or we’d never get anything done. People canceled sub-varsity games to live those games like those kids don’t matter. 
I don’t want to see anyone hurt or anyone have accidents, but y’all are being a little ridiculous trying to make the world accident free.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Are they? Because 99% of them will be accident free tonight. 
Accidents happen. We don’t schedule our whole lives around weather or we’d never get anything done. People canceled sub-varsity games to live those games like those kids don’t matter. 
I don’t want to see anyone hurt or anyone have accidents, but y’all are being a little ridiculous trying to make the world accident free.

Most sub varsity games got played on Wednesday. Ours did. No one is trying to make the world accident free. Fact is, far more accidents are caused by human stupidity than by weather. I was simply making the point that the people whining about games getting moved look like real jerks now. Thank you for reinforcing my message. 

• Like 3