Fetterman Exposed in Debate

Hagar

After I posted the above, another poster suggested how a debate between Fetterman and Biden would go.  The thought was to funny.  I’ve never, ever, used “Pay For View”, but for that - heck yes!  It would make one between Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall pale in comparison.

:rofl:

I almost felt sorry for the guy.  Democrats have no shame.  Fetterman and Bido both have obvious mental issues.  What a joke of a party the dimnuts have become.  They are definitely not a serious party. But when you stuff the ballot boxes, I guess it does not matter who you run.

• Thanks 1

I'll be honest, I felt bad for him. I mean set aside his terrible policies, but I find it incredibly sad that the democratic party wheels out this guy knowing good and well he's unfit. 

Same for Biden. His wife should be ashamed of herself to allow him to do the things he does, knowing he clearly show signs of dementia. I've had people in my family with dementia and strokes and it blows my mind how the people around these two guys don't care a lick about them as human beings. And they should be in no position in power in our country. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

And from what one analyzst said this morning, that is the reason that the DNC sent him out this late in the year--to get the sympathy vote. 

Won't work......debates are meaningless.....99% on both sides have already made up their minds and won't be changing.....

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

And from what one analyzst said this morning, that is the reason that the DNC sent him out this late in the year--to get the sympathy vote. 

Which is crazy to me. How do you have the mindset of "he's clearly unfit for the Senate, I should vote for him because I feel bad for him." 

10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Think the man had long established his credentials, then he suffered a stroke that he is recovering from and he is still far more qualified than a TV quack to be a senator. How this is comedy says more about the current state of Trumplicans than anything else. 

Yes, he has established his credentials----in 2018 said he wanted to end fracking--then in debate he "evolved" to saying that he supports fracking. Which is it, or does he say whatever he has to...to get elected...like all politicians. 

30 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Think the man had long established his credentials, then he suffered a stroke that he is recovering from and he is still far more qualified than a TV quack to be a senator. How this is comedy says more about the current state of Trumplicans than anything else. 

I don't think it's amusing at all. I'm not a "Trump Guy", though. Maybe they're different.

What I do think is that, based on my (admittedly limited) knowledge of stroke sufferers, it can take time for the brain to heal and correct after a stroke. I think it's probably wrong of the Pennsylvania Democratic party to continue to have Fetterman campaign after his stroke. Especially given that it does take time to recover cognitively. Fetterman is clearly impaired right now. That's no laughing matter. He is having trouble with auditory processing, and I don't know for sure if he's having trouble forming and communicating his thoughts, either. He seems to, but then again I'm not a professional trained in that area.

That said, here's an article on rehab after a stroke.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/post-stroke-rehabilitation-fact-sheet

Honestly, he really should be off the campaign trail. If nothing else, for his own well-being. You're telling me that the Pennsylvania Democratic Party couldn't find someone else to run in his place after his unfortunate stroke?

Edited by Monte1076
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't think it's amusing at all. I'm not a "Trump Guy", though. Maybe they're different.

What I do think is that, based on my (admittedly limited) knowledge of stroke sufferers, it can take time for the brain to heal and correct after a stroke. I think it's probably wrong of the Pennsylvania Democratic party to continue to have Fetterman campaign after his stroke. Especially given that it does take time to recover cognitively. Fetterman is clearly impaired right now. That's no laughing matter. He is having trouble with auditory processing, and I don't know for sure if he's having trouble forming and communicating his thoughts, either. He seems to, but then again I'm not a professional trained in that area.

Honestly, he really should be off the campaign trail. If nothing else, for his own well-being. You're telling me that the Pennsylvania Democratic Party couldn't find someone else to run in his place after his unfortunate stroke?

Very thoughtful response.  But you spend way too much time responding to a hit and run troll who will not do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Monte, I don't doubt your sincere thoughts and concerns, but I think that this was rightfully left to Fetterman and his people to decide whether or not to continue his campaign, not party officials. He could have also chosen not to debate but he did and should be recognized for his integrity. When he wins, I look forward to his continued recovery and feel comfortable that he will do a commendable job. 

25 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I think that this was rightfully left to Fetterman and his people to decide whether or not to continue his campaign, not party officials.

I can't express the same certainty here that you do. I'm not convinced Fetterman and his people made this decision on their own. And if they did, do you think they should express or show a little more concern for his mental and cognitive health?

Again, I'm not a professional trained in that area, but do you think there's a risk of slower recovery by him continuing to campaign?

He certainly did show up for the debate, but I think a bigger concern, given his current cognitive impairment, is: Will he be able to debate issues and make arguments on the floor of the Senate? I'd think that would have to be a concern for him, his doctors, his people, and those who vote for him. Timeframe for his recovery must also be considered, because there's really no "set" timeframe on his recovery. I hope he recovers quickly, but some stroke sufferers take years to recover. Some don't recover at all, unfortunately.

Edited by Monte1076

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Established credentials?  Wow, as Mayor he vandalized a black owned business sign, held a jogger a gun point, missed nearly all of the Council meetings. Great crendentials!

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

This was the Nixon sweating during the debate with Kennedy.  Even FDR was smart enough not to be photographed in his wheelchair.  Some people that have had strokes can recover and some don't mentally.  I had an uncle that had a stroke, and he wasn't all there some of the time.