3A D2 R3 Playoff picture.

BEASTeastTX

2 hours ago, TheShoeFits said:

Will be good matchups. WR is the obvious outlier of the district, but Edgewood, Troup, and GS are very capable teams. They run hard and are physical on both sides of the ball. Should be exciting to watch. 

They all look good because they’re all playing each other . None of them are great. Nobody in that district makes a deep run.. even yall top dog WR. They will get killed whenever they meet Newton or Dfield .. Hooks might beat Wr when they meet up

19 hours ago, GRINnBEARit said:

DeKalb gave DF fits last few years. They should meet up rd 2. I don’t know if they can get it done this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Newton and DeKalb in round 3.

Edited by FridayNightLightss

3 hours ago, CaptHook said:

Whoever is 3 and 4 won’t make it out of first round. Hooks and DeKalb are tough.

There be a three way tie for first in District 9 if Edgewood and Grand Saline win this week. Dekalb will have a tough match-up in the 1st round regardless. I think District 9 goes 3-1 in Bi-district.

I’m going to say this is how the bracket looks Saturday morning:

West Rusk vs Pewitt

Hemphill vs Waskom

Hooks vs Grand Saline

Harmony vs New Waverly

Daingerfield vs Anderson-Shiro

De Kalb vs Troup

Newton vs Hughes Springs

Edgewood vs New Boston

In the games that affect standings this week.

West Rusk over Edgewood and Troup over Grand Saline to force a 3 way tie for 2nd. Points will turn it out as Edgewood, Troup, Grand Saline.

Hooks over New Boston, De Kalb over Redwater and Pewitt over Chism. 

Daingerfield over Harmony and Waskom over Hughes Springs.

Newton over New Waverly and Anderson-Shiro over trinity. 

Edited by villagegenius

2 hours ago, villagegenius said:

West Rusk vs Pewitt

Hemphill vs Waskom

Hooks vs Grand Saline

Harmony vs New Waverly

De Kalb vs Troup

Newton vs Hughes Springs

Edgewood vs New Boston

West Rusk over Edgewood and Troup over Grand Saline to force a 3 way tie for 2nd. Points will turn it out as Edgewood, Troup, Grand Saline.

I don't see Troup winning this week. Although, in that three way tie scenario Grand Saline is +3 right now and Troup is -14, with Edgewood at +11. Troup would have to win by atleast 9 to move up to 3rd.

17 hours ago, TheShoeFits said:

Don’t sleep on district 9. WR, Edgewood, GS, and Troup are all good football teams. Don’t be surprised to see a couple of these teams go a few rounds. 

That district they are playing has the best 1 win team in the state. Pewitt will more than likely be the 4 seed if they can get a win they will be a 2 win team but definitely not your average 2 win team 

• Like 1

Just now, TIMRIGGINS said:

That district they are playing has the best 1 win team in the state. Pewitt will more than likely be the 4 seed if they can get a win they will be a 2 win team but definitely not your average 2 win team 

That's a fact!  They'll put the numbers on the board, just gotta keep the other team from doing the same! 

Just now, kooldown54 said:

That's a fact!  They'll put the numbers on the board, just gotta keep the other team from doing the same! 

They will score in a hurry....Maybe they slow down in the playoffs. If they do that and keep the other team from getting the ball they may surprise some folks 

3 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

They will score in a hurry....Maybe they slow down in the playoffs. If they do that and keep the other team from getting the ball they may surprise some folks 

They have the ability and talent to upset anyone if their defense would show up. They just can’t figure it out on defense though, so I don’t see this happening.

13 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

No I don't but just listing the possibilities, even if it's a stretch. 

I have it on good authority this is the game that Newton has been eyeballing. 

it’s lost a little luster with Hemphills comeback. Over them. I think with the things new Waverly can do they have the opportunity to pull an upset. 

but like you said it is a stretch. 

1 hour ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

I agree. They’ll beat a 2 seed out of  most districts in the state. Especially if they start peaking defensively because they can score. 

15 hours ago, FridayNightLightss said:

They all look good because they’re all playing each other . None of them are great. Nobody in that district makes a deep run.. even yall top dog WR. They will get killed whenever they meet Newton or Dfield .. Hooks might beat Wr when they meet up

They’ve all played good teams this season, especially in pre district. I don’t think people are giving D9 proper credit. Going to be interesting to watch bi-district! 

10 minutes ago, TheShoeFits said:

They’ve all played good teams this season, especially in pre district. I don’t think people are giving D9 proper credit. Going to be interesting to watch bi-district! 

Wins for the 4 playoff teams in District 9 Non-District: Sabine, Mineola, Rains, Eustace, White Oak, Buffalo, Pewitt, Commerce, Scurry-Rosser, Elkhart

Losses: Malakoff, Tatum, Cooper, Palmer, Carlisle

District 10 Wins: Elysian Fields, Harmony, Tenaha, Hawkins, Queen City

Losses: Jefferson, Cooper, Winnsboro, Mount Vernon, Troup, Atlanta 

comparing those 2 I’d say district 9 should fare well in bi-district. 

16 hours ago, villagegenius said:

West Rusk vs Pewitt

Hemphill vs Waskom

Hooks vs Grand Saline

Harmony vs New Waverly

De Kalb vs Troup

Newton vs Hughes Springs

Edgewood vs New Boston

I would think that is a nightmare matchup for West Rusk. I know Pewitt is down, but can West Rusk stop the slot t? Run defense has been the Achilles heal all year.

2 hours ago, TigerBlue09 said:

🤫🤫

You fellas aren’t wrong. Maybe they’ll surprise us this year. This is the best Edgewood’s been in a few years, should’ve went 3 rounds in R2 in 2016,2017, and 2018, but injuries/coaching errors cost them in the 2nd each year. This is the best GS has been in a long time as well.  Not sure how Troup compares to recent years but I know WR has been good consistently for a while. Like I’ve said before, going to be interesting to see how it all ends up. 

36 minutes ago, TheShoeFits said:

You fellas aren’t wrong. Maybe they’ll surprise us this year. This is the best Edgewood’s been in a few years, should’ve went 3 rounds in R2 in 2016,2017, and 2018, but injuries/coaching errors cost them in the 2nd each year. This is the best GS has been in a long time as well.  Not sure how Troup compares to recent years but I know WR has been good consistently for a while. Like I’ve said before, going to be interesting to see how it all ends up. 

Edgewood won’t beat DK first round