3A D2 R3 Playoff picture.

BEASTeastTX

7 minutes ago, FastTurtle said:

If Newton had their best all-around player on the field against Canadian, then it wouldn't have been close. He was a 4-Star WR / DB with offers from Alabama, LSU, Etc. Once he was ruled out the last two games that year, Newton went one-dimensional and couldn't pass the ball. He also would have slowed Canadian's passing game down by a good bit. He was a huge difference-maker. Canadian played a great game; props to them. 

Ole Brown? Yea he was legit.. What ever became of him? I haven't heard of him playing on saturdays at all..

8 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

East Benard I belive it was should have been the state game that game they were tough  they had us but barlow had other plans lol they would have beat canadian also those kids were good 

Yea they are usually always solid.. One of the heavy hitters in R4 for sure. You guys and Boling been the only thing between them and Jerry World the last few years!

1 minute ago, GATA18 said:

Ole Brown? Yea he was legit.. What ever became of him? I haven't heard of him playing on saturdays at all..

He quit the team two games before the state championship. He did not pursue college or football for his own issues/reasons. However, Newton has two kids that may make the College Football Playoffs. TCU is ranked #4 and USC is Ranked #7. It would be neat to have two Newton kids playing in the 4-team college playoffs. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FastTurtle said:

He quit the team two games before the state championship. He did not pursue college or football for his own issues/reasons. However, Newton has two kids that may make the College Football Playoffs. TCU is ranked #4 and USC is Ranked #7. It would be neat to have two Newton kids playing in the 4-team college playoffs. 

Definitely man! CC alumni Ladarius Hamilton almost sacked Dak Prescott sunday night! He's a MLB for Green Bay!

2 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Definitely man! CC alumni Ladarius Hamilton almost sacked Dak Prescott sunday night! He's a MLB for Green Bay!

Wow! I remember him and watched a few games on TV while he was at North Texas. I did not realize he made an NFL team and is active. That is awesome. He has a motor. 

1 hour ago, FastTurtle said:

Wow! I remember him and watched a few games on TV while he was at North Texas. I did not realize he made an NFL team and is active. That is awesome. He has a motor. 

Dude is a machine, great hustle, and great work ethic he's a grinder for sure and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet! He bounced around a couple different practice squads, this is either his 2nd or 3rd season on Green Bay's active roster! 

11 hours ago, CaptHook said:

West Rusk is so overrated. 

West Rusk is average. They are not bad and they're not great. It was a good battle with Waskom last night, which is also an average team this year. I'm not saying West Rusk can't beat Hooks because I never really heard of Hooks. However, whichever team advances, their road ends in the 4th round which is nothing to be ashamed of. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 7:34 PM, CaptHook said:

From watching that 1st quarter… Neither one of these teams want to see Hooks next week. 

Couldn’t resist this.  It seems neither of those two will see Hooks after Harmony did the same thing to Hooks that they did to Waskom.  That Harmony O line is pretty darn good.

3 minutes ago, Ringside said:

Couldn’t resist this.  It seems neither of those two will see Hooks after Harmony did the same thing to Hooks that they did to Waskom.  That Harmony O line is pretty darn good.

Both sides of that line manhandled us tonight.  They won in every way 2nd half. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CaptHook said:

Both sides of that line manhandled us tonight.  They won in every way 2nd half. 

That Qb for Hooks played a good game, he’s a strong runner and throw a good ball. He delivered a lot of hard hits himself but I think that took a toll later one in the game. 

15 hours ago, FastTurtle said:

West Rusk is average. They are not bad and they're not great. It was a good battle with Waskom last night, which is also an average team this year. I'm not saying West Rusk can't beat Hooks because I never really heard of Hooks. However, whichever team advances, their road ends in the 4th round which is nothing to be ashamed of. 

You’ve heard of Hooks…Home of Billy Sims, Jeremiah Trotter, c’mon man.

9 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

You’ve heard of Hooks…Home of Billy Sims, Jeremiah Trotter, c’mon man.

And the amazing thing is that was the last appearance (and maybe only) in the championship, 1973. Third round 2 or 3 times since then but 0 in the last 16 years. A heisman trophy, all pro middle linebacker, plus a few nfl linemen. Hooks is where they do less with more.

If keeling and his staff stayed and kids stayed. Waskom would be playing in the regional finals again. I was really impressed with the growth waskom had over the year. But keeling would have never let Waskom be so undisciplined. Waskom has to replace a lot. Will be interesting to see how new staff develops kids that were not coached by keeling 

56 minutes ago, RonChee said:

And the amazing thing is that was the last appearance (and maybe only) in the championship, 1973. Third round 2 or 3 times since then but 0 in the last 16 years. A heisman trophy, all pro middle linebacker, plus a few nfl linemen. Hooks is where they do less with more.

Says the DeKalb fan. When was last time DeKalb went 3 rounds? How about a district championship?

13 hours ago, CaptHook said:

Says the DeKalb fan. When was last time DeKalb went 3 rounds? How about a district championship?

The only thing I am a fan of in DeKalb is the Junction. I know the ambiance doesn’t compare with the smoke filled palatial palace in the old Thomas’ building on the corner in Hooks but the food is good.

I think you could combine the DeKalb and Hooks teams and neither coach could get out of the second round.

• LOL! 1