3A D2 R3 Playoff picture.

BEASTeastTX

18 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Edgewood put up the fight I expected. Grand Saline was plagued by their inconsistency and got down and couldn't recover. Troup was as expected, strong first half then completely fell apart in the second. 

West Rusk is still not playing to full potential but still managing to win games. It would be awesome if they get it together.

Maybe we can take y’all out in a date Round 4

Just now, TigerBlue09 said:

That’s what I had picked since last game of district 

Waskom gets there no doubt.. They'll beat WR this week and I do believe they beat Hooks or Harmony either one. If yall beat DK (and we all know Newton is gonna most likely beat NB) It'll be a game to see who gets to meet em there in the 4th.. 

aa

2 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Waskom gets there no doubt.. They'll beat WR this week and I do believe they beat Hooks or Harmony either one. If yall beat DK (and we all know Newton is gonna most likely beat NB) It'll be a game to see who gets to meet em there in the 

I really don't see Newton loosing to anyone this year really think this team is a special team just not with the hype of all the d1 kids they play alot like the great teams we have had in the past our offense is what is surprising this year and with #6 in the backfield he's a beast on both sides of the ball 

• Like 1

Just now, FIGNEWTON said:

aa

I really don't see Newton loosing to anyone this year really think this team is a special team just not with the hype of all the d1 kids they play alot like the great teams we have had in the past our offense is what is surprising this year and with #6 in the backfield he's a beast on both sides of the ball 

Yall could very well do it man, if I HAD to pick a team it'd be yall

9 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

aa

What grade is number 6 in?

3 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Waskom gets there no doubt.. They'll beat WR this week and I do believe they beat Hooks or Harmony either one. If yall beat DK (and we all know Newton is gonna most likely beat NB) It'll be a game to see who gets to meet em there in the 4th.. 

yes I think so too, that’s the weak side bracket off region 3, I think the winner out of Newton/Daingerfield square off with Gunter at state 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FIGNEWTON said:

It could very well be Gunter, they're always loaded, definitely the best team in R2 no doubt. I'm just a big Canadian supporter, I am always impressed by how successful they are, I guess I'm just a sucker for well disciplined, tough teams they never have fast,huge D1 college athletes, just a bunch of well coached, tough scrappy guys that love to play ball, and they are always in the state title hunt. They play true to the ole CC motto out hit,out hustle,out last! I'd love to see em get back there this year.

15 hours ago, FIGNEWTON said:

aa

It is odd how much hype Newton doesnt have and gunter does................................ makes no sense..................... 

4 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Ya because we are east tx lol you got to be from the north it's ok cause neither team has beaten us 

Canadian gave the figs all they wanted in 18! But yall still pulled it out. I don't believe in a team being unbeatable but those Newton teams in 17 and 18 were as close as I believe I've seen to one. Back to back undefeated state title runs!

17 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Canadian gave the figs all they wanted in 18! But yall still pulled it out. I don't believe in a team being unbeatable but those Newton teams in 17 and 18 were as close as I believe I've seen to one. Back to back undefeated state title runs!

If Newton had their best all-around player on the field against Canadian, then it wouldn't have been close. He was a 4-Star WR / DB with offers from Alabama, LSU, Etc. Once he was ruled out the last two games that year, Newton went one-dimensional and couldn't pass the ball. He also would have slowed Canadian's passing game down by a good bit. He was a huge difference-maker. Canadian played a great game; props to them. 

21 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

East Benard I belive it was should have been the state game that game they were tough  they had us but barlow had other plans lol they would have beat canadian also those kids were good 

5 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

East Benard I belive it was should have been the state game that game they were tough  they had us but barlow had other plans lol they would have beat canadian also those kids were good 

Yeah they where solid all across the board also