Corrigan-Camden vs centerville for the district championship!!

corrigancamden09

Corrigan vs. Centerville   

46 members have voted

1. 1. District Champion is?????

This poll is closed to new votes

They don't get talked about much probably due to location and no posters, but Centerville is the most consistent 2a program in this area.  They've ran the same system dating back to when Keith Gardner was the HC.  Physical style of play and I don't think anybody wants to see them come playoff time.

12 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

They don't get talked about much probably due to location and no posters, but Centerville is the most consistent 2a program in this area.  They've ran the same system dating back to when Keith Gardner was the HC.  Physical style of play and I don't think anybody wants to see them come playoff time.

Agreed. Year-in, year-out, they are in the mix. 

21 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

This is probably our best team since 2012

Where are all of those Corrigan Camden posters at, is that crickets I hear that do not want to eat the crow that they talked. A great non-district schedule prepares you for games like this 56-21, like I said "Iron Sharpens Iron", say what you want about non district but Centerville was ready because they were battle test and not afraid to play the best unlike Corrigan Camden.  Just my 2 cents, but good luck the rest of the way for both teams.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:40 AM, corrigancamden09 said:

Lol it amazes me how people get on here and think that centerville is gonna blow CC out….   And all I’ve heard is how CC ain’t played anyone… 

you put buna .. kirbyville.. and coldspring in 2A , and they are right up in the mix with the heavy hitters! 

my goodness we beat centerville last year and we returned everyone! Plus added to it….  And in my opinion we are way better this year!  

so I’m telling you right now!  Centerville ain’t blowing CC out! 
centerville might win in a absolute battle!!  But they won’t blow us out.. 

Post game thoughts?

CC got whooped tonight ! No excuses!    People probably expected us to run and hide after this game..  but we are here !  
CC won’t make it out of the first round playing like they played tonight…  if people from CC get mad at that statement oh well..   maybe a butt whooping isn’t the worst thing that could’ve happened tonight..

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

CC got whooped tonight ! No excuses!    People probably expected us to run and hide after this game..  but we are here !  
CC won’t make it out of the first round playing like they played tonight…  if people from CC get mad at that statement oh well..   maybe a butt whooping isn’t the worst thing that could’ve happened tonight..

Especially y’all have a tough match up in garrison in the 1st round. Congratulations on a good regular season. Tough loss tonight but I expect a good ball game next week. 

1 minute ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Especially y’all have a tough match up in garrison in the 1st round. Congratulations on a good regular season. Tough loss tonight but I expect a good ball game next week. 

Yes sir thank you!  
if we play like we did tonight..  garrison will strum us!    I’m not bad mouthing my team..  

but we just weren’t physical enough tonight..   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PurpleEagles04 said:

Could’ve sworn there were people on here saying this was going to be a one score game and that pre-district doesn’t matter.

Centerville come out and played more physical and that's that. I'll admit it I'll have to eat crow on this one. But yall dont act like yall was all saying Cville big or nothing like that cause everybody else on here was saying the same thing about a one to two score game. Oh well good luck to Cville in the playoffs. Time to deal with a little adversity and focus on Garrison.

@BEASTeastTX @yourteamstinks @Arrow aint nobody hiding. Cville come out and played their best game and CC didint. And when you have 2 good teams like that on the field whoever does just that wins and who dont loses, it's simple. Cville dominated the point of attack on both sides of the ball, just physically dominated, definitely the most physical team CC has seen thus far. Still think if CC comes out and plays their best it's one to two scores but they didint and that's that. Good luck to em in the playoffs. A little adversity is something CC hasnt seen this year.. We'll see how we handle it going into round 1. Let's go CC  GATA

On 10/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, corrigancamden09 said:

I know some like to look at strengths of schedule..  and stats ..  

so here are some facts about both teams in district! 

CC has outscored their opponents in district 

208-0

centerville has outscored their opponents in district 

186- 28

both offenses are impressive..  but as the old saying goes..  the proof is in the pudding!    CC will have the better defense coming into this battle! 
i know some will say those scores came late for centerville..  but that says a lot about CC’S second string D..  they have done a great job holding off teams from scoring after halftime 

Updated district overall scores… that changed quick.

Centerville 242 -49

Corrigan 229 - 56