Corrigan-Camden vs centerville for the district championship!!

corrigancamden09

Corrigan vs. Centerville   

46 members have voted

1. 1. District Champion is?????

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Idk why everyone think CV doesn’t have athletes they have a good track program every year. And they definitely have a good strength coach.  I’m pretty sure  CV returned a bunch same as CC. Probably going to be a 1 score game same as last year either team could win. 

It's definitely gonna be a tight one man Centerville is a little more undersized than they have been in years past but that hasn't seemed to matter they've had success doing their thing so im excited to see how this one goes

I know some like to look at strengths of schedule..  and stats ..  

so here are some facts about both teams in district! 

CC has outscored their opponents in district 

208-0

centerville has outscored their opponents in district 

186- 28

both offenses are impressive..  but as the old saying goes..  the proof is in the pudding!    CC will have the better defense coming into this battle! 
i know some will say those scores came late for centerville..  but that says a lot about CC’S second string D..  they have done a great job holding off teams from scoring after halftime 

Edited by corrigancamden09
  • Thanks 1
  • SMH 1

6 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Lol it amazes me how people get on here and think that centerville is gonna blow CC out….   And all I’ve heard is how CC ain’t played anyone… 

you put buna .. kirbyville.. and coldspring in 2A , and they are right up in the mix with the heavy hitters! 

my goodness we beat centerville last year and we returned everyone! Plus added to it….  And in my opinion we are way better this year!  

so I’m telling you right now!  Centerville ain’t blowing CC out! 
centerville might win in a absolute battle!!  But they won’t blow us out.. 

CC is a good team, but y'all didn't beat Centerville last year.

Centerville's mistakes are what caused that loss.

2 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

A win is a win and a loss is a loss my friend. They don't put in parenthesis outside that game (CC didint really win Centerville just had mistakes) They put a W outside there for CC. This game could go either way but im tired of CC not getting any credit or respect for anything. We will soon find out though how things really are

1 minute ago, GATA18 said:

A win is a win and a loss is a loss my friend. They don't put in parenthesis outside that game (CC didint really win Centerville just had mistakes) They put a W outside there for CC. This game could go either way but im tired of CC not getting any credit or respect for anything. We will soon find out though how things really are

I get where you're coming from.  I have absolutely no dog in this fight and I'm glad to see CC back in the mix.  But I'm also going to call it what it is.  The win CC got last year was because of Centerville's mistakes...and if you were at that game you would know that.

Good luck to both teams.  It ought to be one H3!! of a game to watch.

Just now, nationalpastime said:

I get where you're coming from.  I have absolutely no dog in this fight and I'm glad to see CC back in the mix.  But I'm also going to call it what it is.  The win CC got last year was because of Centerville's mistakes...and if you were at that game you would know that.

You do know that capitalizing on other teams mistakes is a means of winning a football game right?🤣 I'm js man i'm not trying to push the issue or anything but just stating that out as a knock on CC ain't cool. CC is far better than last year and I don't believe Centerville has experienced quite the leap forward CC has. Albeit they are a sound football team and it will be a heck of a game  

41 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

Yep, CV melted down under the pressure of facing CC and started making "mistakes". Expect even "more mistakes" in this one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nationalpastime said:

No sir we scored first in overtime and then shut centerville down ..  I mean no disrespect,  but that’s not centerville losing on mistakes.. that’s CC stepping up when needed..

please don’t think I’m guaranteeing a win against them!  It will be a war!!  But I believe we can do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nationalpastime said:

I was at the game as well 

9 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Lol it amazes me how people get on here and think that centerville is gonna blow CC out….   And all I’ve heard is how CC ain’t played anyone… 

you put buna .. kirbyville.. and coldspring in 2A , and they are right up in the mix with the heavy hitters! 

my goodness we beat centerville last year and we returned everyone! Plus added to it….  And in my opinion we are way better this year!  

so I’m telling you right now!  Centerville ain’t blowing CC out! 
centerville might win in a absolute battle!!  But they won’t blow us out.. 

I know a w is a w. But y’all opened up with a toss pass trick play and the got shut out for 30 minutes lol. Y’all should have lost that game. 

• Like 1

Just now, BEASTeastTX said:

I know a w is a w. But y’all opened up with a toss pass trick play and the got shut out for 30 minutes lol. Y’all should have lost that game. 

Brother that wasn’t a toss pass… 😂 it was a fake option reverse pass …. Now that we’ve cleared that up!  How is scoring 27 points getting shutout?!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Y’all are absolutely insane if y’all think CC schedule has been anywhere CLOSE, or even in the same category or PLANET, as Centerville.  

OK, CV wins the "played the toughest schedule" competition to go with their "should have beat CC last year trophy". CV finishes 2nd and CC will be on track to face Timpson for Region 3. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

OK, CV wins the "played the toughest schedule" competition to go with their "should have beat CC last year trophy". CV finishes 2nd and CC will be on track to face Timpson for Region 3. 

He got quiet when I hit him with the district play standings lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

He got quiet when I hit him with the district play standings lol

In my opinion, humbly, you guys need that to validate y’all. 
Centerville doesn’t…. They have no problem letting people score in trash time. Also y’all don’t have a whole lot of kids on the sideline if I remember correctly and Cville has some subs. 

I love y’all, to death and y’all have strung together some wins I haven’t expected y’all to but it’s got STRAIGHT TO YALLS mugs lol. 

2 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Centerville doesn’t…. They have no problem letting people score in trash time. Also y’all don’t have a whole lot of kids on the sideline if I remember correctly and Cville has some subs. 

I love y’all, to death and y’all have strung together some wins I haven’t expected y’all to but it’s got STRAIGHT TO YALLS mugs lol. 

You are speaking on things you know nothing about lol

The 2nd string and jv kids have played after halftime every game midway through the 3rd quarter…  except for last night because it was senior night ,  they didn’t come in til the 4th… 

CC won’t get no respect unless we win next week..  and maybe not even then!  Probably will be a ton of excuses 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Well brother I'm sure glad your one of the many centerville admirers staring at their case full of "toughest pre district" and "only lose because of mistakes" trophies. But not one bit of any of that stuff matter going into this battle next Friday. I said it on my first post on this thread that it would be full of CC haters and look what we have. If all you guys have on CC is that Centerville had a better pre district? That's sad. Let's talk stats. Let's talk personell. Nobody wants to talk about that because CC DOMINATES in both. This is gonna be a downright battle. And those "tougher pre district games" aren't gonna matter one bit you can bank on that 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Added one more W to that nice 9-0 record. On a team that would've played the same game against CENTERVILLE if we're being real here 

Guy, Really I’m beyond happy for Corrigan I swear. I think it is better for TXHSFB when CC is at its peak just look at the past, and I’m NOT saying that CC CANT WIN. I’m just saying the way y’all are talking about “out athleting”  and “winning by two scores” and putting KIRBYVILLE?????? In the same breath as MART?????? Y’all are talking crazy… to be the man, you’ve gotta BEAT THE MAN… so if keep it calm until next Friday. And just wish your boys luck and for a good game, delusion’s to the side. And let’s be logical. You have to be objective, can’t be a “homer” about everything. 

11 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Guy, Really I’m beyond happy for Corrigan I swear. I think it is better for TXHSFB when CC is at its peak just look at the past, and I’m NOT saying that CC CANT WIN. I’m just saying the way y’all are talking about “out athleting”  and “winning by two scores” and putting KIRBYVILLE?????? In the same breath as MART?????? Y’all are talking crazy… to be the man, you’ve gotta BEAT THE MAN… so if keep it calm until next Friday. And just wish your boys luck and for a good game, delusion’s to the side. And let’s be logical. You have to be objective, can’t be a “homer” about everything. 

The boys will line up and duke it out next week..  all we can do as fans is hope for the best , whatever happens I’ll be happy for my team

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

For one nobody is comparing Mart to Kirbyville albeit Kirbyville was a good team and a good W for CC they may not be good by 3a-1 standards but they were a stout tough team. And I'm not saying there's no chance CC loses this game. It's very possible as a matter of fact. I like the dogs chances and it's gonna be a great game. So leave all the delusional and insanity talk at the house. CC is gonna line up against Centerville next week and give em the best run for their money they've seen this year and it's gonna be one for the history books for sure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1