Corrigan-Camden vs centerville for the district championship!!

corrigancamden09

Corrigan vs. Centerville   

46 members have voted

1. 1. District Champion is?????

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

CC always ran it with rotating 2 backs and 2 fullbacks ,  constantly keeping fresh legs in and then bust them with the fullbacks right up the middle 

We ran the Fly-T at Boles under Wallace with mostly formations with 1 TE, X, and 3 RBs. The Z RB was the speedster that would often go in fly motion from the slot. The F and H were the more powerful runners. We ran alot of QB runs and almost every play had misdirection so the QB had to have a could handle of the offense while being agile and able to pass on occasion. The OL flipped sides with the more powerful linemen always lined up on the strong side and the more agile linemen always on the weak side unless in an unbalanced Tackle Over. We used both power and zone blocking schemes. Wallace still Runs the Fly-T at Quinlan Ford but now also includes some Double Wing, Double TE, and Wishbone.

3 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

We ran the Fly-T at Boles under Wallace with mostly formations with 1 TE, X, and 3 RBs. The Z RB was the speedster that would often go in fly motion from the slot. The F and H were the more powerful runners. We ran alot of QB runs and almost every play had misdirection so the QB had to have a could handle of the offense while being agile and able to pass on occasion. The OL flipped sides with the more powerful linemen always lined up on the strong side and the more agile linemen always on the weak side unless in an unbalanced Tackle Over. We used both power and zone blocking schemes. Wallace still Runs the Fly-T at Quinlan Ford but now also includes some Double Wing, Double TE, and Wishbone.

Sounds like a tough offense buddy! 
i will always love a ground n pound offense.. that’s what I grew up watching!

11 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Sounds like a tough offense buddy! 
i will always love a ground n pound offense.. that’s what I grew up watching!

Yeah. If we didn't average atleast 9-10 a carry it was a down year. Ford led the nation in rushing last year with nearly 6200 yards and had 3 All-State runners.

8 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Old school CC always run double TE, a wing lined up on the strong side TE, sometimes in the backfield with the fullback. Quick side tight end split out wide a lot. Strongside lineman always flipped to where the ball is going, a lot of unbalanced tackle over formations. It was the bread and butter. CC having a lot of success with their pro-style spread this season and im glad to see it! Just got to have the athletes to do it! And CC has them this season!

11 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Another 24 Hrs without someone mentioning Centerville's pre district toughness championship? I'm surprised 🤣

Let’s just talk about how y’all are awful cocky and  haven’t played anyone of worth. 
best win is??? 
5-5 Coldspring??? By 3

3-7 Kirbyville???

I want to root for you guys I really really do…  but y’all are making it really hard.. 

15 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Let’s just talk about how y’all are awful cocky and  haven’t played anyone of worth. 
best win is??? 
5-5 Coldspring??? By 3

3-7 Kirbyville???

I want to root for you guys I really really do…  but y’all are making it really hard.. 

Guess I should have kept my mouth shut lol. Okay well how do Kirbyville and Coldspring and Buna fare against Centerville?

37 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

best win is??? 
5-5 Coldspring??? By 3

3-7 Kirbyville???

I’m so sick of being made out to be a cocky fan!! One more person says it and I’ll request the thread to be locked!!   

35 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

best win is??? 
5-5 Coldspring??? By 3

3-7 Kirbyville???

Centerville has played an identical schedule to CC. Three tough pre district opponents and other than that a bunch of doormats. Getting down to comparing the 3 tough opponents is just splitting hairs man. Not being cocky man just stating the fact that these games mean nothing coming into fridays matchup that's just the only ammunition Centerville has on CC when comparing the 2 teams is mart,jefferson and crawford are "so much better" than Kirbyville,buna, and Coldspring which looking at records they are. If you lined em up I don't think so near as much. It's gonna be a great one either way man and no one is guaranteed anything

8 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Centerville has played an identical schedule to CC. Three tough pre district opponents and other than that a bunch of doormats. Getting down to comparing the 3 tough opponents is just splitting hairs man. Not being cocky man just stating the fact that these games mean nothing coming into fridays matchup that's just the only ammunition Centerville has on CC when comparing the 2 teams is mart,jefferson and crawford are "so much better" than Kirbyville,buna, and Coldspring which looking at records they are. If you lined em up I don't think so near as much. It's gonna be a great one either way man and no one is guaranteed anything

This should be a really good game. Though, all we have to compare is non-district schedules since all the other district games have been huge blowouts. Mart, Jefferson, and Crawford are probably 2+ Tds better than Coldspring. Jefferson is 3A-1 District 6 Champions after beating Tatum last week and would be rated as top 10 team in 2A-1 along with Crawford. Which Centerville shows up this game between the one that beat a higher rated Jefferson team and the one that lost by 15 to Crawford remains to be seen. Teague(4-1 in 3A-1 D8) is the team that is comparable to Coldspring and Centerville beat them by 15. The Calpreps computer still only projects a 3 point Centerville win though.

Screenshot_20221101_205446_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221101_205010_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221101_204706_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221101_210014_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221101_212254_Chrome.jpg

To say the pre-district games have no impact on the game Thursday is one thing, but to say CC and Centerville have played identical schedules is absolutely blasphemous. Crawford, Mart, and Jefferson are all 2+ TDs better than any team CC has played this year. No way you actually believe this.

16 minutes ago, THSF Fan said:

To say the pre-district games have no impact on the game Thursday is one thing, but to say CC and Centerville have played identical schedules is absolutely blasphemous. Crawford, Mart, and Jefferson are all 2+ TDs better than any team CC has played this year. No way you actually believe this.

So are we gonna just ignore the district games that both CC and centerville have played?  
just look at the scores.. 

district standings

CC 208-0

centerville 186-28

for people to say centerville is way better than CC is just non sense.. I’d say the teams are even!

people need to stop looking at records and watch some film ..    coldspring.. buna and kirbyville are in some of the best 3A division 1 districts out there.. 

you can’t judge them on their records ..  and I’m not saying they are better than mart..  Crawford or Jefferson..  But they aren’t trash opponents like everyone is saying man

Edited by corrigancamden09
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

This should be a really good game. Though, all we have to compare is non-district schedules since all the other district games have been huge blowouts. Mart, Jefferson, and Crawford are probably 2+ Tds better than Coldspring. Jefferson is 3A-1 District 6 Champions after beating Tatum last week and would be rated as top 10 team in 2A-1 along with Crawford. Which Centerville shows up this game between the one that beat a higher rated Jefferson team and the one that lost by 15 to Crawford remains to be seen. Teague(4-1 in 3A-1 D8) is the team that is comparable to Coldspring and Centerville beat them by 15. The Calpreps computer still only projects a 3 point Centerville win though.

I’d say the teams are bout even honestly!  The way we have both handled this district..  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, THSF Fan said:

Whatever man y'all will see come Thursday night. Mart is far from the juggernaut they always are. I haven't seen anything on Crawford I'm sure they're beast as usually. And Jefferson is far from a world beater. And Cold spring buna and kirbyville wipe the floor with teague. If CC comes out and shuts the run down Thursday they're gonna turn it into a track meet and destroy Centerville. Im done discussing pre district games let's talk district stats shall we? Oh yeah @corrigancamden09 has done put that out there. Y'all check it out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HornetSenior said:

Good thing this game is gonna be played on the field and not on cal preps. Kville buna and coldspring wipe the floor with teague. Maybe a one to two score game against mart Crawford and Jefferson. But that's not the point that's not who's playing Thursday. It's CC V. Centerville and CC gonna shock some folks if they play their best game y'all mark my words 

Centerville is a very physical football team,I don’t know anything about CC but I know they usually have speed. Should be a great game. Y’all have been going back and forth about preseason schedules. Since Teague’s loss to Centerville they have won 5 out of 6 only loss is to Malakoff. This has all the makings of a barnburner. Is anyone streaming this game ? 

48 minutes ago, player73 said:

Centerville is a very physical football team,I don’t know anything about CC but I know they usually have speed. Should be a great game. Y’all have been going back and forth about preseason schedules. Since Teague’s loss to Centerville they have won 5 out of 6 only loss is to Malakoff. This has all the makings of a barnburner. Is anyone streaming this game ? 

I have been trying to get people to focus on the district matches..  because that is who both teams have played ..  

most people on here are claiming that centerville is way better than CC..  but that’s just not the case..  

Both teams are even in my opinion..  

this game should go one of two ways…

Centerville will move the ball and we have a shootout game..  or CC will shut their run down and will win big..

i prefer the latter…

Edited by corrigancamden09

6 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I have been trying to get people to focus on the district matches..  because that is who both teams have played ..  

most people on here are claiming that centerville is way better than CC..  but that’s just not the case..  

Both teams are even in my opinion..  

this game should go one of two ways…

Centerville will move the ball and we have a shootout game..  or CC will shut their run down and will win big..

i prefer the latter…

The only issue I have with your confidence is you were on here and the app with same confidence last year then you came over to NW and got beat by 3 TDS and they pulled the starters in the beginning of the 4th.

Edited by HeatTested

Good thing this game is gonna be played on the field and not on cal preps. Kville buna and coldspring wipe the floor with teague. Maybe a one to two score game against mart Crawford and Jefferson. But that's not the point that's not who's playing Thursday. It's CC V. Centerville and CC gonna shock some folks if they play their best game y'all mark my words 

You’ve gotta be trolling now haha. 

3 minutes ago, HeatTested said:

The only issue I have with your confidence is you were on here and the app with same confidence last year then you came over to NW and got beat by 3 TDS and they pulled the starters in the beginning of the 4th.

Brother that’s last year … 😂 and we had 5 starters out going into game ..  and still was only down 14 to 7 at halftime ..     if you want to bring up last year ,  we beat centerville last year ..  

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Brother that’s last year … 😂 and we had 5 starters out going into game ..  and still was only down 14 to 7 at halftime ..     if you want to bring up last year ,  we beat centerville last year ..  

Then lost by 3 TDs to a team that Centerville beat.

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

At one point I think I remember you deleting the app because you couldn't handle all the crow you were being force fed for being so overconfident.