Week Eleven: Longview vs West Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-0, 6-0) vs West Mesquite Wranglers (3-6, 0-6)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • West Mesquite in a close one
    • West Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2022 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, kingwolf said:

Mine's just personal because I am a cry baby.  I just wanted to see both games this week.

Lol, I wanted to be able to actually enjoy the game. Instead I'm gonna be hustling all over the place. It's a drag. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Not sure how accurate the stats are but I see west Mesquite thru nine games only have scored total of 92 points 👀 this about to get ugly let's get it over with and come out injury free

I wanna see some senior linemen get a chance to carry the ball. :woot:

• LOL! 2
  • Prayers 1

Why are we moving games all of a sudden because of rain? We don't play in the rain anymore? Other teams still do. What happens when there's rain during a playoff game, and we can't move it, and the players are now not ready for it? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Not sure how accurate the stats are but I see west Mesquite thru nine games only have scored total of 92 points 👀 this about to get ugly let's get it over with and come out injury free

LoboFan07 posts the scores of every game at the beginning of the thread, so it's pretty easy to check. They scored more than 50 points both game 2 and 3, so clearly have scored more than 92. Their total scoring output on the season is 225. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Why are we moving games all of a sudden because of rain? We don't play in the rain anymore? Other teams still do. What happens when there's rain during a playoff game, and we can't move it, and the players are now not ready for it? 

My understanding is not that we're getting rain, but that we're expecting severe thunderstorms. 

Fwiw, we were already *expecting* rain on Friday and were planning our events (Senior Night, Wall of Honor, etc.) accordingly. But the forecast became severe early this morning, prompting the reschedule. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

My understanding is not that we're getting rain, but that we're expecting severe thunderstorms. 

Fwiw, we were already *expecting* rain on Friday and were planning our events (Senior Night, Wall of Honor, etc.) accordingly. But the forecast became severe early this morning, prompting the reschedule. 

We live in Texas. They could call for 100% chance of thunderstorms as of Friday morning, and we still get clear skies and sunshine. Heck, they could call for thunderstorms Friday night, and then we get them Thursday night. What then? lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

We live in Texas. They could call for 100% chance of thunderstorms as of Friday morning, and we still get clear skies and sunshine. Heck, they could call for thunderstorms Friday night, and then we get them Thursday night. What then? lol

Well, then I get to sit back and be glad I'm not the one who has to make those decisions. :woot:

• LOL! 3

I mean, we even were talking about this possibility at the game itself last week. This isn't that big of a shock. Much rather just have it on Thursday and get it out of the way, instead of like kingwolf said a Saturday game or heck...the game not happening at all.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

It is not the rain they are moving it for, it is the lightning and the hours of delays.